how to loose a lot - VAServ Ltd

hello

I have lost all my data with this issue

8-June

As many of you are aware, we were hacked today around 7pm GMT and portion of our service has been cut off (mostly US and portion of UK servers). At this point, due to a security bug recently discovered in HyperVM panel, we've brought down most of our VPS nodes and are investigating situation. At this time we do not have an ETA on this, but we want to stress out that we have the whole team, onsite DC staff on each location + some extra help connected and working on the situation.

and then I've got email with this

9-June

- We will be applying 2 months worth of credits in case you have suffered lost of your data

So then I replied PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT I'VE LOST A LOT
    WITH YOU ALREADY (ALL OF MY DATA, NO BACKUPS!)

Today

They're asking to close an invoice !!
    I answered that I asked them to delete my account.
    They wrote me I have to do it myself (did i delete all my data myself too??) Several times I asked them to leave me alone

Guys what do you think do I need to pay for invoice just to close my account??
    It's not Fair!

Invoice Date: 29/07/2009
    Due Date: 28/07/2009
    VZSP (28/07/2009 - 27/10/2009)

That mean

29/07 - last date of my paid hosting
    + 2 month for data lost
    = till 29/09 i don't have to pay

I had exactly the same problem with them.
    They informed me that failure to close the account my self would cause for even more invoices to be generated which they would "prosecuted further".
    I simply replied that is your right, as it is mine to block all emails from yourself which i will be doing shortly.
    2min later they closed my account...
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

We have asked you a number of times to compelte our standard cancellation procedure. This involves logging into the billing system and clicking a single button. We ask all users to do this to avoid any confusion over when cancellations take place. Like all companies we have cancellation procedures in place and have asked you on 4 seperate tickets/occasions to follow this. So I will again ask you we will happily accept your cancellation but you need to follow the procedure that we have put in our billing tickets. I will copy it here for clarity
    Hello,

To cancel your account with us, please login to billing over at https://secure.fsckvps.com/

Then, click "My Products & Services".

Find the plan you want to cancel and click the green arrow on the right hand side of the screen.

Click "Request Cancellation".

Fill out the details then press "Request Cancellation".

Please remember that you have agreed to our Terms of Service. Our terms state that all cancellations must be received at least 1 (one) days prior to your next package billing renewal date. If your cancellation request is submitted less than 1 (one) days before this date, the monthly fees/invoice will be considered due and must be paid before we can accept cancellation.

We hope that you have enjoyed excellent service. If you feel that we have not provided our usual high level of service, please include your comments when submitting the cancellation form. We use your feedback to improve client experience.

Thank you
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

I will close my account MYSELF ok
    just delete last invoice
    calculate yourself - till 29/09 my service should be free

It's not my mistake that you didn't include 2 free month for data lost

Quote Originally Posted by mikrolux View Post
    I will close my account MYSELF ok
    just delete last invoice
    calculate yourself - till 29/09 my service should be free

It's not my mistake that you didn't include 2 free month for data lost
    WHT is not our support desk. If you want to speak about your account then please open a billing ticket.

Your support account doesn't want to solve this problem.
    I wrote that is your mistake.
    I will delete my account myself ok !
    But only when you remove incorrect invoice

Quote Originally Posted by mikrolux View Post
    Your support account doesn't want to solve this problem.
    I wrote that is your mistake.
    I will delete my account myself ok !
    But only when you remove incorrect invoice
    Again WHT is not our support desk. If you want someone to review your account then please open a billing ticket explaining the situation and someone will get back to you.

Had the same problem, I just paid the invoice - BlueSquare billing answered me on the 14th and i've heard nothing since and the ticket is still sat open.

After speaking with Kody on MSN (who really is a credit to VAServ) I paid the invoice - for a second time - after he confirmed what I was after, not sure why they still haven't bothered answering the ticket though.

Can't say BlueSquare's Billing team impresses me though.

I have the same problem - I can't login to the FSCKVPS client center to cancel and the password reminders don't work.

I have submitted a ticket but as usual with the last few, I expect it will go unanswered for several weeks.

Sad to see what happened to FSCKVPS - I recommended them to so many of my colleagues and am constantly reminded of the disaster they caused.
    Jason (JC) Morris, Vice President - Technology
    TechWest Hosting - Enterprise Plesk & cPanel Hosting Since 2003!
    Shared & Reseller Hosting on Dell Quad Core 5420 Servers w/ RAID 10 in Multiple Datacenters!
    Ruby on Rails, FFMPEG, Fantastico, RVSiteBuilder, RVSkins, Nightly Off-site Backups, Clustered DNS!

Wow - Vladimir is on it today!

My account is closed now - now I can move on with life...
    Jason (JC) Morris, Vice President - Technology
    TechWest Hosting - Enterprise Plesk & cPanel Hosting Since 2003!
    Shared & Reseller Hosting on Dell Quad Core 5420 Servers w/ RAID 10 in Multiple Datacenters!
    Ruby on Rails, FFMPEG, Fantastico, RVSiteBuilder, RVSkins, Nightly Off-site Backups, Clustered DNS!