Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone who wants to cancel their Just Host account

Instead of doing what they say, and email them to cancel - do it instantly via this link

http://cancel.justhost.com/

I just googled cancel just host and that came up - good news if you want it done instantly

Thanks for sharing that link. Why do you want to cancel your account?

Quote Originally Posted by hostbite View Post
    Thanks for sharing that link. Why do you want to cancel your account?
    because it's awful

my site has been down about 5 times since i joined 3 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by DomainProblem View Post
    because it's awful

Hmm, today I was thinking what is their marketing strategy because they gained over 50.000 clients for less than a year + they are awful.

So, your purpose to provide the link is to encourage justhost clients to cancel? or just getting hot?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Hmm, today I was thinking what is their marketing strategy because they gained over 50.000 clients for less than a year + they are awful.
    I was duped into it because on the official wordpress site, on their suggested hosts - which is a bummer

I was duped into it because on the official wordpress site, on their suggested hosts - which is a bummer

Affiliates Just look at the links on wordpress hosting page.

What is their marketing strategy? They pay more for an affiliate sign-up than their competitors, that's their strategy.
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

Quote Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
    What is their marketing strategy? They pay more for an affiliate sign-up than their competitors, that's their strategy.
    they pay more on advertising than affiliating than keeping the server reliable by the looks of it

Which host are you moving over to? JustHost is terrible, I unfortunately had my fair share of them too
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

Quote Originally Posted by MediaFireBrand View Post
    Which host are you moving over to? JustHost is terrible, I unfortunately had my fair share of them too
    i've moved now EZPZ

even transferred my website to their host for me - just a case of waiting for the URL to propagate then I can get cracking

edit: i'm a graphic designer, and I have to say i like your logo work - very nice

Hey, thanks for the comments on my logo design

Glad to see you got sorted. I got messed about for years with hosting companies .. then I learnt the cold hard truth that cheap hosting is exactly what it says on the tin!
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

because it's awful

Seems like they have been having a lot of issues lately, just another point that overselling/unlimited hosting is not the best and you get what you pay for.

GigeWeb: Yep, and its what I say everytime I get a message or see a post that my services are "too expensive" and that I don't offer "unlimited". Overselling doesn't ever work in the long term, no matter how large your ad budget is.

Quote Originally Posted by ddontheweb View Post
    GigeWeb: Yep, and its what I say everytime I get a message or see a post that my services are "too expensive" and that I don't offer "unlimited". Overselling doesn't ever work in the long term, no matter how large your ad budget is.
    I know, the only host that I know of that does manage overselling pretty well is HostGator but I don't believe in overselling and therefore will never conduct in the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by GigeWeb View Post
    I know, the only host that I know of that does manage overselling pretty well is HostGator but I don't believe in overselling and therefore will never conduct in the practice.
    Overselling and server mis-management are two distinct issues however they tend to happen at the same time.

You can oversell like mad and provide a solid service or you could undersell and provide horrible service because the two (server management and overselling) aren't tied to each other.

It just depends on your business structure and how you choose to operate and what sort of clients you want to attract.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

At the end of the day if you do not offer a good product, no matter how large your marketing budget is, you will not be able to sustain yourself for the long run. If a host offers poor service but has a substantial marketing budget, they may still attract a large number of clients (especially considering how confusing this industry can be), but those clients are not going to be very happy, and eventually the bad reviews and reputation will greatly overshadow any amount of marketing budget, and the host will fail.

This thread is old but it is still coming up in page one of hits for JustHost and cancelled from the search engines and I have a bad experience to share about this company for anyone looking for web hosting stay away!

I have been with Justhost for over a year and have not been happy at all, problems with my emails getting to me amongst other issues. I had ironed everything out, or so it seemed, and decided since I had been with them I was going to use them for a reseller and upgraded to a reseller plan. I am not a company of any size I'm a budding freelance web designer and was wanting to offer hosting as well at this point and make a go.

Immediately I was unhappy and kicked myself in the butt for signing up. Their customer service is horrid and even though they have a 1-800 number you cannot do anything with your account except thru email, really??!!

Besides the condescending emails from several different staffers they genuinely seem to not care about the little guys out there like myself. When I changed over to the reseller program they parked a page on my domain that said "Account Suspended" instead of "Site Moved" or something more appropriate. I mean are you serious!? I am so appalled by this treatment I am literally livid.

