Why Some People Should Never Be Allowed To Travel

1. I had someone ask for an aisle seats so that his or her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window.

2. A client called in inquiring about a package to Hawaii. After going over all the cost info, she asked, "Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii?"

3. I got a call from a woman who wanted to go to Capetown. I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information when she interrupted me with "I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Capetown is in Massachusetts. "Without trying to make her look like the stupid one, I calmly explained, "Capecod is in Massachusetts, Capetown is in Africa." Her response ... click.

4. A man called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state."

5. I got a call from a man who asked, "Is it possible to see England from Canada?" I said, "No." He said "But they look so close on the map."

6. Another man called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. When I pulled up the reservation, I noticed he had a 1-hour lay over in Dallas. When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport, and I need a car to drive between the gates to save time."

7. A nice lady just called. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20am and got into Chicago at 8:33am. I tried to explain that Michigan was an hour ahead of llinois, but she could not understand the concept of time zones. Finally I told her the plane went very fast, and she bought that!

8. A woman called and asked, "Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know who's luggage belongs to who?" I said, "No, why do you ask?" She replied, "Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said FAT, and I'm overweight, is there any connection?" After putting her on hold for a minute while I "looked into it" (I was actually laughing) I came back and explained the city code for Fresno is FAT, and that the airline was just putting a destination tag on her luggage.

9. I just got off the phone with a man who asked, "How do I know which plane to get on?" I asked him what exactly he meant, which he replied, "I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these darn planes have numbers on them."

10. A woman called and said, "I need to fly to Pepsi-cola on one of those computer planes." I asked if she meant to fly to Pensacola on a commuter plane. She said, "Yeah, whatever."

11. A businessman called and had a question about the documents he needed in order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded him he needed a visa. "Oh no I don't, I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those." I double checked and sure enough, his stay required a visa. When I told him this he said, "Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express."

12. A woman called to make reservations, "I want to go from Chicago to Hippopotamus, New York" The agent was at a loss for words. Finally, the agent: "Are you sure that's the name of the town?" "Yes, what flights do you have?" replied the customer. After some searching, the agent came back with, "I'm sorry, ma'am, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a Hippopotamus anywhere." The customer retorted, "Oh don't be silly. Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!" The agent scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, "You don't mean Buffalo, do you?" "That's it! I knew it was a big animal!"

Those are great! Although you could probably put something like that together for just about any nation
    Alasdair

lol... Not all of America is bright. You will hit some "challanged" people in every country. I don't think it is right to judge a whole country on a few individuals you've spoken to.

Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    lol... Not all of America is bright. You will hit some "challanged" people in every country. I don't think it is right to judge a whole country on a few individuals you've spoken to.
    That is true but generally Americans have less knowledge/awareness of what is going on around the world which affects things.

I still do not understand how people are this stupid when it comes to maps though lol.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Hence why I don't work for AAA.

Probably be older people that do that though.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon View Post
    you could probably put something like that together for just about any nation
    Now that the title has been edited, it is simply a collection of funny stories that could be about people from anywhere.

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by writespeak View Post
    Now that the title has been edited, it is simply a collection of funny stories that could be about people from anywhere.

Lois
    Cool... yeah it makes much better.... as it may hurt some..

Thanks.

Those are just plain silly Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    1. Another man called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. When I pulled up the reservation, I noticed he had a 1-hour lay over in Dallas. When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport, and I need a car to drive between the gates to save time."
    This one rings a bit too close to home.

When I was leaving DC after HostingCon I had a 1 hour layover in Dallas. We were met at the gate by a lady who then drove us in one of those electric carts to our next gate (I assumed that was a benefit of American Airlines First class).

That airport is massive, we were driving for what seemed like an eternity.

