Greenpeace Leader Admits Organization Put Out Fake Global Warming Data

http://www.prisonplanet.com/greenpea...ming-data.html

Greenpeace leader Gerd Leipold has been forced to admit that his organization issued misleading and exaggerated information when it claimed that Arctic ice would disappear completely by 2030, in a crushing blow for the man-made global warming movement.

In an interview with the BBC’s Stephen Sackur on the “Hardtalk” program, Leipold initially attempted to evade the question but was ultimately forced to admit that Greenpeace had made a “mistake” when it said Arctic ice would disappear completely in 20 years.

The claim stems from a July 15 Greenpeace press release entitled “Urgent Action Needed As Arctic Ice Melts,” in which it is stated that global warming will lead to an ice-free Arctic by 2030.
    Sackur accused Leipold and Greenpeace of releasing “misleading information” based on “exaggeration and alarmism,” pointing out that it was “preposterous” to claim that the Greenland ice sheet, a mass of 1.6 million square kilometers with a thickness of 3 km in the middle that has survived much warmer periods in history, would completely melt when it had stood firm for hundreds of thousands of years.

“There is no way that ice sheet is going to disappear,” said Sackur.
    “I don’t think it will be melting by 2030. … That may have been a mistake,” Leipold was eventually forced to admit.

1.6 million sq.km, 3 km thick in the middle ... I have to admit I never thought of this fact myself till I saw this article.

Greenpeace is right up there next to PETA. They should both just disappear. And they just gave polluters less reason to care.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Exactly. And I bet they're still driving cars themselves too.

Greenpeace are a great cause... Things could be done better...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    Greenpeace is right up there next to PETA. They should both just disappear. And they just gave polluters less reason to care.
    Polluters never cared to begin with. I have yet to believe just about any information that is published on global warming. As soon as I herd of organizations selling carbon credits, I knew 90% of the business was a sham. After reading numerous websites and watching multiple videos on the misleading information published and used as facts, I have moved farther and farther away from believing any of it.

It's the same thing that drove me away from PETA, which is FAR from the ethical treatment of animals.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.