is it ok to try a new web host which is not popular

Guys I have seen allot of web host that are not popular and indexed in google
    but there packages and performance look attractive.
    like some one suggested me ***********.com , arvixe.com but they are not
    much popular

is it ok to try such host, moreover I heard that popular web host are burdened with allot of sites so they do not provide performance

what you say?
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe try to find somebody else who is hosting with them. To see what their experiences are, though ***********.com only has one page indexed in google, you would expect a bit more, even if they are new.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello

Well you surely can, but that always is risky. Some companies are new but they are there to stay while others will disappear in a few weeks. I suggest opening a test account with any new companies you want to go with to check their servers and uptime etc. I am sure a new company which actually plans to stay in the industry will even give you a "free" test ride on request.
    HostiaWeb.Com - High-End Shared and Reseller Webhosting Solutions
    █ No Contracts No Overselling No Downtime No Outsourced Support No Worries
    █ Cpanel/Fantastico/RVSkins | Secure & Tweaked High End Servers | Friendly 24/7 Support
    █ Perl, Zend, Ioncube, Ruby, Pear, Python, cUrl, GD2, Serverside includes, ImageMagick, Zend & More!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by serversguy View Post

is it ok to try such host, moreover I heard that popular web host are burdened with allot of sites so they do not provide performance
    I do not think poplair hosts are burdened with al lot of sites; they could simply add more servers without to worry about the costs of such a server.

Al though if you like to have some more personal support you might be better of with a smaller host.

But what makes someone a popular or unkown host ?

I would rather go and try to find reviews of a host, instead searching for a host nobody did hear about; chances are big you run into a kiddie host during this time of year (holiday season).
      0 Not allowed!

guy who recommended me is very happy with ***********.com I want to know if there is any one who has experienced this host.

thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Never heard of them unfortunately. However, more often than not the best advice of a web hosting provider is from people who have first hands experience with them. If the person who recommended them to you have had good experiences with them then it's likely you will too.
      0 Not allowed!

You posted a glowing review on digg.com yesterday. How is it that you're here now asking if the host is good or not?

http://digg.com/business_finance/sav...et_performance

If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

guy who recommended me is very happy with ***********.com I want to know if there is any one who has experienced this host.

thanks
    Well, if you lookup the whois for ***********.com it was registered on 2009-08-04, so unless they changed domains/company names...they have no history for anyone to talk about.
      0 Not allowed!

Something fishy is going on...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    You posted a glowing review on digg.com yesterday. How is it that you're here now asking if the host is good or not?

http://digg.com/business_finance/sav...et_performance

Lol!!! Would like to hear from OP on this..
      0 Not allowed!

I would say going with a new host isn't a bad thing its easy enough to backup your website on occasions and if it falls through well be glad you have recent update and your paying per month!
      0 Not allowed!

Reading the past entries; i read back what i wrote .... and started laughing. dunno why

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    I would rather go and try to find reviews of a host, instead searching for a host nobody did hear about; chances are big you run into a kiddie host during this time of year (holiday season).
      0 Not allowed!

Very strange, assuming this isnt a guy trying to plug his own company which it certainly looks like... People have to start somewhere, speak to a potential host before you sign up - test their support, does their site load fast? Do they have a contact phone number on their website?

These are all things you should look at before selecting a provider, get to know them before jumping in at the deep end and signing up!
      0 Not allowed!

very sad ppl,
    I really liked them, but before launching number of sites with them I just wanted to confirm from other audience too, if some one already have experience with ***********.
    but it looks allot of ppl sitting here WHT are running hosting companies and they dont want newbie to come and compete. they are new I knew that already! you ppl didnt discuss on arvixe instead doing fishy talking dono why?
    be positive in reviews and guide ppl right!
    after launching my sites I will definately write review for them so ppl find some good quality host instead of marketers with no performance
      0 Not allowed!

None of that explains why you wrote a positive review for this host yesterday on a different site. Is this your company?
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

very sad ppl,
    I really liked them, but before launching number of sites with them I just wanted to confirm from other audience too, if some one already have experience with ***********.
    but it looks allot of ppl sitting here WHT are running hosting companies and they dont want newbie to come and compete. they are new I knew that already! you ppl didnt discuss on arvixe instead doing fishy talking dono why?
    be positive in reviews and guide ppl right!
    after launching my sites I will definately write review for them so ppl find some good quality host instead of marketers with no performance
    The domain was registered 3 weeks ago, which has almost zero credibility. However if it had come from a previously established company then it would hold some weight. As for arvixe, nobody bothered because they seem vastly more legit as a provider. So naturally the focus became the site that looks like a make a quick dollar scam.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

I have a feeling that thread will end up locked.
      0 Not allowed!

Lol! I think that answers any of our questions
      0 Not allowed!

If somebody is going to write a post to attract attention to their own company the least they could do is use a different username than one that they use to actually promote their company elsewhere.

On that note .... /subscribes
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

Some times it can be a pain and sometimes it can all work out good.

Why is it good?

Maybe they have a good promo going on and there servers are good after all.

Why Not?

They might shut down or go out of business. Because they aren't making enought money.

There are many more other reasons why and why not to also you would need to check into it.
      0 Not allowed!

/\ I'm hoping you go back and read all the posts

Still useful, but still a good read.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ToNeZ View Post
    Some times it can be a pain and sometimes it can all work out good.

Why is it good?

Maybe they have a good promo going on and there servers are good after all.

Why Not?

They might shut down or go out of business. Because they aren't making enought money.

There are many more other reasons why and why not to also you would need to check into it.
    Usually people that will go out of their way to violate WHT rules aren't the most ethical/reliable sort and I am just speaking from experience of being on this forum for a while now.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

For smaller less advertised companies can be good or bad. Test their support first and foremost. If they respond both a in a quick manner and with some complete answers, pretty good chance they are a good company! Do as much research as possible! Good luck!
    The Web Hosting Network
    Innovative Hosting Solutions Personal Support & Sales
    Superior Web Site Hosting Since 1999
      0 Not allowed!

Shameless self promo?

Anyways, I would say it's fine to buy from a new host but you wouldn't want to shell out an annual payment at first. Maybe go monthly for one of their lower packages and see if they offer some kind of 7-14 day money back guarantee.

Test out their staff too. If it's a host in the English language make sure you can understand the support staff and it's not broken English. Also, do they know their stuff? Ask them a couple simple questions.

What is the difference between guaranteed and burstable RAM?
    What PHP version are you using? (Shouldn't take longer than 1 min to answer)
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org
      0 Not allowed!

If you want to try a smaller host, see if they offer trials, then you test their services. If not, then maybe stay away or look for reviews about them to see what other people think of them. Everyone has to start somewhere so you might aswell give them a chance.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    (Shouldn't take longer than 1 min to answer)
    Its all very well saying that, but for some of us who run it by our selfs, Its hard to respond in 1 min.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jwebhost View Post
    Its all very well saying that, but for some of us who run it by our selfs, Its hard to respond in 1 min.
    Agreed, one hour is good, 30 minutes is great, 15 minutes or less is spectacular!

Try doteasy on for size, avg response is 24 hours! Years back before my hosting days I would recommend them, man I feel bad now. Their uptime was good though...

That being said, generally 15 minutes here depending on whats going on. But never over an hour, that would be bad because I have a blackberry.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jwebhost View Post
    I meant to say if this is in live chat.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    I meant to say if this is in live chat.
    Well that makes more sense then.
      0 Not allowed!