Need help with market price estimate

I am trying to put together a market value analysis for someone who has bunch of Dell PowerEdge servers to sell, but even after looking at e-bay I am not sure of their market value. After looking at all the forums, I felt that this might be the best place to post my request as it seems like lot of people here buy used servers, so if you can provide me with your best estimate as to what is the approximate market value of these servers, I will really appreciate it.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL, I JUST NEED SOME RELIABLE ESTIMATES.

(QTY: 14) Poweredge 2450 / Dual P2 400 MHz / 256 MB / 2, 20GB, No Raid

(QTY: 58) Poweredge 2450 / Dual P3 600 MHz / 512 MB / 2, 20GB, Raid5, PERC-2 HW Controller

(QTY: 12) Poweredge 2450 / Dual P3 733 MHz / 512 MB / 2, 20GB, Raid5, PERC-2 HW Controller

Thanks,
    Sam

Is this for property tax purposes, out of curiousity?

My estimate is about $40000. Of course, if it's for taxes, they want a low estimate. You obviously have some leeway.

Closer to 65k.... You also have a false listing, they have 18.2 gig drives, not 20 gig, and with 2 of them, you cant run raid 5, it just has a raid card...

I say $58k
    Devon Dunham (Owner, Sharpnet/DDoS Host)
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation and Server Management Solutions

Protecting your online infrastructure.

Est. 1998.

market value

haxorboi, I think you are right! it is a dot.com inventory. Right now the prospective seller has just send me the list, I will look at the actual serves in couple of days and will have the exact specs, but hopefully, people will get the idea from my post.

Cheers !

Will you be selling these on here?

Yes, I'm sure a lot of people here would like to know if these are going for public sale.

I'll start the bidding - I will take the worst server in the lot (including the broken one) for $25.

finally !

The servers are finally up for auction, please see my posting in the 'Related offer and Request forum'

Cool stuff *goes to check*
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |