iBill, 2Checkout and $750

About a month ago i received an email from ibill saying all of their merchants have to pay $750 in order to continue to accept visa cards.

According to them, all other processors also have to follow this rule, but from some of them i haven't heard anything about it.

2checkout said, it doesn't apply to them.

Does anybody know why it doesn't apply to them ?

Does anybody know why it doesn't apply to them ?
    Only 2checkout would know exactly why, but there was a thread started yesterday in the lounge about this

apparently 2checkout isn't a high risk provider?

I think it is because of their fraud department - They have a good one setup there

I think it's also due, in part, to 2checkout not processing charges for adult sites or gambling - two online industries that have a monstrously high chargeback ratio.

I think that the combination of internal procedures for fraud checking and what types of businesses the CCP will accept determined how Visa is applying their fee requirement.

If you aren't an adult provider...

Ibill has now changed directions and for those who paid the $750 is now refunding them according to a couple of my friends who were in that situation and weren't adult hosts.

If you are an adult host then it still applies. 2CO doesn't provide services for adult hosts so that's why it probably doesn't apply to them. Same with Clickbank.

2checkout isn't a high-risk host or an IPSP (second-tier merchant provider). Because of this there's some extra details a merchant's clients have to be made aware of (ie: 2Checkout is the seller, you provide the service), but in exchange for no $750 charge and a gread fraud-handling service it's hard to go wrong using them.

Sincerely,

-Matt
    Matt Meier, RackNine Inc.
    email: mmeier@racknine.com
    web: http://www.racknine.com

[Rebies made a boo boo]retracting statement now[/stop being stupid]
    Last edited by Rebies; 11-13-2002 at 04:56 PM.

Rebies - Read it all again. He is not reffering to the main post there