BananaBit Technology - Review

I'll update this as my experience continues.

Pre/Initial Sales Experience
    In searching for a new provider again, my preference is usually for something on the west coast. Having come across BananaBit's ad in the Dedicated Offers forum. While I was initially a little turned off by some of the replies, the benefit of the doubt goes to them though as they are a new company to the scene. My price range usually falls in the 'bargain basement' category, simply because I'd rather have 3 or 4 dedicated servers with different providers in different places instead of spending 150-300 a month for one box in one place. While their website showed a slightly different configuration for a little bit more then what was in the ad, BananaBit's $55/month server's fit nicely into my pricing preference.

My initial sales inquiry was on a Friday night around midnight, and much to my surprise I got a response back within about an hour. Jarrett continued to promptly reply through out the night and into the day as I clarified any questions I had. I placed my order at 4:16am on Saturday morning, knowing full well it is the weekend, and their provisioning time frame was 1 to 72 hours.

A little bit of digging shows BananaBit has two legitimately assigned IP blocks, underneath Bandcon. In conversation with Jarrett I was told that they use Extreme Networks hardware and they are setup with 24/7 support utilizing technicians from around the world. Remote reboot ports and customer accessible MRTG graphs are in the works.

Their website is probably the only neutral/negative point I can find in my pre/initial sales experience. While their main home pages feels nice and looks good, everything else is simply an article contained in the knowledge base of the customer/billing portal(WHMCS). Again, the benefit of the doubt goes to BananaBit here as they are a new company. Hopefully, a little more attention will go into further developing their website.

More to come as the process continues.

Thanks for the review, Keep us posted

Thanks for the review! It really help to see what customers want!

Looking forward to the update!

Always great to read the positive reveiw. Thanks for sharing with the all community.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

6 Month Update

Update: Just shy of the 6 month mark.

Perfect service! I have not had to contact support even once. The network is rock solid with the only downtime I noticed of a minute. They have added MRTG for customers and the website has improved dramatically. I don't think I could ASK for a better experience so far.

Mod note: Wasn't sure if it was proper to post the update in thread, or create a new. I apologize in advance if I am in error.

6. Thanks for the feedback! Happy to have you as a customer.