Chargebacks after closure?

I've recently closed my account and I have received a dispute. However, PayPal even if the good is intangible, if I do not respond to a dispute then the buyer will win. I've received an e-mail about the new dispute, but me account is closed so I am unable to answer. Is this a PayPal bug or am I just missing something?

Ring them up and ask, there are a lot of spoof emails going around now a days. Don't forget to double check the email etc.

Not till the day hackers find a way to hack a phone line we are safe (for the moment).

Hi,

I'd definitely recommend contacting Paypal instead of ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by AHN-Andrew View Post
    Not till the day hackers find a way to hack a phone line we are safe (for the moment).
    This can be done and has been done many times. With some service providers it's fairly trivial to convince them to forward it to a Skype or VOIP number. It's always important to verify the person your talking with actually has information only your provider has before providing information on your account.
    Common sense is not so common.

Did you end up contacting PayPal? What did they advise you to do?
    Stephanie Ostheimer
    Director of Account Management
    SingleHop Dedicated Servers

Generally it goes if you had an LLC or similar legal entity then you are probably safe from creditors. If however you are a sole trader / individual then you can be personally liabile. How much is the chargeback for?
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by AHN-Andrew View Post
    Ring them up and ask, there are a lot of spoof emails going around now a days. Don't forget to double check the email etc.

Thanks to VoIP callerID's can be spoofed now, although I don't think its possible to spoof an incoming route.