Question College-Going Rates (straight from high school)

I was talking to a friend of mine on AIM and decided to do some research. I found that the college-going rate (the percentage of graduating seniors that go on to college) in the area I live in is only 38.8% as of 1999 (California's rate, in comparison, is slightly over 50%).

If you know it off hand, what's the rate for your area? I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the lowest in the United States. (BTW: I'm getting my numbers from http://www.cpec.ca.gov/FactSheets/Fa...01/fs01-01.pdf)

EDIT: I made the topic clearer in the hopes it'd gain more discussion.
    Last edited by mind21_98; 11-13-2002 at 08:48 PM.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

I was thinking of rates like the rate of exchange and came across this novel way of paying fees

A university in the US is accepting tuition payment in pigs.

Lindenwood University in California is offering students the chance to pay their fees by bartering anything its dining hall can use.

According to the The Los Angeles Times six families so far have swapped their pigs for a scholarship.

They have been trading pigs that are worth little on the open market for classes in business or education at Lindenwood.

In the bargain, they've filled the cafeteria's freezers with sausage, bacon and whole pigs, which are smoked on an outdoor barbecue spit before home football games.

Sally Miller, a kindergarten teacher who paid in hogs for her last two years at Lindenwood, told the newspaper: "I often wondered if that was dad's pig up there."

President Dennis Spellmann hopes to bring 50 barter students a year to Lindenwood.

He's promoting the deal to rural school superintendents. He's even advertising in the Farm Journal with a campaign titled Pork: The Other Tuition Payment.

Originally posted by susannad
    A university in the US is accepting tuition payment in pigs.

Lindenwood University in California is offering students the chance to pay their fees by bartering anything its dining hall can use.
    I wonder how many pigs you'd need to graduate with a business diploma.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

hehe thats great. what a novel idea.
    --
    Rich

a business diploma.
    maybe bring home the bacon ?