Can I transfer mails from Plesk to cpanel or customized panel or vice versa.

I need to know the process to move mails from plesk to cpanel or cpanel to plesk, need to know if it is easy.

I currently have a windows hosting and need to change it (the reason that it is very expensive), but the whole company mails depend on the server. All the mails are downloaded on Outlook for individual users. But in case of changing to cpanel or a customized host, is it easy to transfer the mail accounts, or do i have to recreate everything again.

Also if there are some mails pending on the webmail server, which are not downloaded on a pc, can i take them too or do i loose them.

It is possible to migrate mailboxes from Plesk>Cpanel and visa versa, however it would require you to have admin/root access to both system from my knowledge. I have done plenty of these migrations so I can say it definatley works.

Quote Originally Posted by wepinto View Post
    It is possible to migrate mailboxes from Plesk>Cpanel and visa versa, however it would require you to have admin/root access to both system from my knowledge. I have done plenty of these migrations so I can say it definatley works.
    I have access to the Plesk control of the old hosting and I will be the one finalizing the new host.

I am really not sure what you mean by root access, can you be more elaborate or help me explain the process. For the new host, i will have a reseller plan and i use Windows OS.

I believe you are on the windows server, the word root access basically use for the Linux machines but can be use for the windows servers too.

Root access = RDP Access in windows (REMOTE DESKTOP).