* what hosting server can be suitable for my website ! plz advie me !

dear WHT memebers,

i'm creating a website for my biz,
    i's a static portal, i'm using some ready-to-use templates, & i'm going to make a flash banner,+ html language, ( & no database for the moment)

so, do u think that LINUX hosting can be suitable for this website, or should i use windows server (ASP.NET) ???
    plz,advice me,i'm a beginer in website hosting

thnx,

I suppose the simpliest shared linux web hosting account will be fine for you. I suppose that you will go wrong way if you go with dedicated server

Linux is fine.

Do you really need a server or maybe just a shared hosting is enough?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

If its just a static website, then a low-end VPS would do. You can then upgrade to a dedicated if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by lemeneid View Post
    If its just a static website, then a low-end VPS would do. You can then upgrade to a dedicated if necessary.
    Well, it seems he don't even need a vps...
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

i am intending to host my website not to rent server,
    i'v small size website maybe less than 16MB coz i'l use only a Flash Logo (banner) ,& few text , it'l be static website,

so do u think that Lunix hosting will be suitable for this website ??

again,thnx for the relpies

* Moved to Web Hosting Forum....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

yea linux* will be suitable - just get a host with cPanel or a good control panel and set things up - you're not running anything that needs windows hosting and windows will only increase your cost. stay with cPanel and since its a small static site, you don't even need a vps as net has said above.

If you need to upgrade later on, slowly make that change - not too hard

good luck

+1 for linux shared hosting, a site that size should be fine. Do you do any type of custom programming? i.e. ASP.NET, PHP, Perl, etc...? Or just getting into things?

A basic Linux shared hosting package should meet your requirements. Opt for a Linux shared hosting plan which includes cPanel control panel. cPanel is a industry leading control panel, which makes the website management very easy. You will be quick to pick up the ropes with it. Don't go for any customize control panel, because it creates problem when you switch from one hosting provider to another. Go for cPanel shared hosting, it would surely make your life easy.
    WebHosting.UK.com - WHUK :: Leader in Web Hosting since 2001
    cPanel Hosting | Windows Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Hyper-V VPS | Cloud Hosting
    Dedicated Servers in UK by WHUK - Fully Managed UK dedicated servers with 24x7x365 Support.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    +1 for linux shared hosting, a site that size should be fine. Do you do any type of custom programming? i.e. ASP.NET, PHP, Perl, etc...? Or just getting into things?
    thnx for ur suggestions,
    i'l use website for only info not for account registration;

i think that Linux will be fine as i'v about 16Mo or less of website total size, & i expect only very few traffic,
    what i want to be sure of is the convinience of Linux since i'm using flash logo,

that'l all,

As many have mentioned, the standard Linux hosting account will be fine you. A dedicated server is definitely not an option you should consider.

You'll be looking to pay around $5 - 15 for a decent package depending on your specification. Do you have a specification?

You can use linux shared hosting. For that you wont need anything bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Oliver View Post
    As many have mentioned, the standard Linux hosting account will be fine you. A dedicated server is definitely not an option you should consider.

You'll be looking to pay around $5 - 15 for a decent package depending on your specification. Do you have a specification?
    another issue just thought of now is that will i be able to control my Linux hosted website ( to update my website ) knowing that i'm using windows xp in my coputer !

thnx

Quote Originally Posted by rigliz View Post
    another issue just thought of now is that will i be able to control my Linux hosted website ( to update my website ) knowing that i'm using windows xp in my coputer !

thnx
    Yes, indeed. For example, if you were to use cPanel as the control panel for your website, you would access it at a webpage, log-in and take full control of your website from there - regardless of your OS (XP).

Many hosts will offer cPanel with their shared hosting.

Linux hosting and Windows hosting make no difference what system you are using. Be it Windows, Mac, Linux, etc... It's all web based through your browser in most cases. So as long as you have Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome it does not matter. :-)

cPanel makes it easy as pie

Ah the goodies. Mike strikes again

Seems that my input is not needed, All I can say is with years of linux experience you can't go wrong.

Never liked Windows Hosting even though it shows the same way.

For a beginner Linux is recommended. As your site isn't running ASP or other windows programs it's not needed.

Good Luck!
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

thnx for evey word you say, i like this forum,
    poeple here are very friendly & helpful ,
    thnxxxx very much
    good luck everyone,
    i'l not hesitate asking more questions when needed

Good, I'm glad to see that you're benefiting from the help of this community. Good luck in finding a web host.

Always Linux if you ask me. Sounds like you just need a good shared hosting account and not a full server. Do your research, but your looking around 9.95 a month for a good quality hosting company.

www.getinspace.com

Boutique Dedicated Servers, VPS and Managed Servers 877-711-HOST

I suggest you use linux because it's more secure and much more stable in general, although there is no Linux per se, but many flavors of it. Linux handles high numbers of processes running at the same time much better than Windows - that Windows' stability decreases faster when more processes run on the machine. Personally I would use Linux as the "default option" because of its widespread use, renowned stability, reliability and level of security and - why not mention - lower costs. However, some things are not available on the Linux platform. If your needs cannot be fully met by a Linux server, but they can be by a Windows server, then that's the time when Windows will definitely be the better choice. And I suggest you to use shared hosting