Justhost comes up on many different web host rating sites at the top but I can only think these are spoofed statistics put in place by paid bloggers/marketers to boost their SEO placement and monopoly on the market. Also some of the other big web host companies have a look and feel that make me think there is a bigger monopoly happening and they are all sister companies of each other. I do believe that Bluehost and Host Monster for example are indeed just that.

In conclusion, don't cheap out too much on your web host and make the same mistakes we did! Find someone local maybe and be willing to pay a bit more. It will definitely pay for itself in the long run when you have to deal with JustHost, or affiliates, in the future.

So that said does anyone have some good info on reliable and quality hosting companies?? Especially ones that offer reseller plans for serious entrepreneurs? I'm about to just go back to GoDaddy. At least I can get someone on the phone when I really need it, and at least they have a name to uphold so if people complain it can effect their sales where JustHost can just ignore who they want and pay out big money for marketing washing out all the disappointed and disgusted customers they have stepped on over the years.

I'm still very much a novice on web hosts and any input for good places to go for hosting, East Coast US local would be even better, would be greatly appreciated. My ears are wide open.

WSX

I have not had any problems with just host yet, but if I do everybody will know.
    Stronger Host | Professional Web Hosting Services!
    Come Get A Stronger Host! StrongerHost.Com

Yes tell us. Don't keep it to your self shamelessly promote your own hosting company

Quote Originally Posted by Whitesphynx View Post
    Yes tell us. Don't keep it to your self shamelessly promote your own hosting company

Quote Originally Posted by GigeWeb View Post
    Overselling sometimes can attract a sort of beginners. But an expert who knows what is it always tries to stay away from it. And IMHO I personally do not believe it is possible to provide solid service when one is overselling heavily. But if you're estimated well and monitored closely, you may see an improved service like HG.
    ZINK HOST - Trusted and Reliable Web Hosting
    First-class Web Hosting with Cpanel, php 5.2.9, Softaculous with huge space/bandwidth
    Shared | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated | 100% Network Uptime | 24/7 Support
    Visit Us at: http://www.zinkhost.com | Twitter @zinkhost. Email: Sales[at]zinkhost.com

Yes I am a noob to hosting which is why I am asking and what I believe lead to being mistreated by JH. It's a shame because I am going to be selling hosts one way or another and they just lost my business, which I'm sure they don't care about because they are nazis, jk

So I see one vote for StrongerHost and at least one for HostGator. So should a noobie web service provider use HG for starts and see how it goes? I would love to find a local hosting company here in upstate NY and develop a relationship with, but my searches aren't pulling anything much up for options at least partly due to the fact that these monopoly hosting companies have the SEO on lock down. Also isn't HostGator sistered in with some of the others too? Their website looks so dam generic it gives me the impression I'd right back with another company just like JH.

I have all my domains thru GoDaddy and when I looked into their reseller package I honestly don't fully understand how it works. They give you a managed storefront, ecom site, and you sell hosts thru it. So that means I don't manage the hosts I guess? And then I'm guessing there is no profit margin done that way either although you are partnering with a huge and reputable company.

What other options do I have or can anyone give the name of a good web hosting company, with good rates, for the NE area of the US?
    I also want to offer green hosting for my package so if someone can give me a link to a great green reseller in the NE I will build you a free 1 page vanilla website with up to 5 words and no graphics! No but I would be most gracious and I'm sure the information would be extremely useful to anyone else out there in a similar situation as myself who really would love to find a great solution. There seems to be a large gap for solutions for small business owners that someone should fill!

Also isn't HostGator sistered in with some of the others too? Their website looks so dam generic it gives me the impression I'd right back with another company just like JH.
    They're a direct competitor of JH and similar hosts. I suppose they all do what works best for the market they operate in when it comes to their site's web design. Other than SEOhosting.com HG doesn't have sister hosts (brands that it owns) that I know of, though the owner personally does own or has stakes in other hosting companies.

JH is owned (for about a year now I think) by EIG (owners of some 20-30 hosting brands: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=755802). JH was even before that a "sister" of Hostclear and Supergreenhosting if memory serves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    JH is owned (for about a year now I think) by EIG (owners of some 20-30 hosting brands: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=755802). JH was even before that a "sister" of Hostclear and Supergreenhosting if memory serves me right.
    Yep, HostClear and SuperGreenHosting were owned by the same people who owned JustHost, now all of them are owned by Endurance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast