Question are you sponsoring someone?

Hello,

I was wondering what web host look for when they sponsor someone say web hosting or a dedicated server?

We sponsor charities mostly, those in need with no real budget, or causes we agree with like Habitat for Humanity or no-kill Animal Shelters.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    We sponsor charities mostly, those in need with no real budget, or causes we agree with like Habitat for Humanity or no-kill Animal Shelters.
    As all should do ; although they all would need to show some proof they are the real thing
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    As all should do ; although they all would need to show some proof they are the real thing
    Perhaps the fact they'd have a charity website up may give some kind of indication hehe
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

Quote Originally Posted by MediaFireBrand View Post
    Perhaps the fact they'd have a charity website up may give some kind of indication hehe
    Guess you are being sarcastic here; but after answering a lot of applications of youth wanting to host their game related games for free you get a bit careful with trusting everyone

Any charity has to be registered as well; and not with every charity i would agree on to sponsor.

Obviously charities and people in need can get sponsored. Unless it's going to get me far more traffic, sponsoring anything else isnt worth it.

Charities, Churches, things like that are really the only type of sponsorship we've ever done.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Not yet, but will do in future.

We sponsor registered charities and open source projects. They have to prove their status though.

Open source software and community projects are the easiest to get sponsorship for.

For instance we're sponsoring dexonline.ro. Which is a community project and open source software at the same time. It is a Romanian-to-Romanian dictionary with over 370 000 (!) word definitions.

It is a tremendous amount of work that has been put into this project.
    Initial database was filled in by hand (!) by volunteers. They're now scanning text and using OCR. It also has an open source smart software behind it written in C for performance with custom Mysql module.
    I'm impressed every time I think about this project and the invaluable contribution it has to the on-line Romanian community.

It has become THE online Romanian dictionary.
    And there's no commercial endeavor behind it. 100% free and open source.

What projects don't get sponsored? The requests that start with "I reprezent the XYZ CLAN and ..." .

We sponsor gaming communities with web space for their websites and forums.

We haven't sponsored anyone with a dedicated server however.

We aren't sponsoring anybody yet but we are happy to sponsor non-profit organisations.

Barak Hosting supports numerous charitable entities across many spectrum's

It really is a pleasure to do so
    Barak Hosting
    http://barakhosting.com
    Shared, VPS & Dedicated Hosting - Lunatic Support is what sets us apart

In addition to hosting local charities, we actually go out and participate in local charitable/chamber events. Ongoing one of our own is trail building and maintenance and leading Los Angeles inner city kids on local hikes.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Yep, we sponsor charities and other such websites.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

same here as most others - charities and we host a few local kids things. for example, there is a football league ran for elementary school students not too far from here - stuff like that

feels good - and they don't usually ask for a lot of space - We've never sponsored anyone for traffic or anything like that, usually those people can get greedy.

Charities and non-profit organizations will always be welcome with us.

We are going to be sponsoring a school racing project, where they build racers out of balsawood. free domain name and hosting. www.mach1f1.co.uk unfortunatly they broke up for summer before putting any content up.
    Studyhost - Simple Web Hosting Solutions
    UK and USA cPanel Web Hosting
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Visit us at: studyhost.net

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    Guess you are being sarcastic here; but after answering a lot of applications of youth wanting to host their game related games for free you get a bit careful with trusting everyone

Any charity has to be registered as well; and not with every charity i would agree on to sponsor.

That I was my friend, that I was

Yeah gotta be careful. Another thing I've seen before is fake charities (who actually collect donations for a fake cause) having been sponsored by reputable hosts!

Not great when the police contact you for registration information and ask why you didn't request a registered charity number. It's quite sick to think people would stoop so low to do that, but it happens
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

Quote Originally Posted by MediaFireBrand View Post
    It's quite sick to think people would stoop so low to do that, but it happens
    Yes, you are right; every time there is a big disaster in the world you will see the next day emails from scammers going around to 'collect' money for their cause.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

We have sponsored this Ayudham Society for Old & Infirm since 2006 free hosting and site made. Recently we have also sponsored two other NGO charities for which sites are being developed.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Hello,
    We do sponsor several websites including;

• 1 Church
    • 2 Non-Profit Community-Aid
    • 5 OpenSource Projects
    • 13 Small Web Centric Blogs - Owned by Younger Kids because we like to teach young adults business skills. (We require proof that they are in a business development class)

Sponsorship is important to any developing host as it helps to get the name out.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Talking

I think sponsoring gaming communities sound interesting.

Tell me would you sponsor non-profit organization that gets 8oo,ooo dollers from your goverment?

Quote Originally Posted by csrush View Post
    I think sponsoring gaming communities sound interesting.

Tell me would you sponsor non-profit organization that gets 8oo,ooo dollers from your goverment?
    Hello,
    It all depends on where that $800,000 goes. If that money goes back to the community or to community events, then YES.

If that money goes to pay their management an extremely massive wage, then NO.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Unhappy

The one that I'am thinking about pays there staff sixty to eighty thousand dollers a year, thats on record. I'am wondering how its consider charity?Lol!