Is it just me or is ScarabWeb transfer REALLY slow?

So I'm a ScarabWeb client and have been for quite a while. Recently they changed ownership and supposedly, a transfer is being taken from one datacenter to another.

Are any other SW clients feeling that this transfer is ridiculously slow, or is it just me?

Currently for me, I've had lost data to slow loading times over the course of a few days now.. Not happy and considering even changing ship if this is any hint of the new team behind SW.

Don't they have support forums? I suppose they will be the best place to ask about that

If their service is starting to go poor due to the change in ownership and management then perhaps it's time to move to another provider.

Can you check whats the IP address of the server you've been moved to in Cpanel?

The old servers are still running so you can try and recover your files from there like I did. Simply enter www."server-IP"/cpanel and login like usual. I found the IP from the welcome email when I initially signed up.

The current economical climate seems to be taking its toll on the web hosting industry. This is not the first thread I've seen whereby customers are suffering from changes in ownership.

My advice to you - if several 'mishaps' have occurred since the change of ownership, get out while you can! However, if you'd like to remain there for a while, I'd at least recommend taking a full back-up.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh View Post
    If not forums, submit a helpdesk ticket or call them to receive an update on how the move is progressing.

bsh
    Why not? I assume support forums is the best place to get in touch with customers from the same web hosting company
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

As some other members said the better way to deal with this issue is to contact the fellow customers or even the host directly. You can communicate with them and tell them you are not fully satisfied with the service and let them rectify the issue if they truly value their customers.
    Still it is not working for you as you said change the ship.

The current economical climate seems to be taking its toll on the web hosting industry.
    Maybe it does, but I don't see the buyouts as a result of that, but more of a natural evolution of an industry as it matures. I wonder if the new owner is a well known hosting company, or a newcomer with cash.

Scarabweb was a perfect brand to sell. Good reputation, years of experience, low churn rate, are all reasons to ask and receive top dollar.

Their website is incredibly slow to load for me here in the UK.

Thanks for your advice guys, but I've already tried contacting through their help desk, which has been far from being helpful and quick (to replying to tickets). Live chat is not on at times it was promised to be on at. Server is ridiculously slow to even backup the files...

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Thanks for your advice guys, but I've already tried contacting through their help desk, which has been far from being helpful and quick (to replying to tickets). Live chat is not on at times it was promised to be on at. Server is ridiculously slow to even backup the files...
    If things don't smooth out after the transition of ownership, I would seriously consider switching to another web host. Make sure to download a full backup, don't rely solely on your web hosts backups.

Of course what's to prevent that new web host from being sold in a few months or years? Absolutely nothing.

It's happened to me a few times and you never get quite used to it, despite how many times it's happened.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Since its being mentioned here I'll just chip in from my previous thread. I have been told they clustered up their servers which I presume is being co-located in IXwebhosting datacenter as all their IPs are from there. A xen of a VPS is used for Cpanel (as told by their support), no idea what that means but I'm sure it would make sense to more experienced members.

Server loads were really high in the previous days but seems to be in good numbers now.