Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    thatgamerguy Guest
    Have a prepaid annual account with them - site went down apparently, and was maybe restored - not sure. Now GD libraries are not working. I thought they were part of PHP4 and 5....
    My initial account didnt have the libraries activated, they had to create a new account for me on a server that had them running. Now we're back to square one.
    Contacted support over 12 hours ago with no response.
    Very discouraged...
    johnstaton.com

I tried with them for a month...
    This guy is not honest.
    Had a lot of problems.
    Now I think he has changed to another name. The new site's design is almost identical with ideastack's one!

thatgamerguy Guest
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Definitely getting a bad taste in my mouth about this company. At first it seemed like a great deal - but when something as basic as GD libraries are activated, to me, theres something wrong.
    I had to use this forum as a venue for voicing my concerns previously to get that problem fixed. And now it's happened again.
    So it's time to cut my losses and move on. It's a shame really - not only will I have to move my personal site but I have around a dozen other real estate sites I was building out to their servers.
    Ideastack - wanna give me a refund for my trouble?

You paid annually? Next time, just pay monthly so you can just move if there is something wrong...
    Hope you can get your money. The only way is to contact them for this.

Have you still not received a reply?

thatgamerguy Guest
    Finally received a reply that suggested I try to make it work via php sue but it wont - it requires GD. I replied back to this and havent received a response.
    The thing is - this was fixed before and was working...now its not.

dado023 Guest
    my experience with ideastack:
    i requested from ideastack trial account, and after few days i got a response(slow if you ask me), the first thing i did i installed joomla(manual, not fantastico),......and that was enough for me, since their server wasn't joomla compatible(permission conflicts).....
    cheers

We would like to apologize for the trouble for all those who want a refund can mail me on refunds@ideastack.com we will process them For those that do not want a refund and were facing a problem with our hosting we would like to give them a free dedicated ip please mail me to bhavin@ideastack.com aloung with the domain name i will add the dedicated ip
    For the GD Library we have installed it the trouble was our servers were facing attack so we installed a number of security features and apache was rebuild so GD library was left of we are commited to help you if you do not Recieve a response please mail me direcly at bhavin@ideastack.com i will get all your issues resolved
    Regarding Frantastico we have installed installatron that similar to Frantastico
    GD Library
    GD Support enabled
    GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
    PHP INFO OF THE Server
    http://cheaphostingplan.in/pinfo.php

Wow, so you manage to answer the issues here but not my tickets.
    Mr.Ideastack, would you please tell me why my reseller account is now unreachable since I opened several tickets regarding my two(2) reseller accounts????.
    Tickets remained unanswered till this day.... I ordered and paid annually both of them and the 2nd account paid on the 12 of January is still not available till now.
    My request on the 2nd account was simple..........change the IP since you assigned the same IP as the first one, but you totally disable that account........check invoice 1085.............
    As of this writing I do not have access to the 2 accounts.............
    What is going on..............

hi,
    Both your domains are working all your support tickets have been answered when ip is chaged it takes 2 hours for the dns to resolve we have reset your password and Details have been mailed to you

Have a prepaid annual account with them - site went down apparently, and was maybe restored - not sure. Now GD libraries are not working. I thought they were part of PHP4 and 5....
    My initial account didnt have the libraries activated, they had to create a new account for me on a server that had them running. Now we're back to square one.
    Very discouraged...
    johnstaton.com
    That host does not seem like they really know what they are doing.

Hi,
    We have tried to solve all issues.We feel without using our service and saying that "we do not know what we do" is harsh i would request all those who has posted there issues here to post a reply as to the steps taken by our end.We would like to know if you are satisfied or not

Beware: Past experiences with this host was aweful. Multiple support tickets never answered.

Advertises 99.5% update, but only gets 98% and less uptime. Hosting is down at least twice a month for upwards of 5 hours at a time.

They just start new threads, ignoring all the customers complaints and not addressing them.

If you ask for refund, they just say no and leave the chat, then banned you to livechat with them.

horrible, stay away.

