the best web hosting company

who is the best web hosting company?

Anybody can claim to be the best, and "the best" is a subjective term. You should be asking "who is the best hosting company for me?"

Providing details on what you require so people can better point it out for you.

in general who is the best, dreamhost or hostgator?

Between those two? I'd say Gator, but that's very 'general.'

also, do dreamhost or hostgator offer ffpmeg for their regular hosting package? i'm looking for the best and cheap ffpmeg hosting possible.

Between the two I would say HostGator. I never had hosting with them personally but I've seen reviews over the years and they always seemed like a decent company.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

so, hostgator is a no

It would seem that way, there are some hosts that specialize in offering FFMPEG.

That's like asking "what is the best car", it depends on so many factors.

If you want reliable FFMPEG hosting, check out DownTownHost. it's amazingly hard to find a negative review about their services.
    hi there!

Hostgator is a +1 vote for myself, In regards to speed and reliability. For the time I was with them they were great, Hence to recent contacting them on live sales they seemed to be quite unpleasent and quite un-helpful.

For FFMPEG, I cannot recommend them but Downtownhost seems to be quite a hit for FFMPEG so that would be my class vote
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Well, my attentions lean toward the hostgator as most of there reviews are seems to be positive.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

mediatemple.net

I've said time and again that there's no such thing as best host. A site that provides quality shared hosting solution might be a mediocre when it comes to reseller hosting. So i beleive best host can only be judged by the user. What's goodfor mr A may not necessarily be best for Mr B. All depends on what you wanna acheive with ur website.

i dont know which host is the best...but it definitely is not DreamHost..

hostgator and dreamhost are both no imo, although if I had to choose, I would go with the former.

This is the age old question and like the others said, it really depends on your needs and budget.

I've tried 7 hosting companies that I can recall. And out of those I found 3 that are wonderful. But they all provide different levels of service at different price points.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOnline View Post
    i dont know which host is the best...but it definitely is not DreamHost..
    Not saying I disagree with you but why not Dreamhost?

Quote Originally Posted by db09 View Post
    Not saying I disagree with you but why not Dreamhost?
    1.they have this weird panel with only leftsidebar..
    2.they install very few scripts automatically
    3.their prices on the main website was like 5.90.but when you check out it is 10.90 per/m .5.90 is for yearly payments.and they do not tell you it with good banners or big fonts until check out..it was one year ago or so.i dont know if they still do that little trick...

Quote Originally Posted by GHOnline View Post
    2.they install very few scripts automatically
    3.their prices on the main website was like 5.90.but when you check out it is 10.90 per/m .5.90 is for yearly payments.and they do not tell you it with good banners or big fonts until check out..it was one year ago or so.i dont know if they still do that little trick...
    They charge a $50 setup fee if you want to go monthly, but it's in the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by benthach View Post
    who is the best web hosting company?
    I don't think there will ever be a Best # 1 Web Hosting Company.

I think this because people look for diffrent things when they are looking for web hosting, Some host may offer unlimited disk and bandwidth and run fast, But you can't just say they are the best hosting company because for someone else that company or should I say host is bad in 1 simple little way.

Ever one will always have a little problem with a host or a company in a way and they may be can't even see it but it takes time for it to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    They charge a $50 setup fee if you want to go monthly, but it's in the fine print.

yes another reason not to choose them as "the best host"..what is it..are we buying a dedicated or vps?what are they actually setting up..?

Thats funny I would never pay $50 setup fee. Thats a crazy fee. Just to set up a VPS or a Dedicated Server. You could be saving that money.

I can't say bothered me any.

Actually, things are quire similar over at Hostgator. The advertised price is only available on long term pre-payments.