Hosting Cooperative - Advertising

I'm thinking of putting together a web hosting cooperative advertising campaign consisting of 3-8 different website communities, mostly automobile + gaming. I will try and negotiate CPM price DOWN dramatically and deal for a lot more for the dollar (more bang for buck).

I'm looking for about 3-5 web hosts who have a marketing campaign of $100 each for 1 months of advertising who are looking for maximum exposure. This would be a branding campaign - not based on click thrus.

Please respond if:

1. You want to brand your company thru HIGH amounts of impressions.
    2. You have $100 that you can spend on a campaign
    3. You want to get your name/product/service out to the automobile and gaming communities (lots of these people have personal sites).

You will receive:
    1. Your banner on 3-8 of these sites for a set amount of impressions.

If i receive enough response, i'll contact the sites and work out deals. Then i'll alert the hosts who want to advertise and let them know what they will be getting. This works in print media - magazines do this all the time to drive down CPM's. Lets try this for online.

Darren Herman

Define "HIGH".

We may be interested, depending on the numbers.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Your in the wrong forum fella.

Re: Hosting Cooperative - Advertising

Originally posted by dherman76
    This would be a branding campaign - not based on click thrus.
    Yes, that's all that's left of online advertising these days.

I still remember when the online advertisers were gloating about measuring success by click-thrus and not merely relying on branding like conventional advertising. Then the click-thrus dried up and died and then they wheel out the "it's great for branding too!!!"....

Yeah, I'd be interested in some numbers etc. Let's see what you can come up with. Maybe the mods can move this into the ad_forums and we can talk turkey?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Originally posted by ZBoca
    Your in the wrong forum fella.

No, he's not. He's "thinking" about this.
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Thinking is stretching it... thread moved.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

$100 for branding? hmm
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

We'd be interested, Darren. Let us know what you come up with.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Darren, I am interested in this. Please provide more information when available.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Hey guys/gals,
    i posted this message before i went to sleep - and now i'm awake. I'm going to do some research into this today and come up with a plan. I'll come back and talk to you when i can show what i can provide.

$100 for branding is NOTHING. That is a sweet deal. I've worked doing online media buys for CommerceOne as well as offline media buys - and $100 for branding opportunities is nothing.

By the looks of this - i've got 4-6 hosts who are interested which means an average of $500 - I'll work with that.

Darren Herman

I've put inquiries into auto and gaming sites- awaiting their responses.

Ok - here's the deal.

I got answers back from the Autmotive side of the advertising so here is what i have put together.

This is for 4 Web Hosts - No more, no less for the initial campaign. If i can't get more than 3, then its off, if i can get 6, then the first 4 are 'in'.

Here is a good deal:

# of hosts: 4

Media Buys: 500,000 total skyscraper ads on www.supercars.net (1 million impressions per day, distributed across 35 000 unique visitors).
    200,000 total 468's (normal size) on www.exoticcarnetwork.com & www.exoticcarforums.com

Total of 700,000 impressions = 175,000 per host (700000/4)

Cost: $95

This is a branding opportunity - to get your name out in the open. This campaign is great for exposure. If you are interested - please PM me and let me know.

If you don't know about the automotive industry - they are very lucrative to design/hosting companies because people like to start personal sites up all the time (as well as business sites). Domain registration is also huge amongst them.

Thanks!

Update (10:46am EST 11/13/02) -

2 Hosts Signed On - We need 2 More!

-Darren
    Last edited by dherman76; 11-13-2002 at 11:44 AM.