Smile Is iDevAffiliate software good?

Hello,
    have somebody used iDevAffiliate affiliate software? What do you think about it?

Thanks.

I love it. With that being said though, I've not really tried any competitors to compare it to. I love everything about idev though, so I wouldn't really ever need to. It does what it's meant to and then some. =)
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

I never personally used it but I do know people that do and they have nothing but great things to say about it. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

They're the best affiliate software out there. I would highly recommend it.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

No, is horrible and their support is worst than the product.

Take a look to http://jam.jrox.com/ instead.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hostbite View Post
    Hello,
    have somebody used iDevAffiliate affiliate software? What do you think about it?

Thanks.

I can't speak for everyone, but we were very dissatisfied with both iDev and jrox.com's affiliate products

Dan
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

I can't speak for everyone, but we were very dissatisfied with both iDev and jrox.com's affiliate products
    I'm curious, what exactly made you happy, what was missing, was wasn't working right?

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    I'm curious, what exactly made you happy, what was missing, was wasn't working right?

Both products are lacking in so many areas. For one, reporting... I can't get the detailed reports I need. Neither has good QuickBooks integration, if any, which is a must for any business that has an accounting infrastructure. Neither system is particularly intuitive, they are both, well poorly supported and disappointing.

Sadly, we have to use one of them @ SH right now for lack of better options. At my past company, we were so frustrated and our affiliate program was so important that we wrote our own system from the ground up.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

I will echo the support issue. iDev mostly meets our needs and we are fine with how it runs but trying to figure some things out and get help was painful.
    Hosting Nation Data Inc.
    http://www.hostingnation.ca
    Shared and Cloud Hosting for agencies and small businesses

I bought a copy and it's easy to install and use and has loads of features.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post

Why its horrible?

I'm not sure if they improved it now, because I stopped to use it a couple of years ago when their support was literally non-existent. At that point the software were full of bugs, not tracking orders correctly and whenever you entered a help desk ticket with them that request were deleted in hours or unanswered for ever, that behavior was maintained for months.
    I moved out from there to not ever come back, that crappy company/software made me lose affiliates and money. They are not serious, look somewhere else.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post

Why its horrible?

I guess I need to review more about both of these products before choosing one or the other. Let me ask, what would prevent me from simply keeping my own database regarding affiliates, rather than buying some software that does it for me with extra bells and whistles. I'm thinking this is a topic that could be solved with an excel spreadsheet and some typing.

Seems pretty good to me. Installs flawlessly and easy to figure out. I bought a copy in 2005 for testing then dropped the project. 4 years later and two full versions and they upgraded it to the latest version for free.

we use idev affiliate, very happy with it. when searching it was either them or http://www.jrox.com, both seemed like top-notch products, but we went with idev and the support guys work their butt off

also, http://webmasterchecks.com is good for the affiliate payment side of it

Personally we have never used it, but have heard great things about it, so pretty sure it's worth the buy (as long as your getting plenty of affiliates signing up)