vps location for australia

Can anybody please recommend that in which city I should look for vps in US so that I get fast speed in Aus. at the moment I have vps but speed is very slow, also if you can recommend the provider will be excellent.
    at the moment I have shortlisted one HostV and other wiredtree but I do not know what will be speed at HostV as some of there clients must be using video sites, the problem with aussie host is that bandwidth is very costly also VPS provider here are very costly, if you can recommend other it will be very helpfull.
    Thanx for your help

Check out the 6sync.com. They are a New Zealand company and would expect their offering have good connections to "down under".

Quote Originally Posted by eComNow View Post
    They are a New Zealand company and would expect their offering have good connections to "down under".
    But would you expect their own website to be hosted in Chicago?

my2k: Really the best you can do (short of paying the price and hosting in Australia) is to look for providers with good networks in US west-coast locations. I've been happy with VPSs from FutureHosting in Seattle and SolarVPS (ex Zone.net) in LA.

But once you move to US hosting you'll see latency around 180ms minimum, and the rest of the USA is mostly reachable within 250ms, so don't expect to see much difference between US locations.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

I have checked 6sync.com they do not have anything to sell.

Well Rimuhosting offers services in Australia as well - but I would not say they are inexpensive. I thought 6sync has a server location in Los Angeles, they are opening their new datacenter there ( according to their website at least)

They do indeed now offer VPS hosted in a Los Angeles datacenter too

I would go for a VPS on the west coast such as Seattle or Los Angeles.

Good luck with your search.

Hi,

I second this. LA or Seattle with some network providers like Level3 is the way to go. You normally will get at least 300 KB/s.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel