Thumbs up Site Check: www.mepunk.com - Iframe Scroller

Hi, new here.

Please check my site: www.mepunk.com - I need to know if the iframe scroller works on Internet Explorer version 4.x.

The site is hosted on EHostPros, so please comment on the speed if you can...

Netscape/Mozilla/Other browsers won't see any animation. Also, if anyone has a Mac, please see if my site works on IE v5.x and Netscape for Mac.

Thanks!!

I'm on a Mac running Explorer 5.1.5.

The iframes work fine ... FX and all. Your side links do some weird stuff though. Rolling over them, they jump to the right and the spacing decreses between each link. Kind of odd.

In Netscape 4.7, it's all a mess. See screenshot.

I would recommend preloading your rollover image on your splash page so there isn't a lag when you click to launch. Although I don't see the point of that image. Why not just launch it automatically? Or since it doesn't work well in all browsers, have that page with links to that one for users on Explorer and a different version for Netscape users. As of right now, the image is just making people click one extra time that really doesn't seem necessary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot.jpg  
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

Works fine in IE. Not sure about the speed as I am on HIGH.

Originally posted by AboveCenter
    ...Your side links do some weird stuff though. Rolling over them, they jump to the right and the spacing decreses between each link. Kind of odd.

In Netscape 4.7, it's all a mess. See screenshot.
    I think mac IE is not reading the stylesheet correctly, there's supported to be blurring on the mouseovers.

The Netscape version is all messed up because 4.x doesn't seem to be reading the iframes. I should put a message like "If you can read this, that means you're probably using an outdated browser like Netscape 4.x, welcome to the 90's!" - Nah, that's mean, I think I'll leave it since I'd have to split up the images even more if I make a frameset version for Netscape 4.x.

Thanks for the site check.

I do not think you should put it in a "pop-up" setting. Expand your site into a full browser window. I viewed it in IE 6 with windows Me and it worked fine. I like the changing of the pages; it was a tad bit slow though.
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    [email protected]
    Create.Design.Innovate

site looks great in IE

same in Mozilla 1.1 but scroller doesnt work (jump right, up etc)

speed is OK, site comes up fast
    i m located in greece with a 128k ISDN

keep rockin'
    always chasing the west wind

Originally posted by CDXSolutions
    I do not think you should put it in a "pop-up" setting. Expand your site into a full browser window. I viewed it in IE 6 with windows Me and it worked fine. I like the changing of the pages; it was a tad bit slow though.
    I've tried making it fullscreen already, the problem is that the layout is made for 800x600 res, on 1600x1200, there's too much blank space, so there's no need to make it into a full browser window. The pop-up looks nicer, and you can also maximize it if you want.

Slow? I've tried it on Pentium II's and it doesn't lag at all...
    Originally posted by zephyr
    site looks great in IE

same in Mozilla 1.1 but scroller doesnt work (jump right, up etc)

speed is OK, site comes up fast
    i m located in greece with a 128k ISDN

keep rockin'
    Yeah, there's no animation on Mozilla or Netscape since those browsers can't read the javascript scroller.

Fast in Greece hey? Good to hear. Thanks for the comments!!

I used IE 6.0 on win 2k, works great.