looking for a semi-dedicated/VPS

Hello, i'm looking for a semi-dedicated or a a decent vps for personal use with the lowest possible users, what i'm looking for is 2GB of RAM, 80Gb HDD, 2500 BW,/100MB or 1GB, 2 dedicated Ip, 3.0 GB CPU usage guarantied, video support, remote desktop, price ~35$(negotiable)
    Last edited by dede110; 08-17-2009 at 02:08 PM.

How far away from 35 dollars are you willing to go?

i can go up to 40$

I'd suggest setting your budget a bit higher. Have you had a look in the VPS offers forum? There's quite a number of reputable hosting offers over there.

Good luck in your VPS search.
    In2net Network Inc. ( www.in2net.com ) : Providing Service Since 1996!
    Quick Sales Response - [email protected]
    Virtual Private Servers : VPS Hosting - Ask us about our Managed Hosting services, too!
    30-Day MoneyBack Guarantee

yes shaki i have but i didn't meet something that suits my needs that's why i made this request, i hope someone would help me out

Hi there,

You're going to have to either bump up your budjet or reduce resource needs.

Regards
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

I'd also be looking for something like that, only what I'm looking for is 1.5GB of RAM, 60Gb HDD, 800GB+, 3 dedicated IP, video support, & cPanel ~ 35$

So dede110 if you find anything like that, let me know

Guys, I don't think you'd find too many offerings for the specs you want to use in the price range of $35- $40. If anyone does it this means they have really good and very expensive configuration or a cluster, or they just oversell. 2 GB of RAM means that a very powerful server configuration would host no more than 30 - 36 VPS's. It doesn't pay the costs. When it comes to a cluster or cloud I don;t even think that this price is possible, because no would invests 10 thousands on hardware and software only to underbid the market.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

so what is the suitable price for such an offer, i mean i already found a dedicated server with those specs :

We can offer you the following setup:

Processors: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz

Memory: 2GB RAM

Hard Disk: 1x 250GB 7,200rpm

RAID: No RAID

Control Panel: None

Bandwidth: 4,000GB Bandwidth Per Month

Port Speed: Dedicated 100Mbit Port

Cost: Setup cost of $99.00 followed by $60.00 per month (Excludes VAT at 15.0%)
    i just can't afford the setup cost and was looking for something cheaper that's why i went to semi-dedicated

Hi,

According to your budget you should go for VPS if you can compromise with hardware requirement. Otherwise you will have to increase your budget.
    Thanks,
    Netedge Technology 24x7 webhosting support, Monthly server management, Dedicated support.
    Nelichso Live chat support software

Are you talking Windows or Linux VPS here?

windows as i mentioned remote desktop, and the price i suggested could be negotiable..

You'll need to look at a Windows Virtuozzo VPS if you require 1 GB of RAM for under $40 per month. From experience Virtuozzo doesn't tend to support video support though.

Quote Originally Posted by dede110 View Post
    so what is the suitable price for such an offer, i mean i already found a dedicated server with those specs :

i just can't afford the setup cost and was looking for something cheaper that's why i went to semi-dedicated
    If you really want dedicated resources, you will need to spend. I'd recommend you to speak to dedicated provider who gave you above quote and see if they are willing to discount setup fees for you. Other option will be to get Hyper-V or Xen based VPS for dedicated RAM and better level of isolation (Hardware virtualization); but again you will need to look at spending somewhere close to $70 for this. If it still does not fit into your budget, you are left with getting Virtuozzo VPS (no dedicated RAM, virtualizes OS rather than Hardware and prone to overselling).
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's