Review of FSCKVPS / VASERV = SUCKS

First of all, I am a reasonable person, I am not overly demanding nor a pain to deal with, but my short experience with FSCKVPS.COM / VASERV.COM has left me with a very bad taste.

Never again will I be using any related business to them.

Do not ever use this company (the one which fell pray to the massive hacking attempt and was sold / consolidated some months ago).

I decided to give fsckvps a shot, seeing the whole thing of them being hacked and all kinds of data being destroyed seemed to be over and normality seemed to be back. So a few days ago I order a 1GB VPS with cPanel.

On their website it says "Instant VPS setup – you pay, you get your login details within a few minutes (more)"

COMPLETE LIE! IT toook over 24 hours to be manually given login details. And the email was about one sentence. IP address and a password, no indication of what the password was for or how to use it. No matter - I didn't order a VPS because I was a newbie, I immediately logged into root and it was all good - or was it?

OOPS. They forgot to install cPanel nor even license the IP for it. At this point I am a little irritated as 24 hours has gone by since their "instant setup" promise. So I email [email protected] to ask to get cPanel installed, or licensed.

Love the response (ANOTHER long period of time later)
    Code:
    From Rus Foster:
    "HI
    You do not appear to of ordered cPAnel on your VPS"
    The END!

Now I'm WTF! $19.90 + $13.95 for cPanel = 33.95

How didn't I pay for it? Now I'm just getting peeved off now it's two days since I was supposed to have an INSTANT VPS with cPAnel, now this guy has the chops to tell me I didn't buy cPanel.

How hard can it be to read a damn invoice?

At this point, I take a deep breath, calm down, and send an email explaining how I did. Hours later I get a short email back saying cPanel is now licensed. And to install it myself with a simple command line - OK I can deal with that. Fine.

Plain crap billing / sales so far saying I'm a liar and being slow, but at least now I got my VPS with cPanel - there uptime seems OK so all good - sadly... no...

Now I have spotted a techincal VPS restriction they seem to add to their VPSes:

Code:
    SUPPORT TICKET I CREATED, SUBJECT: 
    /etc/init.d/functions: fork: Cannot allocate memory

--ME--

Hi

I get the above error, also I just installed cPanel, and cannot load it via the web due to Internal 500 error - probably the above error:

So I try a restart:

[[email protected] ~]# service httpd restart
    /etc/init.d/functions: fork: Cannot allocate memory

This leads me to believe my VPS has not been given decent resources and is hitting some kind of VPS restriction.

Please remove all memory restrictions on my VPS so it can fully use the 1GB its been given.

I shouldn't be getting any kind of resource errors at all

top - 17:53:31 up 11 days, 1:08, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    Tasks: 47 total, 1 running, 46 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    Cpu(s): 0.0%us, 0.0%sy, 0.0%ni,100.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st
    Mem: 1048576k total, 84736k used, 963840k free, 0k buffers
    Swap: 0k total, 0k used, 0k free, 0k cached

Thanks

--FSCKVPS--

Posted On: 17 Aug 2009 02:16 PM
    Hello

Your vps has been restarted. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards
    Anil

--ME--
    Posted On: 18 Aug 2009 12:45 AM	 

I am EMBARASSED by your level of support.

-bash-3.2# service httpd restart
    /etc/init.d/functions: line 19: /sbin/consoletype: Cannot allocate memory
    /etc/profile.d/lang.sh: fork: Cannot allocate memory
    /sbin/service: fork: Cannot allocate memory

Same problem. But please least CHECK the restart solved the problem next time instead of wasting my time.

VASERV have crippled my FSCK VPS and restarting won't solve the problem - please send to a senior tech to fix this VPS software restriction they've placed

Some hours later someone competent fixed the issue.

At this stage I am just furious with the whole show at FSCKVPS. Clearly they are running a circus where no one has the time (or perhaps skills) to fix any real issues nor give ANY kind of support.

Unbelievably that there support had the chops to restart my VPS and smile and wave at me like they magically solved the problem that they never bothered to read nor bothered to check was solved.

Plain embarassing for a web host to do that.

But now, at least, I could do things, before I got memory allocation errors for doing ANYTHING. Now cPanel loads up, etc, so I am thinking everything is dandy now - finally.

Hell no.