People! can you believe a 2 days downtime!
    really horrible, i'm looking for a reseller with same prices of that ideastack aka cpanelwebhosting.in
    I'm feeling down really for getting my sites down for 2 days without any response to my emails or tickets or even phone calls

People! can you believe a 2 days downtime!
    really horrible, i'm looking for a reseller with same prices of that ideastack aka cpanelwebhosting.in
    Not to rub salt in the wound, but did you consider the prices you want to pay is where the problem is? If you go to another host with these prices...you'd probably find a repeat of what you are experiencing.

it was not a 2 days Down time we has asked DC for HDD upgrade the DC took 11 Hours for HDD upgrade it was a planed upgrade and we had writen the time of Down time of 4 Hours After Checking the DCS SLA but they had some problems with it

<snipped>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 06-12-2009 at 09:57 PM.

ok... here's my 2 cents:
    i have a reseller account with ideastack besides one qith 1and1 and i'm very happy with them. i only had 2 issues with ideastack, i mean the same thing happend twice: my login details were reset for some reason. first time it only took 1 minute to be solved (and i'm not joking!) and second time took about 16 hours, but it got solved. 2 days downtime i never experienced so far.
    1 minute fast Photoshop.

I'd like to install a very simply wordpress on my account.

Installatron doasn't work. Another script installer doasn't work.
    I can't upload manually all the files 'cause I got an error from server.
    When I got no errors, I can upload 4 files, then 60 sec delay.
    2 hours are really too much (IMHO) for a wordpress installation

really bad ping, the online helpdesk doasn't exist.
    2 emails, no answers (in 10 days...).

My fault, next time I'll change hosting and I don't pre-pay a 1 year plan :/

installthron Issue is resolved
    we do not moniter emails i would request you to open tickets for issue
    if you wish to get a refund just PM me we do not want Un Happy Clients
    also FTP issue was due to crontab in the Openvz server being full so there was some packet loss which was also resolved

Hi,

I have an account w/ ideastack last time and he advise that he maintained the server but unfortunately, he's a reseller and have a master reseller account with other company. I cancel our account w/ them.

Here's the details of my account cancellation.
    -----------------------------------
    Cancellation Details
    -----------------------------------
    Cancellation Date: 19-Nov-2008
    Subscription Name: IdeaStack - Invoice #901
    Subscription Number: S-1FY38291YK8957501

Just to keep up this thread, they have not gotten any better! I have an account, I guess, but since I cannot access the cpanel or the ftp server, all my site has is an index page listing the cgi-bin directory. Not very useful. Tech support is slow, and they have no clue, can't/won't fix the problem. I have many websittes on other servers, was trying them out, not good, terrible. They refuse to refund my money even though the site cannot be even started.

I would highly recommend choosing a different host as I feel completely ripped off!

Oh, and don't bother tring the email addresses listed earlier in this thread to request a refund, they don't work either.

Hi,

I use Idea-stack for my personal website... I'm happy with there service I admit there are some problems that put a small downer on the business but there price well and truly makes up for the slower support and occasional downtime.

I will use the report button to report my domain.

Well, after a couple days of downtime we reached a resolution... I moved to a new host! I did get my money back after about 10 requests, so all it cost was time and frustration. They never could fix the simplest issue. Again, I would recommend you don't waste time or money on it.

thanks josh for supporting us
    The customer had bough the account used it for 2 month and then forgot the password he paced in a reset request which was done but for 5 wrong password attempts his ip was blocked .he gave the ip after much reluctance and then posted this review in WHT we have 14 days money back guarantee but we really do not want un happy customers we have given him a refund and now we are extending the refund to anytime prorated refund even after 14 days
    IdeaStack Cheap vps in india and USA

Now see, why lie? That just makes it worse....

I did not "use" anything, there was never a site put up because I could not get in to put one up. And you never fixed it. Period. Thats the truth.

Again, especially after this BS, I would avoid these guys like the plague! Read their poor reviews here and on other review sites. Do you think it is us bad customers or their lousy service? You read, you decide, you have my opinion.

Want a good low cost host? I use Turtle Hosting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast