Hybrid View

Anyone offer ESX or ESXi

I know ESX is expensive, but does anyone offer at least ESXi as a choice on dedicated servers?

I don't want to advertise just ourselves but... we have a couple ESXi machine's ourselves and can provide them to customers but it needs to be a custom hardware order. You'd want to get Dell hardware IMO to ensure that all the monitoring features work, it's annoying having RAID but not being able to monitor it because ESXi doesn't support the card.

I would imagine that most dedicated server providers would be happy to arrange this. All you would have to do is sign up on their site and get the key to give to the provider.
    Larry Bly
    Sandbox IT Solutions, LLC.
    www.SandboxITSolutions.com
    Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Consulting Services

Quote Originally Posted by larry2148 View Post
    it's annoying having RAID but not being able to monitor it because ESXi doesn't support the card.
    The Dell PERC are essentially just MegaRAID (LSI) cards. The 8704 and 8708 line of LSI cards work just the same as the Dell PERC for ESXi. I use them in my Supermicro ESXi whitebox and they work great (and show the hardware CIM monitoring in the Health pane).

The Dell stuff targeted for ESXi is overpriced IMHO unless you already buy lots of hardware from Dell and get discounts.

Good call on the Dell hardware. I would probably want something on the ESX compatiblity list.

I'm sure there is a ton of providers out there who would offer it, I would suggest browsing the dedicated offers section, and contact a few of them via email or their support system
    Reliable Hosting Services, LLC
    Affordable Co-Location, Dedicated Servers and VPS Solutions
    http://www.reliablehostingservices.net
    (888) 693-8309

Try igsobe, i´m with them and now they have a good stability. I have my ESXi server on there.

Thanks for the post, we recently joined VMWare's Service Provider Program, as announced on our blog, we're now able to resell VMWare Infrastructure servers as well as ESXi.

Have a great weekend!

I wish more people were interested in esxi hosting. Would give me something to do with these 4 x quad cpu boxes sitting around.. lol

I don't see why providers wouldn't offer ESXi. We have at least a few clients with ESXi on their machines.
    Charles @ Nexeon Technologies - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and more

Are you interested in a specific location?

In Utah, you can check out C7 - http://www.c7dc.com/services/virtualization.htm
    Antony Mascarenhas How can I help? antony_m@zysek.com
    Zysek Technologies Pvt. Ltd. - Indian Datacenter ¦ Hyderabad & Mumbai
    Web Hosting · Virtual Servers · Dedicated Servers · Colocation · Managed Services

Could check out Netdepot, I think they offer free ESX.

Ask any dedicated server provider, I guess most should be able to offer ESX/ESXi to you.
    Cybercon Data Center serving businesses worldwide for dedicated hosting since 1995

* Low cost enterprise class VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V Private Cloud hosting.
    * Dedicated Server Hosting with Hardware RAID - KVM over IP Access - UnMetered Bandwidth - Low Cost

Isn't there a license restriction on ESXi that disallows utilizing it for hosting / reselling vps's?

I dunno about igsobe, the inconsistencies on their website worry me.
    IGsobe: Get a web designer and pay attention 1 of your dedicated servers lists 2-3 diff amounts of bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave - Just199 View Post
    Isn't there a license restriction on ESXi that disallows utilizing it for hosting / reselling vps's?
    I think this means that a host can't use it to sell VPSs, since they would rather you purchase their other solutions meant for that.

But I don't think a client couldn't purchase a license and have the host set it up for them.

But then again, I've only looked through their FAQ a bit and never opened the license/ToS/etc to read that.
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.
    Automotive fasteners for collision shops.

Hi Dave,

We're actually in the process of having a new design created for us... As you can tell, our site is a cluster. I will make sure to contact John to see if he can resolve the inconsistency issue on the current site though.

Thank you for pointing it out.

Regards,

Roman

Send off an email to sales[at]colocrossing.com (www.colocrossing.com) I am sure they can help you out.

I *think* databasebydesign may still offer ESX(i) VPS. Possibly they do offer dedicated as well. They use a lot of Dells, they may be able to help you out.

https://www.databasebydesignllc.com/
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

It sounds like something you should ask a provider, because we offer it, we just don't advertise it.
    madgenius.com - S Corp. We are US based company.
    Web Hosting, Cloud VPS, and Dedicated Solutions since 1998
    Also offering custom solutions and automated provisioning for most services

ESXi is fine, ESX does not offer anything major more.

The enterprise features of VMware are part of vCenter Server.

Most providers who have capable hardware do have ESXi, you'll just need to contact them. As its not a common choice (ie. Centos is more popular). That also includes such as Citrix.

A lot of things are available, just ask around for who is capable of ESXi and then narrow your search down to the right provider.

Also, you can't use ESXi as a point for hosting companies to sell VPS's. They must purchase a paid version eg. ESX.