Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    55

    dofollow blogs that allow comments

    I've been trying to find blogs that are even vaguely related to web hosting, domains, technology, computers, etc. I'm trying to do some link building through high PR blogs... Does anyone have any sources of suggestions?

    Thanks!
    Affordable, Hassle-Free Web Hosting - Rated Top Web Host of the year! All packages include Free Professional Website Builder!
    On Sale Now!
    Top Rated Web Hosting

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Thanks average guy, nice links

  4. #4
    Why waste your time? They are going to get spammed to death. Those that don't go no follow will eventually get devalued and if you do get a link you are going to have to replace it with more of the same. Why waste your time to start with? Rather spend the resources you have looking for "no follow" blogs in your particularly niche which do accept useful comments. But then again its each to his own.

    Are you not aware of the fact that there are free links directories which do list your submissions and which do exactly the same job for less effort? Thats what they are there for. They can and should soak up this demand for low value, high volume links. Why do you think they still work?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    16
    You can try comment kahuna software or fast blog finder or comment hut to get do follow blogs too.

  6. #6
    How does one read this question? Do follow blogs that will accept spam?

    Why on earth do you want to contribute to sites set up to receive spam? It does not make any sense at all? Blogs are only useful because of the content they carry. And if that function gets usurped and the site becomes a link dump, do you honestly believe that Google should or more importantly will use the links to dress their search results? Are they really that dumb?

    You are supposed to use Blogs as a community networking tool and if you don't understand this, you are going to kill the resource you are so eager to find. Rather use link directories. That's their function. They are a much better bet as long as you understand the limitations of the free for all sites.

    Lastly I use blog posting, rather than blog commenting, to deep link to my clients sites. But these are well thought out and relevant posts using original content. And they work like a dream. There is nothing to this other than common sense. It also depends on whether you are the sort that unloads on your first exposure or whether you are building for the future. It's all a matter of different strokes for different folks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    81
    Hi,

    Most of the comments have only nofollow link and you are not going any source from it.

  8. #8
    I just sent you a list of 100 do follow blogs. not sure if they are all relevant to what you want though.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

  9. #9
    Cubichost.org is comfortable with blog commenting as a link building tool?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    Cubichost.org is comfortable with blog commenting as a link building tool?

    Hence why I never said to post comments, I was merely providing him with a resource. He can do whatever he'd like with the list.

    Don't know why you are trying to call my company's image into question though.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

  11. #11
    Because I would start thinking DOS attacks and all sorts of other unpleasant remedies if one of my blogs was included in that list you are so gaily distributing to potential spammers. Nothing personal. I just thought you should be reminded that you are helping no one and that bad habits have a way of back firing.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    Because I would start thinking DOS attacks and allsorts of other unpleasant remedies if one of my blogs was included in that list you are so gaily distributing to potential spammers. Nothing personal. I just thought you should be reminded that you are helping no one and that bad habits have a way of back firing.
    I understand what you are saying. But I wouldn't say I am gaily distributing it. The OP is in fact the first person I ever distributed the list to on any forum. He didn't appeal to me as someone who would spam these blogs. But as per your account, I won't be distributing the list any more.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

  13. #13
    I disagree with rainchild. Not all dofollow blogs are full of spam. Comments can be moderated to make sure spam comments don't get through.

    And blog commenting is more effective than directories - and more fun.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt oven glove View Post
    I disagree with rainchild. Not all dofollow blogs are full of spam. Comments can be moderated to make sure spam comments don't get through.

    And blog commenting is more effective than directories - and more fun.
    Yh i agree with you, directory is waste of time and very less chance to get link juice from it. blog commenting is nice and some r passing some good link juice

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    The OP is in fact the first person I ever distributed the list to on any forum. He didn't appeal to me as someone who would spam these blogs.
    The OP is talking about high PR and link building in the same breath. He is obviously confused and the implication is that he is not looking for networking opportunities. Rather than looking for sites to which he can contribute and give to, he is on the take and his intentions are clear enough.

    But it's nothing out of the ordinary It's all perfectly normal and is generally accepted as the way one greases these wheels of commerce. Everyone seems to accept that anyone has the right to wee wee anywhere they want at anytime they want. This is the problem and if you really do want to be helpful why not refer him Digital Point together with a cautionary health warning?

    Quote Originally Posted by burnt oven glove View Post
    I disagree with rainchild. Not all do follow blogs are full of spam. Comments can be moderated to make sure spam comments don't get through.
    Have you ever been on the receiving end of those "nice post" comments. Who in their right mind is going to waste their time offering "do follow" comments once they get flooded by all the drivel you guys come up with?
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt oven glove View Post
    And blog commenting is more effective than directories - and more fun.
    And why do you say that? Because its easier to spam blogs? Because it's not so easy to get sites approved these days? Because directory owners have had a guts full of those who know no better. Directories work as well as they have ever worked. No change there.

  16. I see why you would share the list as a way of finding relevant Blogs which you can both contribute to and get relevant contextual links/traffic from.

    That being said 90% of people are going to abuse it.

  17. #17
    I added your blog to bookmarks. And i'll read your articles more often!
    Thank you! You often write very interesting articles. You improved my mood.
    Подскажите кто-нить, возможно ли сделать так, чтобы выложенный на сайте текст можно было читать, его бы видели роботы, но нельзя было бы скопировать.
    Valuable thoughts and advices. I read your topic with great interest.
    Регулярные выражения тебе в помощь.
    Некоторые редакторы позволяют в поиске и замене использовать регулярные выражения. Большие объёмы текста только так и обрабатываю, когда нужно сделать много однотипных изменений, поддающихся алгоритмизированию.
    I liked it. So much useful material. I read with great interest.
    Blogs that accept this sort of "content" from "contributors" are not going to last. If the owners are too stupid to understand that the alternative to spending hours and hours trashing this sort of drivel is the "no follow" option, the sites will eventually be devalued and trashed in turn.

    And poof there goes yet another resource. Silly isn't it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    And why do you say that? Because its easier to spam blogs? Because it's not so easy to get sites approved these days? Because directory owners have had a guts full of those who know no better. Directories work as well as they have ever worked. No change there.
    Directories are only getting worse if anything. First, Google penalized many large directories a year ago and removed the clause from their webmaster guide which supported using directory submissions.

    Second, most directories accept every submission. When I owned a web directory a large percentage of submissions were in the wrong category and even then, the sites were usually spam sites. How can a directory be effective if all these hundreds of spam sites are clouding natural links and not ones submitted by a bot? How can it be effective if sites are all in the wrong category? Or if a site is submitted to Entertainment instead Entertainment>Music>Music Lyrics. Many directories turn into link farms and it is no help for a site to have a backlink there.

    80% of all web directories out there are useless. They are owned by people just looking to make money off of featured links. Don't even waste your time submitting to them unless they are PR4 or greater. And even if a dir gets PR4, it will most likely drop off after unless they know how to run a directory.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    195
    Whether it's a blog (DoFollow or not) or a directory, PR is what matters to Google. The high PR sites are trusted most by Google and are of higher quality backlinks, especially if the site relates to your own services and products. It's as simple as that.

    DoFollow blogs are of minimal value in ranking and just because it is DoFollow, that doesn't mean the site can't have a high PR. I do agree that these types of blogs are susceptible to spamming and could possibly be detrimental to PR rankings in the future.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    Many directories turn into link farms and it is no help for a site to have a backlink there.
    You are quite right and the same apples to do follow blogs and blog commenting as a form of link building.

    But I think the point you are missing is that directories are and were always intended to be developed as link farms. They are set up to offer the user a listing of sites, they are a resource that Google accepts. Directories unlike blogs are a legitimate link building tool. What is wrong, the toxic part in all of this is you and I. We are the ones who **** it up. Its not directories that don't work. It's the prevailing attitude. Your attitude and my attitude.

    Directories work short term. We have proved that by getting a site to #1 for the search terms we targeted using nothing but the free directory lists which are freely available to all. Some of them will dump their databases, others will fall over all by themselves and Google is happy with all of that. Out of those that do make it through their first year many will eventually trip a spam filter and the links they provide will get devalued.

    So what are you left with? Why do you say directories don't work?

    Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    Google penalized many large directories a year ago and removed the clause from their webmaster guide which supported using directory submissions.
    Penalised or devalued? Penalised for what? Which big directories?

