Looking for a new VPS host

My current host, Quillhost, has disappointed me (I'll write a review later), it has been over 2 weeks since I've been without the VPS, I was way beyond patient (some people would not wait even 2 days offline) because their offer was good, their service is not.

I'm now searching for a new host. My previous plan was an un-managed VPS with 16 IPs available for $10.

wow 2 weeks and no server, don't know how you survive.
    That's a lot of IP's you need, you should find somewhere in the offers with a similar deal.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

16 IPs is good, I would be ok with 10 as well (using them on squid). That is my main use of the VPS.

Please do not offend but I think that you have chosen a company to disappoint you. A $10 is not a price that means reliability when it comes to a virtual private server. You should be able to double you budget to get a quality low cost VPS, and I have to say that they might not be enough. Just go search for some reviews in WHT and find out how much people pay for VPS hosting with any good hosting providers.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Agree with hostColor, I would not expect too much with USD 10/month. But at the same time, if they had the courage to sell it - they should at least make sure that the service is up and running..

+1

Maybe next time you will want to try not the ultra-discounted-offer...

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

$10/mo is worth it just for the 16 IPs

The IPs were my only use of the VPS (not the main as I wrote earlier).

Thats if you can ever use those IP's consistently. I agree with the others here you need to have a realistic budget as to what QUALITY hosting costs.

Hi,

How much Space, RAM and Bandiwdth do you require?
    Thanks,
    Netedge Technology 24x7 webhosting support, Monthly server management, Dedicated support.
    Nelichso Live chat support software

Aquarius Storage is doing a great job with my VPS!

I need the VPS to be located in the US or Canada. 256 real RAM (or 512) will do. Space and bandwith are not as important.

Still looking guys.

Well, How about going with vps.net and getting one node with $20 a month. At least you would get a solid platform with a good provider

You would really need to consider enlarging your budget or investigate if you really need that many dedicated Ip's to run your sites / applications.

I don't require (for now) 16 or even 10 IPs. A couple/some IPs will be fine for now.

Quote Originally Posted by dormantfuss View Post
    My previous plan was an un-managed VPS with 16 IPs available for $10.
    That should have been your first sign of possible trouble. You need to lift your budget to get reliable hosting. Also try and chose a host which has been in business a few years (min 3 years).

You had a VPS with 16 IP's or 10$ a month? Most data centers sell IP's at 1$ per IP. Some charge upwards of 1.50$ and I don't know of anyone who goes lower then .50cents per IP. That company was operating and providing you hosting at a HUGE loss to them. Expand your budget and find a real provider. A VPS is not "free" nor should it be. It should also not be 10$ a month, especially when they are providing you 16 IP's! Holy Crap.

Hi,

I highly do NOT agree with the monetization spirit that is believed by users in this board.

IP have virtually no real price. Sure, we pay for them, and we got to have a return on the investment (we just had to pay 3K to APNIC for this year, so it's not exactly free). But giving more IPs to a customer is NOT something dealing with money. The IP usage has to be justified.

If there's a good enough justification, we don't mind giving them for free in some cases. If there's no justification, and even if the customer is willing to pay for them, we say no.

In fact, all hosts should be working this way. Remember that at anytime, a hosting company can be audited for it's IP usage. It happened to us in Florida, and it was not so nice to do (took quite some time). The authorities can ask for a list like this: IP / customer name / usage. If you don't feel it properly, you can get your IPs removed. That's as easy as this!

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel