Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,054

    Clients That Make Your Laugh

    Hello WHT Community.

    Have you ever had a Client that made you laugh so hard?


    I really never had one except a client that submited a support ticket ever 5 min. It was bad..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Langley, BC
    Posts
    2,046
    Client that post a video testimonial about your service on YouTube without being asked to made me laugh so hard
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    Quote Originally Posted by jrianto View Post
    Client that post a video testimonial about your service on YouTube without being asked to made me laugh so hard
    Link?

    Or it never happened!


    Actually, I'm curious to see, was it a good one?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,882
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post


    Actually, I'm curious to see, was it a good one?
    I too. If you have the link let us watch that.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    Or if you don't want it plastered on the board, fire over a PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    16,087
    I think posting the link to a client testimonial would somehow violate the WHT rules unfortunately so a PM is probably the best/only option
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    1,458
    I think it is extremely unprofessional to speak negatively, named or not, about any client in a public forum.

    Someone needing help is not funny and if you think it is then you do not have the professionalism necessary to run a service-based business.

    If someone repeatedly doesn't understand something about the service you provide it is your duty to a) educate them. b) brush up on your support skills because you are not explaining things in a manner they can understand.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by db09 View Post
    I think it is extremely unprofessional to speak negatively, named or not, about any client in a public forum.

    Someone needing help is not funny and if you think it is then you do not have the professionalism necessary to run a service-based business.

    If someone repeatedly doesn't understand something about the service you provide it is your duty to a) educate them. b) brush up on your support skills because you are not explaining things in a manner they can understand.
    Really?

    I have people I can explain things too over and over and over and over and over and over (you get my point), in the plainest English possible and they still dont get it, is that my fault?
    Darren Tod
    RPD Hosting

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by ToNeZ View Post
    I really never had one except a client that submited a support ticket ever 5 min. It was bad..
    Well that depends on why and what the submitted tickets were about. We have a few who do the same. Well, maybe not every 5 minutes but I would say a little too often. If a client needs help I wouldn't consider it a laughing matter to be honest.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    161
    if you own hosting company you will have to answer to support requests more often that is why you must make faqs section so your customers can get the answer for there questions

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,054
    He was sending in support tickets asking stupid questions such as like he would ask 3 times in a row can he use his bathroom it was more like a spam thing I didnt pay much mind to it a delete it it was like 2 days befor he had an invoice,

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by ToNeZ View Post
    He was sending in support tickets asking stupid questions such as like he would ask 3 times in a row can he use his bathroom
    that is kind of funny.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    61
    It was one of the first things I did starting a host: make a decent FAQ area that answers the basic stuff. That way, it avoids all of the obvious tickets and Live Chat contacts.

  14. #14
    Yeah i had one or more he thought that google is browser, so i was explaining the difference between google and IE for about 30 minutes
    And about 10 people asked me 10 minutes after they bought domain name why arent they first on google

  15. #15
    HAHA,

    reading your experiences really made me laugh hard..

    I guess we all should take the bright side of life...

    the one that makes me laugh the hardest was..when they confuse a whmcs and their cPanel, and quickly dispute on paypal, taking the effort to explain to paypal, that we were not legitimate because we use whmcs and not cPanel..

    ????? I see alot of host are "not legitimate" then because they use whmcs..

    OH and yeah there was one time, where a guy wrote us off as rip off stating that the only reason was that we are from Indonesia...

    whats up with that?? Racist, imperialist! LOL

    geez I cant stop laughing..
    Crayon Web Solutions
    WHMtutorial
    "Support and Serve"

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by crayonhost View Post
    HAHA,

    reading your experiences really made me laugh hard..

    I guess we all should take the bright side of life...

    the one that makes me laugh the hardest was..when they confuse a whmcs and their cPanel, and quickly dispute on paypal, taking the effort to explain to paypal, that we were not legitimate because we use whmcs and not cPanel..

    ????? I see alot of host are "not legitimate" then because they use whmcs..