I needed a second IP (their stupid order form does not let you order IP's) - I confirmed you can buy IPs later.

So I reply to an existing sales ticket to ask for a new IP, I get the reply "You need to create a new ticket for new requests" ... GRRR... is it just too hard for you to just action such a simple request in an existing ticket? Terrible service example again. Never seen such laziness or ridiculous reason to cause customers more effort - they do not care - read that again - they do not care about you.

OK, I'm reasonable, perhaps they need clarity and want one topic per ticket, OK - I'll be nice and go to the effort or making another ticket to buy an IP address. So I do that.

Code:
    --ME--

Posted On: 17 Aug 2009 01:15 PM
    Hi

I want to add another IP address to my VPS. Could you please add an IP address to my VPS and give me a buy link or whoever it works.

Thanks

--FSCKVPS-- and --ME--

(they ask for justification for IP - I reply and give it to them)

--FSCKVPS--	 
    Posted On: 17 Aug 2009 07:54 PM
    Hello,

This has been added to your account.

Regards,

--- WHT added comment  ---
    LOL - so they added the IP address to my account? Fantastic - what is it?
    ---

Now I am seriously angry that these idiots GIVE me an IP address yet don't tell me what it is - what good is that! More time wasted.

So I decide to go back to my "memory allocation error" ticket and ask them to give me the IP address, hell, there support, they should know, right?

They tell me they cannot find the IP, all they do is type ifconfig -a on my VPS.

Utterly ridiculous. I am not a hamster, that was the first command I ran to check if FSCKVPS added the new IP to my VPS (they did not do this)

Anyway, back to the ticket I asked for the IP address, I get this reply:

Code:
    --FSCKVPS---

Posted On: 18 Aug 2009 09:38 AM
    Dear Andrew,

Apologies for not following upon this properly. What my colleague meant is that we have issued an invoice to you regarding this. Once invoice 203710 is sorted out, please let us know so we can proceed and assign an additional IP address to your server.

---ME---
    Posted On: 18 Aug 2009 10:19 AM
    DONE

Please assign the IP to my VPS and tell me what it is.

Thanks

---ME---
    Posted On: 18 Aug 2009 03:30 PM
    Hello still waiting to get the IP address.

Already paid invoice

Thanks

---ME---
    Posted On: 19 Aug 2009 01:11 AM
    Respectfully, its been two days now, how long do I have to wait to get an ip address?

I am on the BORDER on just asking for a refund and leaving if this isn't actioned soon.

I came to FSCKVPS on the good word from a friend but I am not too been impressed so far with the support, both tech and billing.

---ME---
    Posted On: 19 Aug 2009 09:28 AM
    Hi

I'm going to wait another 3 hours for this IP address to get to me.

After that time I am requesting a refund for the FSCKVPS I ordered a few days ago and permanently leaving.

Can you guess what happened? NO IP! EVEN AS I TYPE THIS WHT MESSAGE THEY STILL HAVEN'T GIVEN ME THE IP!

I am about to cancel my PayPal subscription and start a dispute. I asked for a refund below just before. You'll love the response from VASERV / FSCKVPS:

At this stage, all the messing with me, screwing me around, delaying things, telling me I haven't paid for things, I'm done here.

Code:
    --ME--	 
    Posted On: 19 Aug 2009 12:14 PM

Hi

Officially the worst VPS experience I've ever had.

You guys offer terrible support (see ticket ID: 219233)

Terrible sales support (this ticket right here you are reading (218825) where you said I didn't buy cPanel wasting another 24 hours of my time for me to reply to correct you then waiting to hear from you - AFTER your false instant vps setup promise on website)

Terrible billing support (see ticket ID: 219226)

I want a REFUND! I am out of here!

I thought you guys fixed yourselves up since that hacking disaster and a client of yours gave me a good heads up about you's.

I've been given NO HyperVM details like your other clients have access to, all I got was one unprofessional email with an IP and a password (didnt specify what the password was for or any help - just embarrassing stuff I'd expect from a 15 year old school kid)

Ugh, give me my refund please for paypal address: <<<my paypal address>> for $33.95 and cancel my subscription to FSCKVPS.

If I don't get the refund in 24 hours I start a PayPal dispute and paste in all these tickets of my FSCKVPS.com ordeal at WebHostingTalk.com for everyone to see and I will be MORE than happy to reply to you on the forum to detail everything.

(I've already saved copies of all these tickets)

P.S. VPS Setup was nowhere near instant like it says on the fsckvps.com website. It was slow via email (without cPanel like I ordered nor even licenced for cPanel).

GIVE MY REFUND NOW PLEASE

--FSCKVPS---

Hello,

> Officially the worst VPS experience I've ever had.
    >
    > You guys offer terrible support (see ticket ID: 219233)
    >
    > Terrible sales support (this ticket right here you are reading (218825) where you said I didn't buy cPanel wasting another 24 hours of my time for me to reply to correct you then waiting to hear from you - AFTER your false instant vps setup promise on website)

> I want a REFUND! I am out of here!
    We do not offer refunds with our services.  <<< LOL

> I thought you guys fixed yourselves up since that hacking disaster and a client of yours gave me a good heads up about you's.
    >
    > I've been given NO HyperVM details like your other clients have access to, all I got was one unprofessional email with an IP and a password (didnt
    > specify what the password was for or any help - just embarrassing stuff I'd expect from a 15 year old school kid)
    We are currently, still working on our panel and it is in beta stage right now.

> Ugh, give me my refund please for paypal address: <<< my paypal address >>> for $33.95 and cancel my subscription to FSCKVPS.
    We do not offer refunds with our services. <<< LOL again

> If I don't get the refund in 24 hours I start a PayPal dispute and paste in all these tickets of my FSCKVPS.com ordeal at WebHostingTalk.com for everyone to see and I will be MORE than happy to reply to you on the forum to detail everything.
    Opening a paypal dispute will result in immediate account terminatation with no possible credit and / or billing date move as per our terms of service which you agreed to upon setup.

> P.S. VPS Setup was nowhere near instant like it says on the fsckvps.com website. It was slow via email (without cPanel like I ordered nor even licenced for cPanel).

We try to have all orders setup instantly as stated however, there are many reasons why it can get delayed. We no where on our site gurantee a 5 minute setup, however we do advertise it as usually* thats the average setup time.
    <<< This especially made me LOL - OH LOOK - It says right there on your website "INSTANT SETUP"
    imghat.com/out.php/i49_fsckvpsLIE.PNG <<< CHECK THIS PROOF OF WHAT IT SAYS BLATENTLY ON THEIR WEBSITE.

I would be more then happy to move your billing date to today to get a 30 full days of access however, we will not be granting a refund as we do not offer refunds.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,
    --
    Kody Riker
    Here's how I've proceeded.

Enjoy the bad publicity and the paypal dispute.

Good luck you bunch of circus hamsters!
    Last edited by lcdstap; 08-20-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Im sorry to hear about your problem. Click report with the the domain or some proof that you were/ are hosted by them.

Yea, most hosts offer some type of money back guarantee. I was surprised to read in their TOS that they don't offer refunds unless they think there is a problem.

It does say this "Refunds will generally not be issued unless the Supplier believe that their are appropriate grounds for a request."

But it doesn't look like Kody is too fond of this. =P
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

it seems that they haven't recovered after the HyperVM Incident.

Thanks for the review, interesting reading.

I totally agree with lcdstap. They are a very irresponsible company that's not even worth talking about. I lost my entire account due to the hacking event and I gave up on them due to their lack of response.

I would suggest you create a PayPal Chargeback/Report Transaction, this will put pressure on them and most of all should get your voice heard.
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

Paypal dispute has been started, fsckvps/vaserv/wahtever have already escalated it to PayPal on their end and they have no intention of giving me a refund (even though I have been with them less than 3 days, most/all of that time was waiting on their incompetent staff to give me what I needed - which I never got to use).

I truly recommend no one use fsckvps.com / vaserv / whatever else they call themselves.

Hi,

It's a shame to hear that you've had such a poor experience with this company. It was always my opinion that Vaserv were a high-performing company and maintained fairly high standards in customer support. This obviously seems to not be the case now, which is a great shame for the team there.

From reading your review, they seem to have a rather blase attitude towards your custom. For example, as installing the OS template for cPanel is a one-click process from HyperVM, it seems strange to me that they would ask you to do it yourself by running a command line. I also think they need to benefit from the good old saying of "the customer is always right", as telling you that you've paid $33.95 for a 1 GB VPS without cPanel is simply ridiculous.

