View Poll Results: Attending HostingCon 2010?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 47.67%
  • No

13 15.12%
  • Maybe leaning more towards yes

29 33.72%
  • Maybe leaning more towards no

3 3.49%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi boys - was good fun last week, the SE has all safely arrived again, though still somewhat recovering from the party-week

We'll be there again in Texas - booth reserved - close to the r1soft team, so - will b great fun!
    Leading Webhosting Email Security Solutions, Incoming & Outgoing Filtering + Email Archiving!
    Clusterable, Scalable, in the Cloud or on Premises, Fully Managed, 4-Tier Control, Plugins for all Major Control Panels, and an Extensive API!
    SpamExperts - "The way email was meant to be - Simply SpamFree"
    (www.spamexperts.com)

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
    Adam from Tucows/OpenSRS excelled with his 20 points, and whilst many had some relation to what opensrs sells, the information was the same whomever your registrar is - I only wrote down 4 of them, but they *will* be getting implemented before the year end ...
    Glad to hear you got something out of Adam's presentation. For those that missed it, here's the Powerpoint deck as PDF for download:

http://opensrs.com/events/presentations/20-ways.pdf
    James from Tucows
    jkoole at tucows.com

We plan on being there. Looking into possibly getting a booth.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Austin is a great city. I lived there for awhile and would love the excuse to visit again.
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

I'm just happy it's in a right to work state.

Verdict Networks Team will be attending HostingCon 2010!!

See you all there!

I think I'll be attending this one.

I have spoken at the last two HostingCons, but I won't be able to make the next one. My wife is due with our second child the week after the show, and the idea of being that far away from her that close to the due date doesn't sit with me very well! ServInt will have representation there but it won't be me.
    Christian Dawson Exectuive Director and Co-Founder, i2Coalition
    The i2Coalition is comprised of small to medium cloud providers, data centers, registrars, registries and other foundational Internet enterprises. Join today!
    Follow us on Twitter @i2coalition or checkout our forum!

Bobcares will be attending HostingCon 2010 @ Austin
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

Quote Originally Posted by mrcjdawson View Post
    I have spoken at the last two HostingCons, but I won't be able to make the next one. My wife is due with our second child the week after the show, and the idea of being that far away from her that close to the due date doesn't sit with me very well! ServInt will have representation there but it won't be me.
    I can understand Christian, as I was in the similar situation last year and I wanted to be with my wife at all possible time.
    Blessen Cherian

Blessen,

Well congratulations on your fatherhood! It's truly a wonderful thing and has brought me a joy like nothing before. Missing the show may not be ideal but it'll be a small price to pay to experience the joys of meeting your child again.

-Christian
    The i2Coalition is comprised of small to medium cloud providers, data centers, registrars, registries and other foundational Internet enterprises. Join today!

I've only briefly heard about this event as I am from the UK

How much does it cost to attend this event, what do they have to offer?

It doesn't cost very much at all to attend... most of your expense will be traveling to the US from UK, and your hotel.

What you'll get out of it, is directly proportional to what you put into it! You could potentially meet lots of industry people, executives, support companies, hosting companies and companies that support them. You could also learn a lot from the sessions they put on... most everything you'd want to know about the industry, its trends, etc.

My advice... if you're in the hosting industry and can afford the trip to Austin and a hotel for a few nights, you owe it to yourself to attend... particularly if you haven't attended one before. Besides all the "work-related" stuff... it can be a lot of fun too.

I believe there have been 5 of them... the one coming up in Austin being the 6th annual.

Hope that helps!
    Rob Moore
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Web Hosting Providers - since 2005.
    Video Tutorials for cPanel, Plesk, WordPress, Email, DNS, FTP and more!
    Custom Video Factory | Video Tutorial Translations | Branded Video Tutorials

Sounds good. So it's in a different location every year?

Wish it was in London, somewhere close

Well, it was in Washington, DC this year, and Chicago in 2008 and 2007. I believe it was in Las Vegas before that, and Chicago before that... but this year was the first year for iNet being the new owners of the event... so perhaps they'll be moving it to a different city each year. I'd be very surprised if they move it out of North America though.
    Rob Moore
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Web Hosting Providers - since 2005.
    Video Tutorials for cPanel, Plesk, WordPress, Email, DNS, FTP and more!
    Custom Video Factory | Video Tutorial Translations | Branded Video Tutorials

just need to get saving, get some plane tickets

Quote Originally Posted by mrcjdawson View Post
    Blessen,

Well congratulations on your fatherhood! It's truly a wonderful thing and has brought me a joy like nothing before. Missing the show may not be ideal but it'll be a small price to pay to experience the joys of meeting your child again.

-Christian
    Thanks for the wish Christian and you are absolutely correct, it is a wonderful experience.
    Blessen Cherian

Quote Originally Posted by demowolf View Post
    It doesn't cost very much at all to attend... most of your expense will be traveling to the US from UK, and your hotel.

What you'll get out of it, is directly proportional to what you put into it! You could potentially meet lots of industry people, executives, support companies, hosting companies and companies that support them. You could also learn a lot from the sessions they put on... most everything you'd want to know about the industry, its trends, etc.

My advice... if you're in the hosting industry and can afford the trip to Austin and a hotel for a few nights, you owe it to yourself to attend... particularly if you haven't attended one before. Besides all the "work-related" stuff... it can be a lot of fun too.

I believe there have been 5 of them... the one coming up in Austin being the 6th annual.

Hope that helps!
    Like Rob mentioned, its a great event to attend if you are in the Hosting Industry space.
    Blessen Cherian

I might try getting myself down there. I know I have relatives in San Angelo so if that isn't too far I may consider it worthwhile
    Nothing here right now.

Quote Originally Posted by blessen View Post
    Thanks for the wish Christian and you are absolutely correct, it is a wonderful experience.
    One I cannot wait to repeat next year around HostingCon time!

Depends on if there are enough people going id actually care to see.
    Nick | BudgetVM
    1G | 10G | 40G | 100G Baremetal Servers
    Featuring Best in Class - In House DDOS Protection - No Voxility

I would like to be a part of it

Definitely got to hit this up, glad to see its being hosted in Austin

I may go, it starts the day after I turn 18 so I'm not sure if I'll be going, as I already have a friend who plans on taking me out on the night. =P
    Not sure what to put here :-P

Quote Originally Posted by mooseweb View Post
    I may go, it starts the day after I turn 18 so I'm not sure if I'll be going, as I already have a friend who plans on taking me out on the night. =P
    So go anyways, there will be plenty of socializing, drinking, partying, or whatever floats your boat plus you'll be promoting yourself and your brand in the process.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast