CSS Float problems

Hi guys,

I'm designing a property site. I have a search function which pulls properties from a database. This is all working well. I'd like the image to float left with brief details of the property (Price etc) to the right. Easy right? When I put a float:left on the image, everything works as it should but I think I need to do a clear:both so the next property lines up correctly. If I do this though, all the properties except the first drop to below the sidebar on the left. Any ideas?

You can see the page I'm working on at http://www.bacommercial.com/test/ Just do a property search (leave everything blank) and you can see what I mean. I've taken the floats of the images for now.

Thanks in advance,
    Brendan.

Everything appears to be in order for me. The page is styled badly but nonetheless all of the search results are showing one after another and are aligned correctly.

Tested in IE6, IE7 and FF. Can you perhaps post a screenshot to show what you mean?
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

Hi,
    I'd like the text to show to the right of the image for each property. It's still very much a work in progress hence the bad styling of other areas. It's just this problem I'm interested in now.
    Thanks.

Well your design isn't a fluid type so i'll assume it has a fixed width - have you checked the widths of the 2 divs to make sure they aren't wider than the container when added together?
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

Hi,

I've checked that the 2 divs aren't wider than the containing div. I've made a screenshot that will hopefully explain what I want to do. You can see it here.

You can see the page here - Just leave all the options blank and click the search button.

I've played around with firebug for ages but can't get it right. Maybe someone with better skills than me will be able to help me out.

Thanks,

If you're getting paid by your client to design this part of their site, you might want to invest part of it into a programmer if you're not sure what you're doing.
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio