Post What would like to see on the first page of a web development firm

We are rebuilding our site and would love to get valuable feedbacks on the frontpage content from the members here.

If you are looking for a web development / outsourcing firm , what would be your factors in selecting the firm ? Definetely portfolio , customer reviews , company profile is important , but would you like to see as you enter the site.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Ehsan
    << Please see the Rules page for signature limitations. >>

Nice, clean, crisp texts, headings, images and a blazing fast, optimized website that's written in perfect English (or whatever language you write in, it should be flawless), and no cheesy cheap stockphotos with 'happy' people or servers. A portfolio in a nice gallery would be cool as well and ofcourse social media updates like Twitter, FriendFeed, Facebook, LinkedIn... Also direct links to info/quote/order forms and more in-depth explanation of the offered services.
    hi there!

A big sign saying free cash would be nice

Keep the first page light and airy, a few offers, some web 2.0 gadgets for social networking such as twitter, facebook, etc. Make sure you add a little of your work on there, but not too much - save something for your portfolio.

Also, if like me you provide a clients workspace area where they can login and view their project at anytime (or even if you have a system anything like it) add a login form on every page ... I forgot and learnt that the hard way

Make sure you come back with a link so we can all have a look around!
    Good luck with the site!
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

I would most likely put a summary of all the other pages on the site on the home page. Like Package deals/Offers, Services provided & Client Testimonials.

@Jay August : Thanks. I was planning to put a few stock photos describing our services , but after your comments I am giving it a rethink . But dont you a think a few pictures describing our services might be worth it ?

@MediaFireBrand : Just pray , so that we can offer free cash . We would love to be in a position to offer cash

@bradleymartin : wont that be too clumsy ?
    << Please see the Rules page for signature limitations. >>

Don't over do the homepage. Too much content is difficult to read. Easy access to examples of your work is important.

1 - reasons to work with you - about, history, portfolio, promotions, testimonials, services, contact.... professional appearance

@Jay August : Thanks. I was planning to put a few stock photos describing our services , but after your comments I am giving it a rethink . But dont you a think a few pictures describing our services might be worth it ?
    Stock photos can be amazing, if picked right. I just warned to not pick the cheesy ones. Spend a bit more cash on them, to find the just perfect ones

Don't use that blonde chick everybody uses
    hi there!

My first priority (based on my personal preference) is clean, second is contact information (I want it now, now now) a phone number at least. Thirdly, optimization. (If I know that my connection is fast, stable, and strong, and yet your page takes more than a few moments to load... I will usually flip back to wherever I found you and continue looking at the other guy... I may forget to come back to you).

imo || mo=worthless
    Machen N. Mathews - Limestone Networks - Business Development
    Cloud - Enterprise & Dedicated Hosting - Resell Dedicated Servers
    DDoS Protected - @LimestoneInc - 877.586.0555 x112
    Bitcoin? Coffee? Yes.

A very nice, clear design,unique design, this would be the best advertisement of yourself.

Something about your working results,this would make you more reliable.

Besides the web development packages to show to your visitors, how bout include a sidebar with your client portfolios? I think this might trigger most confidence and sales from your prospect as well.