Looking for a Dedicated Server

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a windows dedicated server provider to run game servers on. I've been researching numerous companies extensively for a over a month and I'm down to three companies. I've also been reading a lot reviews for each of them.

I'm considering Limestone Networks, Singlehop, BurstNET and 10TB. I have a budget of 150~300 a month.

I was looking at plans with a windows dedicated server - Core2Quad series, 8GB RAM, 10TB Bandwidth, and a few other details.

Limestone Networks - The reviews I've seen are wonderful and when I spoke with them, they were really helpful and offered me great deals and extra. I really like them and they're definitely my primary choice.

Singlehop - I've heard really good things about them as well and the reviews were also excellent. It's just the prices for the same plans are a bit higher. But if I did decide to get a server in Chicago, I think SingleHop is definitely worth it.

BurstNET - I also like the prices and the location [Scranton, PA] is ideal for me but there's been mixed reviews and I'm not sure. I'll be doing some more research.

I'm learning a bit about dedicated servers as well but I'm still no genius so I'd like to ask for any advice and perhaps opinions about some of my choices or maybe other companies to consider.

HoneLive would be one of my choices as I currently have a server with them.

Out of your list, Limestone Networks or Burst NET I would pick. My experience dealing with Single Hop in the past wasn't exactly as good as I hoped for and I'm sure a google search can pull up why.
    Nothing here right now.

I see. Thank you for your for input on my list, I'll look further at each company.

About HoneLive, I looked around but it doesn't seem that they offer any bandwidth of 5TB or upwards, which is what I'm hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by silentFuzz View Post
    BurstNET - I also like the prices and the location [Scranton, PA] is ideal for me but there's been mixed reviews and I'm not sure. I'll be doing some more research.

Please pay specific attention to the reviews from mid-November 2008 until the present, as at that time we hired new networking engineering staff, completely upgraded/replaced our network, and installed a new billing/ordering system. Since that time, you'll be hard pressed to find any outage/downtime issues, or really bad reviews. The response to these upgrades has been wonderful, and clients in general have been beyond happy. Our overall performance has been comparable, possibly better than, some hosts charging 2-3x the prices we do---even though we utilize the same network gear many do!
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Please pay specific attention to the reviews from mid-November 2008 until the present, as at that time we hired new networking engineering staff, completely upgraded/replaced our network, and installed a new billing/ordering system. Since that time, you'll be hard pressed to find any outage/downtime issues, or really bad reviews. The response to these upgrades has been wonderful, and clients in general have been beyond happy. Our overall performance has been comparable, possibly better than, some hosts charging 2-3x the prices we do---even though we utilize the same network gear many do!
    Thats great to hear the turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by silentFuzz View Post
    I see. Thank you for your for input on my list, I'll look further at each company.

About HoneLive, I looked around but it doesn't seem that they offer any bandwidth of 5TB or upwards, which is what I'm hoping for.
    See what FDC has, I know bummer has his challenge thread open somewhere around here, might be able to pull off a great deal.
    Nothing here right now.

You actually need to narrow down your pricing range to make a decision.

What are your few other details? What version of Windows server are you hoping for?

Just saying that I eventually went with BurstNET. I'm just waiting now. I'll make sure to follow up with my experiences.