I hope you find a better VPS provider elsewhere. The ones I've worked with in the past have always had the customer's best interests at heart; this seems to not be the motto of Vaserv anymore.

Frustrating sequence of events you're describing there.

As for the refund, I'm not so sure you went about it the right way.

1. Are you entitled to a refund? Most VPS services are not refundable.

2. When you ask for a refund, you should arm yourself with a bit of patience and wait for a reply and action. Disputing the charge will only make things more complicated. If the host gives you the refund, then if you also win the dispute, you get a double refund. So, it is unlikely that you'll get your money back while that dispute is running is course. Further, a dispute will aggravate any provider out there, bad or good and that doesn't exactly encourage them to issue refunds.

I asked for a refund and was denied, THEN I wrote this thread and shortly after started the dispute. Read final ticket response above.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Oliver View Post
    Hi,

It's a shame to hear that you've had such a poor experience with this company. It was always my opinion that Vaserv were a high-performing company and maintained fairly high standards in customer support. This obviously seems to not be the case now, which is a great shame for the team there.

From reading your review, they seem to have a rather blase attitude towards your custom. For example, as installing the OS template for cPanel is a one-click process from HyperVM, it seems strange to me that they would ask you to do it yourself by running a command line. I also think they need to benefit from the good old saying of "the customer is always right", as telling you that you've paid $33.95 for a 1 GB VPS without cPanel is simply ridiculous.

I hope you find a better VPS provider elsewhere. The ones I've worked with in the past have always had the customer's best interests at heart; this seems to not be the motto of Vaserv anymore.
    they no longer use hypervm....... you heard of most hosts moving from it right?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by lcdstap View Post
    We try to have all orders setup instantly as stated however, there are many reasons why it can get delayed. We no where on our site gurantee a 5 minute setup, however we do advertise it as usually* thats the average setup time.
    That is a bit stupid, they've changed it to 2hrs. It seems they are cowarding behind their T&C as usual, even though:
    1. It took a lot longer to setup that promised/agreed
    2. When it was setup, you didn't even get the plan you paid for (incorrect allocations/no cPanel)

If that isn't violaion of contract, I dont know what is. You are entitled to a refund regardless imho.
    - Colin Dunn | Systems Administrator
    I think CentOS is a pretty cool guy. eh runs mah server and doesnt afraid of anything...
    ^ That sig/meme is so old, I just don't have the heart to change it. I hope the cool kids around still get it... 2008 was a good year!

Paypal dispute has been started, fsckvps/vaserv/wahtever have already escalated it to PayPal on their end and they have no intention of giving me a refund (even though I have been with them less than 3 days, most/all of that time was waiting on their incompetent staff to give me what I needed - which I never got to use).

I truly recommend no one use fsckvps.com / vaserv / whatever else they call themselves.
    Just so that you know - you probably will not have much luck with a PayPal dispute. PayPal generally does not cover services, only tangible goods, so they more than likely will win the dispute.

You might want to try contacting Rus directly and see if there is anything they can do for you. I know he responded to your ticket but try contacting him directly to see.

Like someone else stated, I also do not think they have fully recovered from the HyperVM attacks in some capacities.

I wish you the best in getting your issue resolved.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

They have a well written ToS which is unfortunate for clients in a way but a part i have always found interesting:

The Supplier warrants to you that all services provided to you by the Supplier shall be provided with due care and skill.
    http://fsckvps.com/tos
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

This is appalling, and gives the VPS industry a bad name.

I'm hopeful that this sort of thing is covered by many UK laws. Distance selling regulations with their cool off periods, goods fit for intended purpose etc. But all that is completely besides the point, it is obvious to anyone what the decent thing to do is: if you have not provided the service that the customer paid for, give them their money back.

Considering the cost of support it would actually be cheaper to issue refunds in these cases anyway. Just an added bonus for doing the right thing.

Jim
    Blue Room Hosting - High availability UK VPS
    KVM Plans - Multiple OS support. Virtual console and CD drive.

