Arrow I need a fast VPS which can handle 25000 uniques a day

Hey Guys,
    I need a VPS which can handle 25000 uniques per day. Pls. recommend:
    1. The reliable company.
    2. Resources required in the VPS.
    3. Do I need a cpanel to transfer my sites from hostgator(Shared Baby plan right now)
    4. other necessary requirements for fast site loading.

All my sites are content wordpress sites.
    Thanks in advance.
    Iaent

If you need Cpanel then you'll need a bigger VPS then without. Depending on your plugins, custom code, how optimized etc... I would start with a 768MB Cpanel VPS (512MB without any CP).

From your post the fact that you need help migrating cpanel accounts leads me to think you need managed.

Knownhost, Wiredtree, Servint are my managed host rec's.

Quote Originally Posted by iaent View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I need a VPS which can handle 25000 uniques per day. Pls. recommend:
    2. Resources required in the VPS.
    That is quite a bit of traffic for a VPS to handle. I would not personally recommend a VPS if you truly have that many unique visitors.

3. Do I need a cpanel to transfer my sites from hostgator(Shared Baby plan right now)
    There is no real need for cPanel or any control panel unless you are restoring from a cPanel backup or export. If you do require a control panel, there are several options but why waste system resources with a control panel.
    4. other necessary requirements for fast site loading.
    Really depends on your budget. I know you said you have 25K unique visitors per day but now many actual page views do you have? If you truly want performance, separate your application and database servers. Of course this would require 2 servers but would also increase performance significantly.
    ZZ Servers - Business Hosting, HIPAA and PCI Compliant Hosting Solutions - http://www.zzservers.com
    Xen Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting
    Custom configurations, firewall, VPN, load balancers, private networks and more.

thanks friends for your reply.
    25000 is peak uniques I get with PV going upto 75000 in a day. usually I get 10-12000 PV per day.
    As my sites are doing well on shared hostgator hosting(baby plan) but they sometimes complain of excess CPU usage.
    How shall I transfer my sites from HG?
    Budget is not a big deal. I need fast and reliable VPS.
    thanks

I'd personally just go for a small dedicated server if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by subigo View Post
    I'd personally just go for a small dedicated server if I were you.
    when I said budget, I didn't mean budget for a dedi. I can spend upto $50-$60 for a good reliable VPS

Did you need a managed or unmanaged VPS provider? If you need a manged provider I would suggest Wiredtree as they have many positive reviews on this forum.

You should have a budget in mind as to maximize the resources your getting for the price your paying.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

i need to say
    You will need about 1 gb Ram will fine
    namy cheap company give reliable

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

good luck
    Webgater.CoM - Cheap FullyManged Unmetered VPS , Master Reseller ,
    Reseller and Webhosting.
    Tomer A

cPanel would make things easier but might not fit with your budget and spec requirements.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

Guys,
    I had a talk with esited.com few hrs back. i am still searching the reviews about it. they host a site chia-anime.com which looks very fast loading. What you guys say about it? Its on their Gold Plan with 3GB RAM
    Iaent

Guys,
    I had a talk with esited.com few hrs back. i am still searching the reviews about it. they host a site chia-anime.com which looks very fast loading. What you guys say about it? Its on their Gold Plan with 3GB RAM
    Iaent
    Ask for the specs of the node your VPS will be on. See what kind of CPU it is and how many Ghz, RAM, BW, cores, ect. Not all of these relate to speed but should still be considered.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

Guys,
    Iaent
    I have never heard of them before but you could have 4gb of ram or more and if your site is not optimized well then it could go slower then a 1gb ram system. Looking at esited reviews : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=esited.com
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=esited.com

and the fact that they are managed I would go for it.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

As per the thread here
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=885107
    All VPSES are hosted on our 8 Core 16gb ram servers
    is there anyway to confirm it? Although they are not getting much response on their offers.

I posted this on another thread but here it goes again (and there are plenty of other examples) this is one person's experience:

Drupal site + a WordPress blog with Nginx + PHP/FastCGI + MySQL on a linode 540 that gets the following monthly:

2 million page views
    32 million HTTP requests
    160+GB of data

As for esited I've heard of them before but not enough to have an opinion on them one way or another. By the way their Gold Plan has 1.5GB dedicated RAM I would not count on anything but dedicated resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    I posted this on another thread but here it goes again (and there are plenty of other examples) this is one person's experience:

Drupal site + a WordPress blog with Nginx + PHP/FastCGI + MySQL on a linode 540 that gets the following monthly:

2 million page views
    32 million HTTP requests
    160+GB of data

As for esited I've heard of them before but not enough to have an opinion on them one way or another. By the way their Gold Plan has 1.5GB dedicated RAM I would not count on anything but dedicated resources.
    Is this on esited VPS? how's the speed he is getting? satified?

Remember one site's page view is different to another site's page view. How much 'work' goes into each page view? But I think the point Nnyan is making, which I agree with, is that you should be fine with a solid VPS which has been optimized for your configuration. Look for a managed provider who will work with you to ensure your sites are working well and possibly help you tweak MySQL, eAccelerator etc. But anyway I think 1GB cPanel would be a nice place to start if you can.
    Exceptional VPS Hosting. With love, 6sync.

when I said budget, I didn't mean budget for a dedi. I can spend upto $50-$60 for a good reliable VPS
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...lesaleinternet

^ See that thread... you can get a dedicated for that price. Wholesaleinternet has good quality stuff.

@OP
    That's on a Linode 540 VPS.

@RayC
    Thanks for that I should have made that clear, I was not doing an apples to apples comparison just some info for thought.

You can go for a dedi just remember you'll need management and support.

Talking

You want a real dedi, not a vps...
    The-REV, OS/2 Guru
    http://macarloshark.com/
    Trusted Since 1997
    Blog: http://my.opera.com/The-REV/blog/

on an unrelated note...

Holy Cow The-REV that website is so loud it gave me a headache! = )

Quote Originally Posted by The-REV View Post
    You want a real dedi, not a vps...
    +1 for a dedicated server. Check out Wholesale Internet or Joes DC, they have dedicated servers for the price of a High end VPS server nearly.

They both have great networks and support.

on an unrelated note...

Holy Cow The-REV that website is so loud it gave me a headache! = )
    Ouch! Loud? It's off the scale! ha ha.

@OP
    That's on a Linode 540 VPS.

@RayC
    Thanks for that I should have made that clear, I was not doing an apples to apples comparison just some info for thought.

You can go for a dedi just remember you'll need management and support.
    Hi U mean a 540 MB RAM VPS canhandle all this;

2 million page views
    32 million HTTP requests
    160+GB of data
    How is it possible? can u PM me the site URL? thanks in advance.