Need dedicated server with unmetered bandwidth

Hi all, I've been searching around for good unmetered dedicated server to run a video site. I need something reliable and fast. If you know any good hosting company to recommend, please let me know. I already tried Netrackservers.com and I had horrible experience!

Any preference for location (USA, EU, ...) and what kind of budget do you have available for this project?
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

What did you have a horrible experience?
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

I prefer US data center with the following requirements. How much you think the monthly cost for this? I'm paying $399.00 for my other site at 10tb.com and I want to use different hosting company for this new site. Perhaps colocation is good?

Core 2 quad or Xeon CPU
    4GB RAM
    500GB HDD
    100mbps uplink (Dedicated not shared)

What hardware/bandwidth requirements do you have for this server? That may help with narrowing down the recommendations, along with the budget request already posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney-E2 View Post
    What did you have a horrible experience?
    I thought I had a good deal when I saw their website offering unmetered bandwidth so I went a head and ordered the $119.00 package. 3 weeks later, after spending a lot of money for my scripts and the admin who configured my server FFMPEG, lighttpd etc. and they informed me that my bandwidth has been capped due to heavy usage and they've decreased my uplink from 100mbps to 1mbps or something (Very Slow). They offered me an option to keep same speed, however the payment will increase from $119.00 $599.00. I asked them to cancel the service and they did, but they never send a refund! Their website says "30 DAY MONEY BACK".

I doubt even with colo that you can get lower than 400$ or perhaps even the same sort of pricing. FDCServers might be able to help you out with this sort of requirement.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

They offered you 100Mbps Dedicated then capped you because you actually used it? That is insane. I would be switching too.

Hello,

We offer unmetered bandwidth, but we do not allow heavy streaming. We have shared nodes, and this specific customer was on route to using over 30 TB of bandwidth, and as you can imagine, this starves the other servers on the same node.

We are sorry it did not work out for you. And yes, we did make you an offer to stay, but it was not $599, it was actually alot cheaper.

Once again, I am sorry it did not work out with us.
    NETRACKSERVERS
    W -http://www.netrackservers.com
    E -mike.domingos @ netrackservers.com
    Twitter -http://www.twitter.com/NETRACKservers

It is true that you probably won't get something much under $400 due to the 100Mbps dedicated bandwidth you require but you should be able to do so around that mark with a much more up-to-date server.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNETRACK View Post
    Hello,

We offer unmetered bandwidth, but we do not allow heavy streaming. We have shared nodes, and this specific customer was on route to using over 30 TB of bandwidth, and as you can imagine, this starves the other servers on the same node.

We are sorry it did not work out for you. And yes, we did make you an offer to stay, but it was not $599, it was actually alot cheaper.

Once again, I am sorry it did not work out with us.
    Yep, that's why we have to move on and start from scratch. BTW, your support is good it's just the bandwidth is what we misunderstood. My partner is the one who ordered this. I told him to search for hosting review prior of purchasing.

Your budget is really sufficient for your required server but with limited bandwidth.
    A good host with quality support will not provide un-metered bandwidth as your mentioned budget of about 400 USD. So, you can make assessment from such test.

you could find a dualcore with 4 gigs ram for that price.

a quadcore will be hard.

That is not unheard of. I have done similar deals such as that.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by cristibighea View Post
    I doubt even with colo that you can get lower than 400$ or perhaps even the same sort of pricing. FDCServers might be able to help you out with this sort of requirement.
    That pricing is really pushing the limits, and will heavily depend on the server specs actually required...and even then the providers that can offer you this will be very limited---but they do exist.

i did bit of search here found FDC advertising shared and dedicated 100mb bandwidth for reasonable price, they indicate how much you can use which is useful. I use FDC so i recommend them.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=880376

another provider with similar specs and clearly saying how much you can use. I don't use them but they seems reasonable.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=883309

If i were you, i would take two servers and split the load especially you said you stream videos.

Thanks for providing these links. I'll take a look and see if that's what I need to run my website. Also, I always use two server for this site. I have separate server for database. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kc7855 View Post
    Also, I always use two server for this site. I have separate server for database. Thanks!
    You can also setup drives with SAS then put the databases in the secondary drive.

This will save you in the long run.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

choopa.net is cheap but have not tried them myself.

http://www.choopa.com/unmetered_servers/

Hit up Choopa.net. They have some offers in the offers section w/$349 for 100Mbps dedicated.

You should check with fdcservers.net, as they seem to specialize in high bw servers. They have pretty decent sales in right now too.

Make sure to ask for dedicated unmetered 100 mbit and not shared. Big difference.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7