HiVelocity going on 1 month review ....

I will try to give only the facts and am hoping to not have the Hivelocity representative tear me a new one .

I was jumping around from host to host trying to find something that fits for me, I am a really picky client I would say about as picky as they get. I had been with HiVelocity in the past but the project I was working on didn't pan out and I was in the market for a server.

Sales: (9/10)
    I noticed their deal with the Core2Duo and decided to the take the plunge. Drew was very helpful and was on live chat with me throughout the whole ordering process. The one thing that peeves me is that no where I have noticed does it mention you need to send copy of drivers license and sign the HiVelocity sheets, its business practice for them and that's fine, but I did not know about it the first time signing up.

Support: (7/10)
    This is where my grief lies.
    1)When ordering the server I had agreed to get 100MB port ( That was not given until about a week after when I noticed I never download updates / anything beyond 1.2 mb/sec)
    2)I am running VPS containers and openvz and 64bit os don't like eachother and I have fubared the kernel a couple times until getting it to run properly, they have been amazing at restarting the server in the proper kernel.
    3)Due to step 2 at one point it was completely messed, I needed to install new os, but did not want to pay the 65 reload fee so I asked for shared vpn and installed itmyself AMAZING ONCE it got it running properly. (read below for full story)
    4)MRTG Graphs were not setup with the server and I had to create a ticket on the 14th was asked for ip sent email back with info only until today when I talked to live support did they know that I had a ticket - they are looking at it now - 3 days after ( I understand the weekend but nothing no looking at it just dead silence - and me sending a ticket asking whats happening )

Story:
    This is why they got 7/10 in this category. When initially setting up the shared KVM something was setup wrong and it was installed on the uplink port or something making my server unable to connect to internet. Only after a couple days was that figured out - which in the meantime was me thinking and reloading os that I had messed it up. The guys at HiVelocity have been great, WITH the exception of one that one gave me the wrong ip for the kvm, installed the kvm on the wrong port, and dropped my ticket about mrtg graphs. Joe, Gary and Conal have been nice and helpful and fixed things that the one person didn't do properly in my opinion. If the hivelocity representative reads this and wants to know the one person I will be gladly to give the info and ticket numbers. Please pm me.

Network: (9/10)
    I am so happy with the network I cannot say any more. It is fast for me, and practically everyone I talk to.

Overall I have found my new home, and am here to stay.

HiVelocityGM: Can I request when needing to create tickets NOT to have a certain person look at the ticket?
    - Premium custom hosting! Contact me for more details!

Quote Originally Posted by BoggeRs View Post
    I will try to give only the facts and am hoping to not have the Hivelocity representative tear me a new one .

I was jumping around from host to host trying to find something that fits for me, I am a really picky client I would say about as picky as they get. I had been with HiVelocity in the past but the project I was working on didn't pan out and I was in the market for a server.

Sales: (9/10)
    I noticed their deal with the Core2Duo and decided to the take the plunge. Drew was very helpful and was on live chat with me throughout the whole ordering process. The one thing that peeves me is that no where I have noticed does it mention you need to send copy of drivers license and sign the HiVelocity sheets, its business practice for them and that's fine, but I did not know about it the first time signing up.

Support: (7/10)
    This is where my grief lies.
    1)When ordering the server I had agreed to get 100MB port ( That was not given until about a week after when I noticed I never download updates / anything beyond 1.2 mb/sec)
    2)I am running VPS containers and openvz and 64bit os don't like eachother and I have fubared the kernel a couple times until getting it to run properly, they have been amazing at restarting the server in the proper kernel.
    3)Due to step 2 at one point it was completely messed, I needed to install new os, but did not want to pay the 65 reload fee so I asked for shared vpn and installed itmyself AMAZING ONCE it got it running properly. (read below for full story)
    4)MRTG Graphs were not setup with the server and I had to create a ticket on the 14th was asked for ip sent email back with info only until today when I talked to live support did they know that I had a ticket - they are looking at it now - 3 days after ( I understand the weekend but nothing no looking at it just dead silence - and me sending a ticket asking whats happening )

Story:
    This is why they got 7/10 in this category. When initially setting up the shared KVM something was setup wrong and it was installed on the uplink port or something making my server unable to connect to internet. Only after a couple days was that figured out - which in the meantime was me thinking and reloading os that I had messed it up. The guys at HiVelocity have been great, WITH the exception of one that one gave me the wrong ip for the kvm, installed the kvm on the wrong port, and dropped my ticket about mrtg graphs. Joe, Gary and Conal have been nice and helpful and fixed things that the one person didn't do properly in my opinion. If the hivelocity representative reads this and wants to know the one person I will be gladly to give the info and ticket numbers. Please pm me.

Network: (9/10)
    I am so happy with the network I cannot say any more. It is fast for me, and practically everyone I talk to.

Overall I have found my new home, and am here to stay.

HiVelocityGM: Can I request when needing to create tickets NOT to have a certain person look at the ticket?
    Thanks for the review. The reason your MRTG ticket was not worked on over the weekend is due to it being an issue our programmer has to fix. Our programmer works Monday- Friday. Someone should have explained this to you when you first opened the ticket.

If you are not happy with one of our techs then you can certainly specify in the ticket that you wish for him/her to not work on it. I am curious to hear about why you feel this way. Please email me directly.

I am happy your overall experience with Hivelocity has been positive. I would love the opportunity to speak with you so we can work on getting a few more points out of you on your next review.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials