cloud on vps with openqrm

has anyone ever tried using (or more importantly) tried testing openqrm with vps's? is it even possible?? and if so, is there any documentation on it? I found some very very inexpensive vps's and it would be cool to start testing the openqrm cloud software with these on a very affordable basis where I would then take the money I saved on "not having to pay for expensive dedicated servers and routers" and pay professionals to help set it up and learn it. Is what I'm saying even viable or do I have to go the dedicated server route to start a cloud with openqrm?

Hava you checked their sites documentation(www dot openqrm dot org).They are really helpful.I have tested openQRM with Xen.

Firstly, OpenQRM is more supported on Debian than CentOS. Not that it is a bad thing, just that majority of WHT's members are comfortable with RH. I personally found it very hard to set it up on the latest CentOS -- may be I went wrong.

Secondly, you can't run OpenQRM on VPSes - makes no sense at all. OpenQRM is supposed to be installed on a dedicated server. It basically creates VPSes in a high availability cluster sort of thing -- the point of calling it cloud computing!

Load balances the VPSes on different nodes. Moves VPS from one failed node to a backup node. Basically, trying to keep your services up!

Check out a commercial and simplified software called AppLogic. A friend of mine uses and says that it is fantastic.

As ganesh-rao already mentioned Openqrm only makes sense if you have more than one dedicated server and also it comes with an nice web interface I still recommend building your own cloud, for example simply run xen on an Linux cluster, that is one of the best solutions I came across so far.

linuxjournal.com/article/8812

(just an further tip you might want to create an image of your cluster nodes after you set them up so you can easily recover them after a failure using some pxeboot based system, this way it all can be done on remote)