Thumbs up FutureHosting.com Ė 16 month review

I have used FutureHosting now since may 2008 and overall Iím very happy with the service they offer.
    I currently have two VPS with them, one main VPS and one backup VPS. Both VPS has 768 MB of RAM, 20 GB disk, Plesk 100 domain and managed services.
    The last month I have had a lot to do with support, since I have moved the backup VPS from UK to US location. Support also discovered some corrupt files on my main VPS and moved the old VPS to a new VPS, and they did all the work transferring all of my files etc.
    Almost all of my tickets are replied to within minutes, but I have some tickets there support has used longer time. But none of the tickets is ďmission criticalĒ so I donít care.

But I have to say that Iím VERY happy with on of their new services: Server Doctor 2.0. Every week a tech logs In to my VPS checking security, software etc. I get a report telling me if there is anything they have to do with my VPS, and I can open tickets to support telling them to fix the problems / or update software etc.
    Itís a very good support service for a cheap price ($3.95/mo). I can say that I have never had so good support on any of my VPS as I have now. And they always try to fix any issue I have.

I have only one ďproblemĒ now, do I keep my backup VPS or not. The last year I have not had any major downtime on my main VPS. Not even when they transferred all my files from the corrupt VPS to a new VPS. So Iím basically paying $30/mo on a VPS I donít need. But itís a good security if my main VPS ever goes down for a long time then.
    But on the other side, with Server Doctor 2.0 services, they takes backup of my VPS every 6 hours, so I think Iím pretty secure?

If anybody is looking for a good VPS provider, with very good servers, very good uptime and very good support, you can be safe using FutureHosting.com (.biz)
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (45+ months), KnownHost.com (45+ months)

Been a happy customer myself since Jan 08.
    Mike

this guys have superb support but due to their promo on here their uk node sucked big time for me (prolly oversoll) i ended up leaving them after few days and staying on eurovps (was looking for cheaper vps) i am running ecommerce so oversold is not good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by evgenim012 View Post
    this guys have superb support but due to their promo on here their uk node sucked big time for me (prolly oversoll) i ended up leaving them after few days and staying on eurovps (was looking for cheaper vps) i am running ecommerce so oversold is not good for me.
    Did you contact support when your VPS was overloaded? I have also had some issues with overloaded server, but after a ticket to support they have moved me to a new node, or moved the person that used to much CPU.
    I have had two or three issues the last 16 months, and they have always fixed the issues within minutes.

My main VPS has a Load Average 0.04, 0.07, 0.03
    My backup VPS has a Load Average 0.0, 0.02, 0.0

So no oversold VPS nodes for me.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)