    OH and yeah there was one time, where a guy wrote us off as rip off stating that the only reason was that we are from Indonesia...

    whats up with that?? Racist, imperialist! LOL

    geez I cant stop laughing..
    Lol I had someone call me a fraudster because they where trying to dial a number for help that he found on a tottally different website * news website * that never worked.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,599
    Something that made me laugh... Is I know a government site that is using "free" hosting... Its like there main site for there country...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    384
    One of my customer call me and ask, "May I change my monitor because MSN doesn't work on it"

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,599
    One of my customer call me and ask, "May I change my monitor because MSN doesn't work on it"
    Thats pretty awesome the question is what did you say after that...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    384
    I explain him how computer works and recommend him Antivirus. Don't know what happen after that.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    The most common stupidity I get goes something like this... the call gets transfered to me...

    Me: This is Robert, what did you break?
    Them: Haha. My email isnt working, I get an error when I try to check it.
    Me: Ok, bring up your browser and lets log you into web based email.
    Them: Browser?
    Me: Internet Explorer.
    Them: I cant. I dont have internet right now and am waiting for {insert ISP} to come fix it.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Here Today - Gone to Maui
    Posts
    6,262
    I think moreso than make you laugh, some clients just force you to shake your head in disbelief.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    190
    I had a potential client ask why we didn't offer unlimited space and/or bandwidth on any of our products. That was pretty funny.

    My favorite though are the clients that have been sent multiple notices, given 45 days to pay an outstanding balance and then when service is disconnected, all hell breaks loose.
    Mean Servers - Mean Business
    █ Denver & Los Angeles - Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Managed Services
    Mean Servers - www.MeanServers.com

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,599
    Given 45 days to pay an outstanding balance and then when service is disconnected, all hell breaks loose.
    Plain annoying...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    Quote Originally Posted by redrocksdatacenter View Post
    I had a potential client ask why we didn't offer unlimited space and/or bandwidth on any of our products. That was pretty funny.

    My favorite though are the clients that have been sent multiple notices, given 45 days to pay an outstanding balance and then when service is disconnected, all hell breaks loose.
    Both are clients you are better off without

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    190
    Exactly. Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking, if they even are. They are a minority but will always stick out like a sore thumb.
    Mean Servers - Mean Business
    █ Denver & Los Angeles - Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Managed Services
    Mean Servers - www.MeanServers.com

  27. #27
    I recently had one ask me what services I offered...through my website that listed my services...and even said they wanted to know about:

    updating an existing website to include mail list tracking, etc

    What is etc? They also failed to let me know what the website they were talking about was so there was no way for me to look at it to begin with.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,599
    I recently had one ask me what services I offered
    If they ask they kindly give them a link to your services page.
    They also failed to let me know what the website they were talking about
    I Guess you could of just asked ?
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by djsckizo View Post
    I recently had one ask me what services I offered...through my website that listed my services...and even said they wanted to know about:

    updating an existing website to include mail list tracking, etc

    What is etc? They also failed to let me know what the website they were talking about was so there was no way for me to look at it to begin with.
    It happens many time with myself, during rush hour many times I forgot where I call and to whom I want to talk.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA / UK
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    The most common stupidity I get goes something like this... the call gets transfered to me...

    Me: This is Robert, what did you break?
    Them: Haha. My email isnt working, I get an error when I try to check it.
    Me: Ok, bring up your browser and lets log you into web based email.
    Them: Browser?
    Me: Internet Explorer.
    Them: I cant. I dont have internet right now and am waiting for {insert ISP} to come fix it.
    It is for this reason that I don't support the ultimate n00bs and only offer advanced support / technical support for users with a clue.

    I have the greatest respect for those of you that put up with crap like this - I get to ignore them or say "I'm sorry, but we can't help you with that" - most of you unfortunately aren't able to do that

    .
    RAM Host -- Premium & Budget Linux Hosting From The USA & EU
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel CloudLinux Shared Hosting
    █ & Cheap Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by ramnet View Post
    It is for this reason that I don't support the ultimate n00bs and only offer advanced support / technical support for users with a clue.

    I have the greatest respect for those of you that put up with crap like this - I get to ignore them or say "I'm sorry, but we can't help you with that" - most of you unfortunately aren't able to do that

    .
    Most of our customers are doctors, lawyers, and government agencies.
    They pay a lot ($125/hr) for us to deal with their stu... umm, lack of computer knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. Some people make me laugh!!!
    By VanHost in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 04:39 PM
  2. Timing is EVERYTHING - this will make you laugh......
    By philofleeds in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 03:05 PM
  3. Always someone to make you laugh...
    By Mekhu in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 12:14 AM
  4. Smilies that make you laugh?
    By The Joker in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-08-2002, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •