Tripp Lite PDU's

I've seen a few of them in use with Interserver's colo clients.. they look pretty nice..

I was looking at this one: http://www.tripplite.com/shared/prod...en/PDUMV20.pdf

I can get one of those shipped here for $105. It's metered too. Only downside is its not managed.

Question for you guys.. are those PDU's good? Anyone used?

They seem really nice.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

Were starting to see more and more of that specific model in our DC. They seem pretty solid, with only a few reported failures in the past two years. (customers running them at 19-20A under normal load, kinda inevitable, ugh)

At the price compared to their APC equivalent they are a heck of a deal. Never had to deal with their warranty process though, unsure if its up to APC standards.

All the ones I've seen seem solid.. only thing I've seen an issue was a couple of the PDU's had flickering displays.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

I never tried that model but have done in few of those http://www.tripplite.com/en/products...xtModelID=3345
    They're managed, but had to ask twice for RMA due to bad SNMP cards and that was done in less than a week though, other than that it runs perfectly.
    Mostafa
    http://www.Venatra.com
    Venatra.com .:. Specializing in VPS Hosting

I've tried tripplite, and although they have a good product, I've had less trouble and more reliability out of APC products. But, that's just me. With 3 DC locations, I have quite a few, and just use what seems to get the most mileage with least amount of trouble.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Douglas,

I've used them with great success. While I don't need to remotely graph and monitor power usage the LED display is good enough for monthly audits. We run an APC Masterswitch off them for remote reboot capabilities, combined cost is $200 which is far less then a single 1U unit with LED power usage/remote reboot capabilities.

Just make sure you buy the 20A units and not the 15A or you'll end up needing two for a 20A circuit.

A friend of mine had an issue with the "remote rebooting" feature where sometimes it would power on servers he had powered off in the rack when he cycled a different outlet.

Other than that, it has worked just fine. He was a bit sad though because he paid extra for the remote reboot features.

We have had a few clients use similar models to the ones mentioned only managed without a problem. We recommend APC but if it's not in the budget, you need to go with what you can afford if it does what you need. Personally, I only buy APC equipment as I have had to use their equipment warranty services before for one of my home computers. It was a breeze to get through all that, little paper work and very quick solutions. Worth the cost in my opinion but I do not know anything about Tripp Lite's warranty process.
    Mean Servers - Mean Business
    █ Denver & Los Angeles - Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Managed Services
    Mean Servers - www.MeanServers.com