Decatur, Il.

ASP won't display

Hello, not sure if this is the right place. I write html/css fluenlty and I thought it would be a good idea to learn ASP because it seems to be in demand at an increasing rate. I started learning yesterday and went through the steps of installing IIS on my Windows 7 RC and the service is start. I have just written a basic vbscript page and placed the code:
    response.Write("Hello all")
    in the body and yet when I try and view it in my browser from the folder in my wwwroot/htdocs it just displays all of the code including the <%Language="VBSCRIPT"%> etc,... not the html itself. All tags are closed.

I thought maybe I didn't have the right extension so I tried .asp, .aspx and .html just to be safe and no go. I then thought it may be my browser since I use Opera (the only browser, lol, jk) and it has a tendency to not display a very few things right, so I tried FF and no go and then I tried IE since ASP is Microsoft and it didn't display anything at all.

My IIS service is started. I thought maybe it could be that it is Windows 7, but IIS is Microsoft and I would think it would have focused on it's own services before any other bugs. I doubt that's the problem.

I uploaded the page to my free host at byethost and it didn't work, but I am not surprised as from what I have heard less than half of the hosts on the net actually support ASP.

Can soemone please tell me what I doing wrong or what I can do. I can't really keep learning if I have no where to test my code. Thanx.

Make sure the asp is added in the Handler Mapping in IIS.
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

Decatur, Il.
    Alright thank you, I appreciate your respone, I swill start looking for Handler Mapping now.

Decatur, Il.
    It's says asp is enabled.