Wouldn't have been that fun if we had to get ourselves between gates. Even though we were driven we still didn't have that much time between flights

Oh and funny list

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    That is true but generally Americans have less knowledge/awareness of what is going on around the world which affects things.
    . . . .
    ☆☆☆ Miss Names - Cool domain names for sale! - MissNames.com☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Find a new pet for your home ... Find a new home for your pet - WeGotPets.com☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by shaunewing View Post

When I was leaving DC after HostingCon I had a 1 hour layover in Dallas. We were met at the gate by a lady who then drove us in one of those electric carts to our next gate (I assumed that was a benefit of American Airlines First class).

Wouldn't have been that fun if we had to get ourselves between gates. Even though we were driven we still didn't have that much time between flights

Oh and funny list
    I was in Dallas a few weeks ago for a layover, they do that for anyone.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

Fancy stuff man.. I'll plan a layover in Dallas just for that reason haha..

Quote Originally Posted by GORF View Post
    . . . .
    i love you to sweet cheeks

A good laugh before bed - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    It affects nothing. When will you learn, anything outside of America is useless to us. [/joke]
    I use GeekStorage for all my hosting needs. They truly are the best.

A presentation without a demonstration is just a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyT View Post
    It affects nothing. When will you learn, anything outside of America is useless to us. [/joke]
    lol. I never finished what I was saying so it sounds kind of stupid.

I was thinking about the title for a second 'Why Some People Should Never Be Allowed To Travel.'

I think some people fall into the 'some people should never be allowed to reproduce' category as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    I was thinking about the title for a second 'Why Some People Should Never Be Allowed To Travel.'

I think some people fall into the 'some people should never be allowed to reproduce' category as well.
    LOL!

That topic was awesome .. reminds me of some weird people I know

Quote Originally Posted by shaunewing View Post

Oh and funny list
    I have done that as well with Delta airlines. They drove us on a little golf cart type deal, the next time I flew I just walked, and it cut like 15-20 minutes off my travel time.

LAX is the WORST airport when it comes to where you are at in comparison to where you are going.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettReardon View Post
    I have done that as well with Delta airlines. They drove us on a little golf cart type deal, the next time I flew I just walked, and it cut like 15-20 minutes off my travel time.

LAX is the WORST airport when it comes to where you are at in comparison to where you are going.
    I disagree. I went to Phoenix international. HOLY CRAP! It seriously took about 18 minutes to get from where I got off the plane to the next plane, and thats with running on the moving walkways doubling my speed. Not only that, but we got there late, so when I finally got to the plane, it was after the final boarding call, so I was almost too late. As soon as I walked in they shut the door.

I disagree. I went to Phoenix international. HOLY CRAP! It seriously took about 18 minutes to get from where I got off the plane to the next plane, and thats with running on the moving walkways doubling my speed. Not only that, but we got there late, so when I finally got to the plane, it was after the final boarding call, so I was almost too late. As soon as I walked in they shut the door.
    At LAX, it took me 20 minutes to get from a American Airlines flight to a Dleta flight. It was INSANE! The worst airport security wise in my opinion is St Louis, each terminal has a security check point.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettReardon View Post
    At LAX, it took me 20 minutes to get from a American Airlines flight to a Dleta flight. It was INSANE! The worst airport security wise in my opinion is St Louis, each terminal has a security check point.
    LAX is smaller isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Another man called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. When I pulled up the reservation, I noticed he had a 1-hour lay over in Dallas. When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport, and I need a car to drive between the gates to save time."
    Haha, so great. Heh, I couldnt wait to quote this... then I continued to read the thread...and it looks like it definitely hit home with a few people.

Heh, DFW is so large, that I often drive right through it to get to something on the other side (as opposed to avoiding the airport bc of traffic).
    Machen N. Mathews - Limestone Networks - Business Development
    Cloud - Enterprise & Dedicated Hosting - Resell Dedicated Servers
    DDoS Protected - @LimestoneInc - 877.586.0555 x112
    Bitcoin? Coffee? Yes.

The American Express one was pretty funny...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

LAX is smaller isn't it?
    I am not 100% sure which is bigger.