Quote Originally Posted by coduk View Post
    That is a bit stupid, they've changed it to 2hrs. It seems they are cowarding behind their T&C as usual, even though:
    I've personally dealt with this case and if OP wants to put my response, I won't mind at all, of course. Nevertheless let me state that I've updated our website today as a part of my to do list which is pending for some time now. "Cowarding" behind our T&C would not be in any way option for doing any serious business and as most of you already know we are in the process of getting our VPS platform revamped (and moved to a fully hardware virtualzied solution - KVM) together with our in house built control panel which is currently in the BETA phase. With this said, we've already knocked out quite a bugs since we released BETA and are looking forward to start using the whole setup (including the panel as well) within next few weeks, until all the bits and bobs don't get squirreled out. Once this is in place, we will be happily looking towards instant setups once again, and fully featured control panel.

As said I've replied to the OP providing him further instructions on how to successfully complete the cancellation procedure so we can get this handled properly.

Your story sounds like a nightmare! Hopefully your next provider won't be like this, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    "Cowarding" behind our T&C would not be in any way option for doing any serious business
    I never said it was an option for serious business, but it's certainly an option you guys like to take. :/

My advice would be just to refund the guy, it's a lot more trouble than its worth not doing so. But ofc, if your T&Cs say otherwise, then that's just tough luck.
    - Colin Dunn | Systems Administrator
    I think CentOS is a pretty cool guy. eh runs mah server and doesnt afraid of anything...
    ^ That sig/meme is so old, I just don't have the heart to change it. I hope the cool kids around still get it... 2008 was a good year!

Like Ken said, PayPal probably won't side with you... but you know, I'd say this thread is worth more than $30+ in negative PR. I still don't understand why some providers won't bend the rules on their ToS when they obviously screwed up... it's not like angry clients are just going to say, "oh, okay then, it was in the ToS. I'll just move along now and you can keep my money."

Quote Originally Posted by subigo View Post
    Like Ken said, PayPal probably won't side with you... but you know, I'd say this thread is worth more than $30+ in negative PR. I still don't understand why some providers won't bend the rules on their ToS when they obviously screwed up... it's not like angry clients are just going to say, "oh, okay then, it was in the ToS. I'll just move along now and you can keep my money."
    Without a doubt I would agree, it's called "Damage Control". The OP has some good points and the reality is something went wrong on the initial provision. I have been in business for a while and when I screw up I will at least take a hit to save the business relationship and to prevent bad press from spreading. The bad press like this situation only leads to greater losses of business down the road but many business just don't seem to care or raise an eyebrow to this. Especially with this company having so much bad press in recent months you would assume they would be willing to build back the reputation they once held.

I second the OP advise. Don't bother dealing with these cowboys. I have tried to and am still getting hassled by VAServ.

I signed up and paid for an "Instant Setup" about 24 hrs before VAServ were hacked back in May. I didn't get an Instant Setup. When I queried this, I was told "For instant setup, it takes 24 hours". Well I waited since the monkey I spoke to didn't understand what instant means and just kept repeating himself. Then, VAserv got hacked...

I waited a while and kept an eye on the WHT forum thread while they were getting back on their feet. Eventually, I gave up and signed with another provider when I found out that I couldn't have the US service I signed up for any more and it was going to take a day to provision a service with a different OS in a different country. Since then I have emailed and asked about refund for no service. I got a reply telling me they are now doing US locations again. I emailed to let them know that I had signed elsewhere, and asked for a refund. Since, I have simply gotten overdue notices and one automated email to say to ignore one of the notices. I am now getting emails telling me my hosting service is suspended, and most recently a threat to take me to collectors. All for a service that I never received. It's a pitty about PayPal. The reason I used PayPal was because I didn't know this company and thought the idea was that I was safe using PayPal. Lucky it's only $10. At this rate it's going to cost VAServ more than it will me. Maybe I should take VAServ to collectors for the month I paid for end never received.

It's a lovely way to treat a client who paid and signed up and didn't run away as soon as you got hacked. I waited about 2 weeks.

-- Chris

It feels very weird reading this. I know Rus from when he just started, being there for u 24 hours a day to help out. Maybe he just grown to fast ?

this is a shame! i won't even get near their website now!
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

We've just cancelled our services with VAServe this morning due to the actions or lack of from BSQ Billing.

It *is* a shame really. The reasons I hung around and waited after they were hacke are:

a) I could
    b) Their current clients (the people hit hardest of all), while desperite to get theirs and/or their own client's sites back online, stood behind Rus and his team and came across very patient with the situation. They also seemed very loyle to VAServ through a terrible time.

