Is touchsupport still owned by the planet?

I was reading another topic about TS and some of the posts made it seem as though TS branched out away from TP. Their site doesn't have any mention of theplanet anymore, but I recall it stating they were acquired by the planet last year.

Touch Support is totally independent of The Planet. In fact some of the old system administrators. which are brilliant sysadmins, that left at the time of the split are now back with Touch Support.
    WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Shared/Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated
    24/7 Support Help Desk
    - LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM

so now they are not under the planet anymore?
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter

No, Touch Support is owned by a firm in Chicago, IL. The Planet purchased Touch Support for its level 3 system admins and then less than a week alter sold the client support side and company to a firm in Chicago.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary McClung View Post
    No, Touch Support is owned by a firm in Chicago, IL. The Planet purchased Touch Support for its level 3 system admins and then less than a week alter sold the client support side and company to a firm in Chicago.
    I don't know about their service levels... but their prices have jacked up. $4 for a L2 tickets seem too harsh.

For that price, I don't know how they are able to offer service. It was previously fantastic! Don't know how they would beat their own score.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh-rao View Post
    I don't know about their service levels... but their prices have jacked up. $4 for a L2 tickets seem too harsh.

For that price, I don't know how they are able to offer service. It was previously fantastic! Don't know how they would beat their own score.
    For an American tech support $4.00 is cheap in my opinion. There is a lot of owrk done for that $4.00. I think many do not understand the true cost of techs and employees. An average tech makes between $40 - 50k per year. They typically have good benefits costing another $15 - 20k. Then you have payroll taxes, etc. I'm sure they have to have each tech doing about 10 tickets per our at that four dollar rate to make a profit.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary McClung View Post
    For an American tech support $4.00 is cheap in my opinion. There is a lot of owrk done for that $4.00. I think many do not understand the true cost of techs and employees. An average tech makes between $40 - 50k per year. They typically have good benefits costing another $15 - 20k. Then you have payroll taxes, etc. I'm sure they have to have each tech doing about 10 tickets per our at that four dollar rate to make a profit.
    Touchsupport I believe has maintained their quality. And true quality comes from brilliant techs,who needs to be paid high and hence their pricing.