mellowhost.com review

i would like to start by saying that i will never use them again. I was signed for less then 24 hours and hated it. I found more then a few things they lied about. So i ask if i could have my account canceled ASAP and a full refund. Only reply was

"We have received your cancellation request and your account will be cancelled at the end of your Billing Period."

????I think i said for it to be canceled ASAP aka right now!!!!

I replied to that and said i asked to have it closed right away and that was 12/08/2009

I have opened two more tickets and they were all just closed a few hours later with no reply.

I have fielded a dispute with paypal and i am waiting on that as of right now.

My ratings 1 bad 10 good
    Support = 0
    Friendly = 0
    Uptime = 1
    Plan quality = 0

Do i get my point a crossed???

Please don't sign up with them! They are just trying to take your money!!!

And it is just run by one person!!!

SCAM!!!
    Last edited by josiec09; 08-20-2009 at 11:31 PM.

If you go through paypal i think your money or refune will be longer cos paypal normally will ask for a few week for both party to reslove the issue.But their account will be freeze a bit so they might give in.

Ok will not use them Thank.

I don't think you will get much from paypal. Do you mind letting us know why you "hated" it? Sorry for your experience.

My ratings 1 bad 10 good
    Support = 0
    Friendly = 0
    Uptime = 1
    Plan quality = 0
    How can you class it a '0' if you only rate it 1 to 10?
    - I know what you mean, But you that's odd they must of been beyond bad.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

@ItsJustHosting - Why i hated well lets see i signed up and my Temp URL was down for over 10 hours right away and i was unable to even log in to FTP using the server IP. Doesn't say much for uptime if even the Temp URL was not loading. I know the DNS takes time to load 24 to 48 hours but the Temp URL should be up all the time.

@ATH-Sean - Would you not call closing a ticket about getting an account canceled with out a reply "beyond bad"?

@ATH-Sean - Would you not call closing a ticket about getting an account canceled with out a reply "beyond bad"?
    I believe that the ticket should not have been closed without a reply, Though usually the client should request a cancellation via their Client Area

That was how i did submit a cancellation request. I just opened ticket after 48 hours of no reply or cancellation.

You did not share with us the reason for the cancellation of your account within the first 24 hours. What were the lies and other things that you hated leading to the cancellation of your account?

They have a 30 day money back guarantee apparently so first of all try contacting them through every method they have.

I always try and tell people not to go down the PayPal chargeback route first. It is really annoying for both parties, PayPal can suspend accounts and cause disruption to everyone involved accounts. However if they refuse to make contact then certainly go down the PayPal route and make it clear you have tried contacting them for x amount of time.

Sorry for your experience, but why is uptime 1??? you have been there for only 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    How can you class it a '0' if you only rate it 1 to 10?
    That is exactly what I was thinking when I first read the thread.

Anyways... Sorry to hear about the poor experience you have suffered with. I do hope your next web hosting provider meets your standards. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Sorry to hear your troubles. I will also suggest you to try by all means with the host before going for a paypal dispute. Most of the reputed hosts never deny the refund provided you have submited it through the proper channel. Any way I wish this will be sorted out soon.

Sorry to hear about your experience. If you are qualified for refund according to there TOS services you should ask them to get it back. I hope they will keep there promises. Also make sure that you have backup all necessary files before they process cancellation.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

You should give PayPal a shot, chances are you might not be the only one struggling with them, if PayPal has a negative record of them, at the least they may cancel their PayPal account to restrict them from doing anymore business with them. Sorry to hear about your experience, I hope you find a better host in the future, remember to ALWAYS do a search on google and in wht to find any reviews good or bad!
    The Web Hosting Network
    Innovative Hosting Solutions Personal Support & Sales
    Superior Web Site Hosting Since 1999

Aswell as the service, their site looks awful. Doesnt make sence most of it + Difficult to understand.

Maybe forget them and just leave bad reviews about them everywhere?

I run my own business and theres 1 of me. I haven't had any bad comments so on any of my services so far other then the design of my site ^^.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

Both paypal and my bank wont help me but my bank said if they take any more money then they will step in.

Now they banned me off the server so now i can't even use that **** for anything...

mellowhost is horrible, they suspend the account without informing the client. Of late several of their servers have been down consistently. Most of my sites were suspended as soon as they started getting 200-400 UV/per day
    Stay away from them

I run my own business and theres 1 of me. I haven't had any bad comments so on any of my services so far other then the design of my site ^^.
    I would take this as not appropriate here, But ok!

mellowhost is horrible, they suspend the account without informing the client. Of late several of their servers have been down consistently. Most of my sites were suspended as soon as they started getting 200-400 UV/per day
    Stay away from them
    Sorry to hear about this latest fiasco with Mellowhost, What sort of site is it you run may I ask?

I used to have an account at mellowhost before as well and didn't like it.
    their support takes forever to respond, and when you upload content to your website it doesn't show right away, something is wrong with caching.

Quote Originally Posted by Laloo View Post
    Stay away from them
    What domain do you have with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbizal View Post
    I used to have an account at mellowhost before as well and didn't like it.
    their support takes forever to respond, and when you upload content to your website it doesn't show right away, something is wrong with caching.
    And what domain did you have with them?

are they good i m thinking of buying from them ?

I would do some research here on WHT or read the thread some more

their homepage is weird and done with WordPress....at least some better homepage is deserved..i have an account with them..support is good,but not responding kind enough to requests

I have heard mixed reviews about mellowhost.com I must say mostly very good

@ Are they accepted direct paypal payment from you. If yes, then may be there is something fishy, because paypal is not available for Bangladesh.

@ "Office of the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms" web site didn't showing that they are (Mellowhost Ltd.) registered. Anyone can check here- http://www.roc.gov.bd:7781/

@ And most of the company offering "Master Reseller" didn't have good up time & support.

their uptime is good..I can tell that..their cons are

--your page is not activated right after purchase..when you have access to the account and cpanel and ftp,your html page is not visible to the world..it takes up to 12 hours or so

--for example you can install MyBB due to their mod security stuff..mybb admin panel does not love mod security,and mellowhost does not disable it on any domain.

--you can not do back up from cpanel

--they might suspend accounts for using mail a lot or stuff.this is not actually a con may be for shared hosting

Quote Originally Posted by -Virgo- View Post
    I think if you even try to read the OP, you would somehow have an answer..

And as for mix reviews, well there's always a possibility that a lot of the good reviews they got were from people they paid for to make those comments.. or maybe that's just me. Cause I find it really weird to read exaggerated good reviews when I see some really really mad clients.