Geekstorage.com Review!

Alright, this is my first time posting a review, but i feel somewhat obligated

A few months back i started up a VPS with geekstorage.com based off of a deal i saw in the VPS offers forum. I figured it would be a run-by-night thing, a temp host until i could afford a decent one, as i thought the price was a little too good to be true...

Well, i was wrong.

geekstorage.com has blown my mind in terms of a hosting provider. Previously, i had used zzhosting.com, and the entire experience was horrid, and expected the same from geekstorage, as the prices are relatively the same.

However, geekstorage was always super-fast in responding to my trouble tickets (few that they may be), never became condensending in the stupidist of questions (Sorry guys I suck at server managment). However, alot of hosts are like that, so let me tell you why IMHO geekstorage.com is the hosting providor to use:

I payed for my first month with a discount, and the rest on a CC. The next month i used a newly opened and verified paypal account that was shared between myself and a friend (the bank account was in both our names as a business venture). I had made a few other purchases shortly after (some web-based software, advertising, ect), and paypal flagged the account due to large payments being sent (despite it being instant payment VIA credit card.... and not being past my monthly limit). Paypal eventually thought everything was fraudulent and reversed the funds even after taking them out of the account. Obviously, geekstorage was not amused. They terminated the account due to the zero-tolerance chargeback policy.

I explained my situation to them, and they were very reluctant to take me back, but advised that i had to setup my own paypal account in my name. Suffice to say i payed with a credit card for my remaining time there.

That, and what's coming is why i will definatly be going back with geekstorage in the future when funds permit. They basically took a chance on me, despite what looks like fraud on their end, and allowed me to continue developing my applications for Myspace/bebo/facebook.

However, when i let the server lapse due to me not being able to pay, i lost all my work sadly, as it was on the server and i was stupid and dident make a backup.

Two days ago, after shooting off a support ticket, they backed up my server, and i downloaded all 300mb worth of files, without being charged a premium for it.

So if you are looking for a reliable host that takes both business and consumer interestes to heart, i highly suggest geekstorage.

For reference, I hosted the following domains on their servers:
    violent-piranha.com
    animud.com
    itsoverninethousand.com

Thanks for Your Review
    keep us updated
    Webgater.CoM - Cheap FullyManged Unmetered VPS , Master Reseller ,
    Reseller and Webhosting.
    Tomer A

Very impressive review, thanks for sharing and definitely post an updated review in the future!

Cheers
    █• CirtexHosting • Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    █• LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    █• HostV VPS • Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    █• We transfer your sites over quickly! • I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by AniMud View Post
    Alright, this is my first time posting a review, but i feel somewhat obligated

A few months back i started up a VPS with geekstorage.com based off of a deal i saw in the VPS offers forum. I figured it would be a run-by-night thing, a temp host until i could afford a decent one, as i thought the price was a little too good to be true...

Well, i was wrong.

geekstorage.com has blown my mind in terms of a hosting provider. Previously, i had used zzhosting.com, and the entire experience was horrid, and expected the same from geekstorage, as the prices are relatively the same.

However, geekstorage was always super-fast in responding to my trouble tickets (few that they may be), never became condensending in the stupidist of questions (Sorry guys I suck at server managment). However, alot of hosts are like that, so let me tell you why IMHO geekstorage.com is the hosting providor to use:

I payed for my first month with a discount, and the rest on a CC. The next month i used a newly opened and verified paypal account that was shared between myself and a friend (the bank account was in both our names as a business venture). I had made a few other purchases shortly after (some web-based software, advertising, ect), and paypal flagged the account due to large payments being sent (despite it being instant payment VIA credit card.... and not being past my monthly limit). Paypal eventually thought everything was fraudulent and reversed the funds even after taking them out of the account. Obviously, geekstorage was not amused. They terminated the account due to the zero-tolerance chargeback policy.

I explained my situation to them, and they were very reluctant to take me back, but advised that i had to setup my own paypal account in my name. Suffice to say i payed with a credit card for my remaining time there.

That, and what's coming is why i will definatly be going back with geekstorage in the future when funds permit. They basically took a chance on me, despite what looks like fraud on their end, and allowed me to continue developing my applications for Myspace/bebo/facebook.

However, when i let the server lapse due to me not being able to pay, i lost all my work sadly, as it was on the server and i was stupid and dident make a backup.

Two days ago, after shooting off a support ticket, they backed up my server, and i downloaded all 300mb worth of files, without being charged a premium for it.

So if you are looking for a reliable host that takes both business and consumer interestes to heart, i highly suggest geekstorage.

For reference, I hosted the following domains on their servers:
    violent-piranha.com
    animud.com
    itsoverninethousand.com
    Totaly agree with you mate

I had a VPS with them while back and they were brill (Y) well worth the money!

- Many Thanks,

Thanks for taking the time to post your experience! Glad to see GS going above and beyond for you. Good luck to you.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on geekstorage with us. Always nice to see happy customers. And keep us updated in future.

Good review

Glad to see happy review of the customer. Thanks for sharing with all.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

Delightful review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please keep us updated on WHT in regards to the company. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Great review; Always good to hear of good service from a provider. Keep us updated in case they change. Hope you go well with them in the future.