    Removing the clause from their guidelines was the best move they ever made as far as directories are concerned.
    Last edited by rainchild; 08-26-2009 at 01:50 AM.

  21. #21
    Web Directories were never intended to be link farms. In the late 90's the majority of directories were legitimate resources. Google doesn't always provide accurate results, but with a directory, you always get what you are looking for because of the category layout. This kind of set up appealed to many web users. It provided a nice, trustworthy alternative to SE's.

    But as people saw the success of these directories such as DMOZ or BOTW in the 2000's they exploited the concept in a way so they could profit from it. Now, most directories are a lost cause. Most of the owners are just in it for the money and that is what has turned them into link farms.

    Again, dont waste your time submitting to all these PR0, PR1, PR2, PR3 directories unless they are human edited by an honest person or specific to only one niche. Your link won't hold its weight long otherwise. But higher PR directories are worthwhile and effective.

    And here's 14 reasons why google penalized directories. There have been a lot of blog postings about this but this one covers them all.

    I'm not bashing the method, just saying there are more effective link building strategies which would make for a better use of your time.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

  22. #22
    Nonsense. A lot of what is taken as gospel on these forums is nothing but hot air. We got a brand new web site to rank well for the targeted key words using three week old directories. What do you suggest we should have done differently? Bought links from high PR blogs?


  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    And here's 14 reasons why google penalized directories. There have been a lot of blog postings about this but this one covers them all.
    That was two years ago, when Google picked out recognised and "respected" market leaders and whacked them ever so silly with a wet fish. Why? Because they were offering links to anyone? Or was it because they had set up a sophisticated ponzi scheme selling PR to unsuspecting and gullible guppies? Greed took over from common sense. They weren't content with selling the odd link review and working for a living. They thought they could start printing money. Which they did....... for awhile.

    You need to get your facts straight before mouthing off about something you know very little about. They got penalised because they were dishonest, crooked and oh so confident. And yes, there are still problems in the industry but you are not helping by recommending that webmasters buy PR. You are not helping by muddying the waters and deliberately disseminating disinformation.

    The OP is looking for do follow blogs. Why don't you explain that we, as webmasters, set up blogs to do stuff and not to be done over by every idiot with access to a forum. Directories work as well as they have ever worked. Blog commenting does not. Its spam and like you said it has short term value as Google will eventually get around to devaluing the links if the owners don't go no follow in the natural course of things.
    Last edited by rainchild; 08-26-2009 at 07:34 AM.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    Nonsense. A lot of what is taken as gospel on these forums is nothing but hot air. We got a brand new web site to rank well for the targeted key words using three week old directories. What do you suggest we should have done differently? Bought links from high PR blogs?
    You sound as if you know a fair bit about link building. I doubt buying links from high PR blogs is the only method you know. So, no, thats not what I would suggest. You should never have to buy anything when it comes to link building. That is one thing Google is cracking down the most on, paid links. Link building should be done naturally if possible. If not, you still shouldn't need to pay.

    Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    You need to get your facts straight before mouthing off about something you know very little about. They got penalised because they were dishonest, crooked and oh so confident.
    I'm not even going to comment on this. I think we both know it was uncalled for. And that's exactly what I said, Google penalized them. Should have asked me to list my reasons if thats what you wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    And yes, there are still problems in the industry but you are not helping by recommending that webmasters buy PR.
    *sighs* Putting words in my mouth. Please tell me where I said people should buy links or PR. I have never once condoned buying PR. There seems to be some personal attacks at me and my company in this thread. I am just trying to have a mature discussion on this topic not looking to have someone try to make me look like an idiot.

    Directory submission is effective, but you can't submit to a bunch of directories and expect to be well off SEO wise or attain a high PR. You need to be trying various other methods as well.

    But to prevent any more strife, I'll agree to disagree.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    Don't even waste your time submitting to them unless they are PR4 or greater.
    Echoes from a dim, murky and distasteful past. Sentiments that have been debunked and discredited time and again. What do you think gave rise to the situation where Google was forced to take action?


    Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    There seems to be some personal attacks at me and my company in this thread. I am just trying to have a mature discussion on this topic not looking to have someone try to make me look like an idiot.
    You said it. I didn't. But if you are going to walk around with your foot in your mouth you must expect some fall out

    Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    But to prevent any more strife, I'll agree to disagree.

