Moving out from Featureprice.. Any recommendations?

Hi,

featureprice 'hidden' Terms and Conditions finally forced me to move out!.

I run a board with an average of 80 members online all times. The current number of registered visitors is 4K, and the size of the database is around 100M. Things were fine until FS decided to disable GZIP, and since then, visitors receive "Too many demand... error 408/409" almost every hour. WHen I checked that with FS support, I was told that as per the Terms and Conditions which I've agreed with, the allocated bandwidth per hour is 21MB only!

I want to move to a hosting company that offers at least 20G bandwidth, 300+ MB space, and has no limit on the number of hits nor restrictions on how the bandwidth is consumed. And of course, GZIP must be enabled..

I heared that HostRocket can support that but not sure of that since I've read so many negative comments about them in this forum..

Any recommendations? Thanx

Just post your requirement in the Requests forum.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...?s=&forumid=32

95% of the viewers are web hosts and cannot recommend themseleves in this forum.
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

Re: Moving out from Featureprice.. Any recommendations?

Originally posted by Bassam
    Hi,

featureprice 'hidden' Terms and Conditions finally forced me to move out!.

I want to move to a hosting company that offers at least 20G bandwidth, 300+ MB space, and has no limit on the number of hits nor restrictions on how the bandwidth is consumed. And of course, GZIP must be enabled..
    What took you so long to move? You will find plenty to offer what you need. I take it that you had the $25 (unlimited - very limited) plan at the old host.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

I almost fell for featureprice too. Called them up and asked if their 21mb per hour limit was correct. What a ridiculous term. Glad I didn't make that mistake.

Check out Dot5. I haven't been with them long enough to make an informed recommendation, but the setup and such went flawlessly and support has been helpful.