Where to buy SPLA Windows Server License

Hello, our collocation provider don't sell SPLA windows server licenses and I need to setup a dedicated server with Windows Web Edition, so I'm now looking where can I buy the license for this server, can you tell me who can sell me this kind of license?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Microsoft hehe

I would say ebay, newegg or any other microsoft reseller.
    HostREA.com
    kirk[@]hostrea.com
    Shared / Reseller cPanel Web Hosting
    WHMCS Templates -Ready to go instant downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by dsricardo View Post
    Hello, our collocation provider don't sell SPLA windows server licenses and I need to setup a dedicated server with Windows Web Edition, so I'm now looking where can I buy the license for this server, can you tell me who can sell me this kind of license?

Directly from MS. You have to sign contract and they won't issue just 1 server license. If you need 1 server license, go to retail store and buy it.

But you wont get DC and Entp versions in stores. You need partnership with MS for this

If someone already have the SPLA Agreement with MS can sell me the license?

He wants Web edition, the watered down version.

This is what you want: http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/def...spx?EDC=863661
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

PM me for my contact's info @ HP. I don't want to post it here without her permission.

are you looking to own to lease?

You can't buy SPLA licenses, nor is Newegg or CDW the place to go. The only license that can be used for doing web hosting is SPLA, not purchased licenses. You sign up for SPLA through an authorized reseller.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...ing/howto.mspx

I go through Ingram Micro and am quite happy, have a very simple sign up process and responsive reps. To sign up, just need to fill out a few forms, email them the paperwork, and then its usually a few business days and you'll have your login info for downloads and keys.
    Ken Robertson | Linked Labs | linkedlabs.com

Insight is pretty good as well, they have a nice management interface. But ultimately the pricing is all the same.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by VN-Ken View Post
    Insight is pretty good as well, they have a nice management interface. But ultimately the pricing is all the same.
    I second Insight...
    ZZ Servers - Business Hosting, HIPAA and PCI Compliant Hosting Solutions - http://www.zzservers.com
    Xen Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting
    Custom configurations, firewall, VPN, load balancers, private networks and more.

Quote Originally Posted by zendzipr View Post
    I second Insight...
    I'll third Insight. we setup with them recently, and the process was quick and painless, and reporting is pretty easy and straightforward as well. You can just pull up the previous month and make edits to that instead of inputting everything from scratch every month.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

Just throwing this information out, because I've encountered this as a problem with Web edition.

Server 2003 Web Edition only supports 2GB of ram
    Server 2008 Web (32 bit) supports a max of 4GB ram
    Server 2008 Web (64 bit) supports up to 32GB's of ram

source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ws_server_2008

I don't think you can go directly to MS and you definitely can't buy an SPLA license. We use Insight. You might also want to check with your DC as they are sometimes resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Qgyen View Post
    You can't buy SPLA licenses, nor is Newegg or CDW the place to go. The only license that can be used for doing web hosting is SPLA, not purchased licenses. You sign up for SPLA through an authorized reseller.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...ing/howto.mspx
    Good answer, and it bears repeating. You CANNOT use any other license, except SPLA, if you are going to be hosting websites of others. You can use other licenses (retail, oem, volume) if you are ONLY hosting YOUR OWN websites.

Casting my vote for an MS partner, we have been using Insight for about 4 years and are very satisfied with their responsiveness. Pricing is of course the same no matter who you use, so go with who you think gives the best service.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekweta View Post
    Casting my vote for an MS partner, we have been using Insight for about 4 years and are very satisfied with their responsiveness. Pricing is of course the same no matter who you use, so go with who you think gives the best service.
    our SPLA reseller is dell. And no pricing is not the same no matter who you use. they all have their own small markups they put in. very very minor and it changes every month as microsofts SPLA pricing can and often does change monthly. but very very minor changes.

Quote Originally Posted by hhw View Post
    I'll third Insight. we setup with them recently, and the process was quick and painless, and reporting is pretty easy and straightforward as well. You can just pull up the previous month and make edits to that instead of inputting everything from scratch every month.
    We've been a customer with Insight for several years now. They do an excellent job. PM me if you need contact information.
    E Solutions by WOW! Business
    Collocation, DR, VMWare Hosting in our Data Centers
    SSAE-16 Type II Certified with locations in Tampa, FL and Columbus, OH
    Call Now! 813-301-2600