    And it's not the first time you have played this particular stroke. Once is excusable but times two and three exposes it for what it is, a polished, deliberate and unfair debating tactic.

    Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    Link building should be done naturally if possible. If not, you still shouldn't need to pay.
    And you are quite right. There are lists and even more lists. Ever changing lists of free directories where you can submit your site for free. The only problem is that these days you can expect around a 30% take up rate which along with the attrition starts adding up. But no problem, there are always forums, social media sites and blogs to spam and the only difference between all of these short term assets is that directories are a legitimate means of acquiring the short term back links you need.


    As for the organic links they are great for traffic but not much use in the serp's. Secondly you can't expect to start attracting organic links unless other webmasters can find you and your web site is the sort of web site which compels them to over come their reluctance to link out to dodgy sites.

    Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    I'm not even going to comment on this. I think we both know it was uncalled for. And that's exactly what I said, Google penalized them. Should have asked me to list my reasons if that's what you wanted.
    Are you saying that the double speak you used in your earlier post was deliberate and that you had every intention of misconstruing the events that led up to Google's unilateral attack on the scumbags pimping their PR?

    How can you say that the action they took devalued the industry? What are you thinking? To the contrary it popped a few bubbles and I think that there are enough people like yourself, to warrant the next dose. It is already long overdue.
    Last edited by rainchild; 08-27-2009 at 12:31 AM.

  26. #26
    A directory is usless if google does not index its inner pages.

    A link is only worthwhile if google sees it.

    For the most part on most directories this is the case nowdays.

    For most sites I spend 38 dollars for 500 manual submission and thats it for directiory submissions, and in doing that its juts chaff that gives me little benefit.

  27. #27
    do follow blogs owners allows to comment but all comments are subject into moderation to avoid spamming

  28. #28
    I would also recommend you to use Fast Blog Finder program for this purpose. Acting in such a way, you will also manage to find topic related post easily and quickly.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by this charming manc View Post
    A directory is usless if google does not index its inner pages.
    And you spam blogs as an alternative?

    Give me a break. Indexed pages work, quite correct. And most directories offer back links on indexed pages that do work. I don't know what lists you use but I have lists of free directories, I have lists of quality spam free directories and for deep linking I use a list of well run blogs doing site reviews. They all work and work very well?

    But I think we have already established that you are winging it and that you would rather avoid pointed and direct questions, so I am not going to bother to ask what you would suggest.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    58
    I have found that more and more blog has been used the attribute that rel=no follow, but the trend that blog commenting has almost come to an end!

  31. #31
    yea i am agree comment kahuna is one of the best for comment backlinks

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by sevan1 View Post
    yea i am agree comment kahuna is one of the best for comment backlinks
    Plz keep in mind that don't just comment for non-sense, really comment for something real!

  33. #33
    Don't be silly. All "do follow" blogs accept spam, so why bother. Remember its short term links you are after. The site is going to get devalued and you will have to replace them. So you don't want to spend any extra time at this. Time is money. Just say the fist thing that comes into your head. It is not as if anybody is ever going to read it and the only bit you have to worry about is that anchor text.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    Don't be silly. All "do follow" blogs accept spam, so why bother. Remember its short term links you are after. The site is going to get devalued and you will have to replace them. So you don't want to spend any extra time at this. Time is money. Just say the fist thing that comes into your head. It is not as if anybody is ever going to read it and the only bit you have to worry about is that anchor text.
    SO I see, rainchild is also agianst Blog comments, is that the case?

  35. #35
    Personally I see no sense in short term stragies. And the question I am asking is why link spam is so popular? What am I missing? Why are these clowns chasing down blogs that will without question end up getting devalued.?


Similar Threads

  1. 19 High PR Sites that allow DoFollow Comments for Link Building
    By geekie246 in forum SEO / SEM Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 03:07 PM
  2. Discussion forums with DoFollow
    By shoaaib in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:04 AM
  3. What is the difference between dofollow and nofollow?
    By AndrewASmith in forum SEO / SEM Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 02:45 PM
  4. list of open source blogs (FREE blogs)
    By casitecenter in forum Web Design and Content
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 06:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •