Network Path Flow Monitoring software?

I have been tasked with researching the available options in software that monitor network route paths out from our network that shows latencies and packet loss, etc. We would like real time graphing of current route utilizations so we can notice and make changes on the fly should routes to China see increased latency over a certain backbone (Level(3) or Global Crossing). We need something more in-depth than Netflow as we need to watch our current outgoing paths that our customers are using. Suggestions anyone?

Something basic like PRTG network monitor lets you see things like ping per hop of your network.
    Can be useful for working out where problems are.
    Genearlly I would look for a mixture of tools as you can never normally find all required features in a single system and its also better to have backups.
    Have a look at things like zenoss as well.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

I use pingplotter. Works great.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Quote Originally Posted by jabcott View Post
    I have been tasked with researching the available options in software that monitor network route paths out from our network that shows latencies and packet loss, etc. We would like real time graphing of current route utilizations so we can notice and make changes on the fly should routes to China see increased latency over a certain backbone (Level(3) or Global Crossing). We need something more in-depth than Netflow as we need to watch our current outgoing paths that our customers are using. Suggestions anyone?
    Arbor is quite nice, but also quite pricey.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

I should mention I am looking for software that monitors latency external to our network, not internally. Paths coming and going from our network so that we are able to identify problems and congestion and drop certain providers from our BGP or request them to re-route.

Quote Originally Posted by jabcott View Post
    I should mention I am looking for software that monitors latency external to our network, not internally. Paths coming and going from our network so that we are able to identify problems and congestion and drop certain providers from our BGP or request them to re-route.
    Right. Arbor Peakflow definitely does what you want.

http://www.arbornetworks.com/index.p...465&Itemid=692
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

Another view for smokeping, works wonders for us.