2 Months down the track and I'm over the $10, but am sick of the nagging account emails which are not worth replying to. And they want to take *me* to the collectors 'cos I won't pay them for nothing :0

-- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by blueroomhosting View Post
    This is appalling, and gives the VPS industry a bad name.
    I'm not sure if I understand you on this one. Are you saying that because ONE provider did some bad work for this customer, then it gives a bad image to all VPS provider? If so, I do not agree.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

Quote Originally Posted by gplhost View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand you on this one. Are you saying that because ONE provider did some bad work for this customer, then it gives a bad image to all VPS provider? If so, I do not agree.

Thomas
    When people see legitimate complaints with highly recommended providers result in a PayPal dispute (which, as people point out, they are likely to lose) then yes, I would say that gives a poor impression of the industry.

Stating that you don't need to do the right thing, because your T+Cs relieve you of even reasonable responsibilities, is a horrible precedent. I wouldn't normally speak out about another provider, but this isn't normal or wanted or quite possibly even legal. Maybe we all need to speak out against such shady practices, or risk being tarnished with the same brush.

Jim
    Blue Room Hosting - High availability UK VPS
    KVM Plans - Multiple OS support. Virtual console and CD drive.

After my experience with the the NYNoc and PayPal, I tend to view any web host accepting PayPal as a presumable problem in the making not to mention a slightly more amateur setup. There is a reason why some host accept it as it is easier to ignore customers vs a customer having charge back "rights" with a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by bigks View Post
    After my experience with the the NYNoc and PayPal, I tend to view any web host accepting PayPal as a presumable problem in the making not to mention a slightly more amateur setup. There is a reason why some host accept it as it is easier to ignore customers vs a customer having charge back "rights" with a credit card.
    I would have to disagree.

We use paypal pretty much exclusively. We have had a few charge backs here and there. 95% are settled immediately (someone with an unverified account slips through and the card is stolen) but there have been examples where the customer is clearly violated our ToS and AuP, had their account terminated, filed a PP charge back and won regardless of it being a service.

In talking to other hosting company owners, they too find that they often lose to customers filing charge backs against them as well. Something I have been meaning to call PP about but not gotten around to it yet.

--Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    I've personally dealt with this case and if OP wants to put my response, I won't mind at all, of course. Nevertheless let me state that I've updated our website today as a part of my to do list which is pending for some time now. "Cowarding" behind our T&C would not be in any way option for doing any serious business and as most of you already know we are in the process of getting our VPS platform revamped (and moved to a fully hardware virtualzied solution - KVM) together with our in house built control panel which is currently in the BETA phase. With this said, we've already knocked out quite a bugs since we released BETA and are looking forward to start using the whole setup (including the panel as well) within next few weeks, until all the bits and bobs don't get squirreled out. Once this is in place, we will be happily looking towards instant setups once again, and fully featured control panel.

As said I've replied to the OP providing him further instructions on how to successfully complete the cancellation procedure so we can get this handled properly.
    Is he going to get a full refund?
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

To update, it looks like I got my refund via PayPal by vaserv refunding via the open PayPal dispute. Only took public outing + paypal dispute, but I got my money back.

To update, it looks like I got my refund via PayPal by vaserv refunding via the open PayPal dispute. Only took public outing + paypal dispute, but I got my money back.
    Good to hear. It normally takes these measures to get a refund from other hosts also (not all), shame it has to come to all this. Good luck with your next host.

Quote Originally Posted by bigks View Post
    I tend to view any web host accepting PayPal as a presumable problem in the making not to mention a slightly more amateur setup. There is a reason why some host accept it as it is easier to ignore customers vs a customer having charge back "rights" with a credit card.
    Hosts that don't accept paypal would truly be in the minority. I would doubt the number that dont accept it would even reach 10%
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

I didn't know this company and thought the idea was that I was safe using PayPal.
    No, better to use CC as you will get 180 days protection on any payments and can file chargeback for undelivered service via credit card company.

I have simply gotten overdue notices and one automated email to say to ignore one of the notices. I am now getting emails telling me my hosting service is suspended, and most recently a threat to take me to collectors
    The VAServ should first prove that they delivered service otherwise they do illegal business as they charge clients for nothing or mislead clients and offer the service which doesn't exist, before they can pass you file to collectors.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==