Web Hosting's impact on SEO

Hi friends I am going to build a new website which will be for Indian Audience basically. I am booking a domain of .In extn. but should I use a Indian web hosting company for web hosting or I should host my website on US servers? some one told me that hosting on Indian servers are very costly + thr is no quility hosting service provider in India.. please post your suggestions

I don't know of any large Indian hosts but don't see why there can't be a quality provider in India, are you looking for serving a global Indian audience or just India?

You can host in the US. If you're using a .in domain, the site will be considered as Indian, so you don't have to host it locally.

At least that's how things go with Google: http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=62399

Hosting location has little to no bearing on how the search engines will view your website - however, hosting location will have a bearing on your sites' visitors page-load times ... depending on how dynamic / graphic your websites' content is, and your end-user connection speeds, how fast or how slow a site loads will have an effect on this.

With regards to indian hosting companies - we have seen a number who offer hosting packages to the indian sub-continent client base, actually have servers located in the USA, however there are few who actually have their hosting platforms located in India.

The main idex which can impact SEO is web hosting uptime. Other doesn't really matter. You can work as local as worldwide but you need to have good uptime
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by cscarlet View Post
    I don't know of any large Indian hosts but don't see why there can't be a quality provider in India, are you looking for serving a global Indian audience or just India?
    it will be for Indian users only it wont target global indian visitors, which is the best and cheap hosting provider if you suggest hosting in us servers wont affect much my rankings

Quote Originally Posted by rohittripathi60 View Post
    it will be for Indian users only it wont target global indian visitors, which is the best and cheap hosting provider if you suggest hosting in us servers wont affect much my rankings
    In other words you need to have global web host. Well just look through US web hosts. I'm sure that would be the best and vise solution from you
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by rumsfo View Post
    In other words you need to have global web host. Well just look through US web hosts. I'm sure that would be the best and vise solution from you
    Thanks for your reply, the most difficult problem m facing currently is every domain booking and hosting service provider ask for credit card for payment which i dont have right now, I can pay by net banking but I am not bale to find any hosting and domain company which accepts payment by net banking also

There are many good hosting providers India. Contact a host nearby your town, so that you can pay direct cash.
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

Quote Originally Posted by assistanz247 View Post
    There are many good hosting providers India. Contact a host nearby your town, so that you can pay direct cash.
    could you name a few ? I live in Gurgaon near Delhi

I was about the explain something about the SEO and what's better for you, but saw that you were limited in payment options. SO the best you can do is to find any local web hosting provider. Try to find any Indian webmaster or hosting forums where members could recommend any web hosts.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    I was about the explain something about the SEO and what's better for you, but saw that you were limited in payment options. SO the best you can do is to find any local web hosting provider. Try to find any Indian webmaster or hosting forums where members could recommend any web hosts.
    Please explain about the seo impact

My advice would be to find a reliable host, no matter where they're located. If your website is down when google attempts to crawl your site, the impact will be far greater than anything geographical.
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by SSHocker View Post
    My advice would be to find a reliable host, no matter where they're located. If your website is down when google attempts to crawl your site, the impact will be far greater than anything geographical.
    Ok, as i said earlier its my first time and I dont know much about it,, who is the best hosting provider and not too much expensive also + how would i know that ki how much space I require? I'll have a website which will have 15-20 static pages+ forum+ blog, how much space do i need?

Well, the most powerful identification with any regional, national, local market is the content. So even if you are using Mexican TLD, but your website is in your national language, then it will be classified from SE as relevant to the local audience. The national TDL and IP from a local IP or a web host in the same region also work, but not as good as the content.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000

SEO and Geographical location have nothing to do with each other.
    However a Web Server wherever if Blacklisted as a Spammer will definitely affect your SEO.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post
    SEO and Geographical location have nothing to do with each other.
    Not in theory, but in terms of local SERP they do. Any website that is well optimized for the ,ocal market, provides substantial information for the appropriate target group of users and receives their appreciation (including a lot of traffic) get's high rank in the local search of the main SE.

I would rather give the content the most importance.
    Content relating to that region would distinguish it.
    Like Names, Language used and the content would push it up in the local search engine.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

Sure, I agree and that's was my point as well. Content first, but domain name is also important.

I'll have a website which will have 15-20 static pages+ forum+ blog, how much space do i need?
    The 20 static pages will probably require less than 2MB if the average page size is 100KB. With a newly installed forum software and a blog, let's approximate to 20MB total. As you'll easily find out, even the more expensive hosts will offer something like 500MB for $10. So with almost any hosting company chances are that you'll have more than enough space for quite a while. Things do change if you start putting big images on your site/blog/forum. They will take a lot of space, as will videos, mp3s etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    The 20 static pages will probably require less than 2MB if the average page size is 100KB. With a newly installed forum software and a blog, let's approximate to 20MB total. As you'll easily find out, even the more expensive hosts will offer something like 500MB for $10. So with almost any hosting company chances are that you'll have more than enough space for quite a while. Things do change if you start putting big images on your site/blog/forum. They will take a lot of space, as will videos, mp3s etc.
    Thanks for your kind reply, no one yet tell me about the best and not much expencive hosting service provider with good support

Quote Originally Posted by rohittripathi60 View Post
    Thanks for your kind reply, no one yet tell me about the best and not much expencive hosting service provider with good support
    There is no "best" hosting provider, only a provider that is best for you!

Read reviews, check the offers section, and use webhostingtalk.com to its fullest extent. It is the number one place to find a a great hosting provider (given you do your part, read reviews, be realistic with expectations, etc.)

some one from this forum offered me hosting and domain name his website is ttp://www.resellerclub.com/ shoud I buy my domain and hosting from this website? what is the differeence between reseller and direct seller?

It is recommended that you find a Indian based hosting provider to host your website since you are targeting Indian audience.
    If you cannot find one, you can register with a US based hosting provider and setup the geographical target of your website to India at Google Webmaster Tools. That might help your site targeting as well.
    Cheers!
    Roy
    ASP.NET Web Hosting with DotNetPanel and CMS.

If you are hosting your site in India it will load faster for the audience in India. The location of your ip address lets say if it is in India will be taken into consideration by google. Local language content is also considered as are other factors . Yes the hosting location has its impact too. Indian hosting is 3-5X faster than US hosting for Indian Audiences.
    WEBWERKS.IN
    India Based
    Colocation, Dedicated Servers, VPS and Webhosting
    High Speed Network. High Speed Ports. ISO 9001 and 27001 Certified India Datacenter - Need an Affordable India Based Hosting Solution?