VLAN support and hardware replacement SLA

After looking for a really really long time, I can't find someone that provides the exact mix of features I need. Hopefully someone can help.

For the server, I need:

4 CPUs showing up in the OS. (quad or dual+hyperthreading)
    4 GB of ram.
    2 x SAS or SATA hard drives. Small+fast SAS drives preferred, but SATA is ok.
    Hardware RAID.
    VLAN (5 usable IPs needed).

For the datacenter/supplier, I need:

100 megabit port with 2000 gigabytes of bandwidth.
    ~6 hour hardware fix SLA.
    "rescue mode" / remote OS installations.
    Either KVM or serial over IPMI access.
    99.9% network uptime.

Does anyone know of a company with that blend of features I need?

Serverloft do all of this perfectly apart from VLANs (yet, they plan to offer VLANs soon).

Worldstream.nl do VLANs but I'm not sure about the rest, plus once you add the price of the SLA, VAT and non-monthly payment, it's not *that* cheap.

I need the VLAN support as I want to use virtualisation with bridged networking. Most providers seem to only allow one MAC address per switch port for security reasons, so the bridged networking doesn't work. I need a company that will let me do my own thing with my IPs in a VLAN.

As for the budget... well, as cheap as it's possible to get all these things done properly. Serverloft gave me all these things apart from VLANs for $99, so I know it's possible... I would be staying with them if it wasn't for that.

Thanks!
    Last edited by stephanhughson; 08-17-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Yeah I know. I was amazed when I found serverloft doing it for that. On Fujitsu servers as well.

However, there is no VLAN support so that's the problem.

My budget isn't actually $99, it can be higher, just whatever it costs to have that exact mix of features.

You'll probably have a hard time getting everything you want for that price, though SoftLayer may be of help, unless you only need Europe servers.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Thanks. I'll check them out.

The European servers seem slightly less expensive so far and I am in Europe anyway so it makes sense. I'm fine with servers anywhere though, America for example.

In Europe you will always end up paying VAT (since you are living in Europe as well). If you opt for a American provider, you avoid the VAT.

I think all providers give you what you need, but 99$ is a very tight budget for that hardware wish and SLA. Maybe you should go for two smaller servers and a good backup solution, alternatively you can choose for a High Availability solution.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

That's a good point about the VAT, very useful thanks.

My budget isn't $99 by the way, that's just what serverloft were able to do it for (minus the VLANS). I'm willing to pay more for the right mix of features.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanhughson View Post
    Yeah I know. I was amazed when I found serverloft doing it for that. On Fujitsu servers as well.

However, there is no VLAN support so that's the problem.

My budget isn't actually $99, it can be higher, just whatever it costs to have that exact mix of features.
    You need a lot and not ready to pay for that. So maybe that is better continue your search on the digital point forums? They have a lot of offers and you will be pleased with them, but I suppose they are not the ones you would like to stay for ages

Quote Originally Posted by stephanhughson View Post
    That's a good point about the VAT, very useful thanks.

My budget isn't $99 by the way, that's just what serverloft were able to do it for (minus the VLANS). I'm willing to pay more for the right mix of features.
    What you are asking is a tall order for $99. I realize you got the $99 figure from serverloft but even serverloft does not have SAS specs for $99. Jumping from SATA to SAS is quite expensive as the drives are considerably more expensive. Additionally, you are asking for hardware RAID which adds additional cost. You may well find what you are looking for in that price range but I would recommend adding at least $150-200 to your budget.
    ZZ Servers - Business Hosting, HIPAA and PCI Compliant Hosting Solutions - http://www.zzservers.com
    Xen Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting
    Custom configurations, firewall, VPN, load balancers, private networks and more.