Is GreenGeeks legitimate?

Hello,

I am looking to purchase reseller hosting and came across what seems to be a great deal in greengeeks.com.

For 24.95, you can host 25 domains with unlimited space/bandwidth. For an extra 10 bucks, you can host 50 domains. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these guys and whether or not it is A. reliable and B. as good as it sounds.

The link for the packages is:
    greenresellerwebhosting.com

Thanks,
    Matt

In most cases I would advise against going with web hosts that offer "unlimited" disk space/bandwidth, especially when it comes to reseller hosting. However, I see that this web host sets limits on how many domains/sites you may host or resell. In this case, it may not be as bad but I myself am not sure.

I personally have not heard of this company before. Have you tried doing a search here on WHT or even Google? The best advice is from a client who had first hands experience with them.

They seem a little expensive, I would go with a VPS at those prices rather than a reseller. But if you're interested try researching them or even contacting their support to test out reply times and ask questions.

If you try search on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php when you maybe find a review that made about them. But their prices are expensive as their offers. If you search on WHT when you can find better offers.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

as a reseller you're better off knowing your limits just so you don't end up overselling and have your entire account suspended one way or another. even though they limit how many accounts you open, you and others on the same package can still oversell their packages and end up using space and bandwidth that you may have gotten the chance to u

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    They seem a little expensive, I would go with a VPS at those prices rather than a reseller. But if you're interested try researching them or even contacting their support to test out reply times and ask questions.

I agree,

I also would not advise you to go with "Unlimited" Space and Bandwidth hosts, as there is no such thing. Their plans are quique because they charge by domain.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

No.. never.. Its a Big SCAM..

Pay Attention. STAY AWAY.

They are big cheaters. I paid for reseller hosting 13-sep-2009. Still today i didn't receive my reseller account. I contacted their live support agent for 4 times, their response was very worst.

here below i provide the screenshot of my chating session between me and the greenresellerwebhosting.com live agent.

screenshot :
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/762...webhosting.gif

They will not refund your money. I lost my $25 in there.
    Note:
    They using fake BBB certificate to cheat the members.

Hi!
    They are BBB accredited..but look at young it is:

A BBB Accredited business since 07/17/2009

Bottom line: BBB will happily take anybody's money. You, too, can be accredited if you pay a fee and agree to follow the rules. Now..what is telling is how long you stay accredited and keep that A rating. Only time will tell.

>>>I was able to verify that they are indeed a LLC registered in the state of CA. I could not see it for free..but could verify it exists..which is all I care about.

Bryon
    Last edited by bryonhost1; 09-18-2009 at 04:24 PM.
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Tip for the future : the BBB is worthless. You can make a billion claims against a company, all they have to do is ignore them and after a certain period of time they go away on their own. I learned this the hard way a few years ago.
    Last edited by db09; 09-18-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atenood View Post
    Pay Attention. STAY AWAY.

They are big cheaters. I paid for reseller hosting 13-sep-2009. Still today i didn't receive my reseller account. I contacted their live support agent for 4 times, their response was very worst.

here below i provide the screenshot of my chating session between me and the greenresellerwebhosting.com live agent.

screenshot :
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/762...webhosting.gif

They will not refund your money. I lost my $25 in there.
    Note:
    They using fake BBB certificate to cheat the members.
    Based on your other thread (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...6&postcount=22), clearly shows that you didn't follow instructions properly. Their reps response also shows that they didn't scam anyone. Seems like you're just out to talk crap.

Quote Originally Posted by db09 View Post
    Tip for the future : the BBB is worthless. You can make a billion claims against a company, all they have to do is ignore them and after a certain period of time they go away on their own. I learned this the hard way a few years ago.
    I'd have to disagree. I've had a company before with horrible reviews on BBB because I ignored the complaints coming in. I learned the hard way by not dealing with the requests that come in.