Pls REVIEW this laptop for me

Pls house can you help me review this laptop. They called it an entertainment laptop, but i want to know if it's very suitable for programmers. I'm a programmer and i need a laptop that's very suitable for what i do.

Computer name : HP HDX 16t Premium series
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HDX16tseries_300.jpg  

Here's the specs

Available with 16" edge-to-edge (diagonal) display

HP HDX brand featuring premium titanium finish with Fluid Imprint, priority service & support number, HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Starting at specs:
    Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
    Free upgrade to Windows 7
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6400
    2GB memory
    250GB hard drive
    512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW
    Optional Blu-ray, Integrated HDTV Tuner

Wireless-N card
    Integrated webcam, fingerprint reader, & microphone
    full-size numeric keypad
    ENERGY STAR® qualified

I don't know what your programing, but for the most part that would be more then fine, unless your going out and programing code for a massive game.

I would upgrade to 4GB of ram, and then possibly upgrade the hard drive to either a Seagate 7200.4 or Western Digital scorpio blue, just because those drives over a nice overall performance boost.

You would be better off with a faster T8xxx/P8xxx or T9xxx series Core 2 Duo processor possibly, and I'd really look at upgrading the RAM as well.

That said, it really depends what you are programming. If you need to compile anything large, you would be 100% better off with a desktop.
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

I think it will be a nice laptop for just about anything. But sense you are a programmer I would suggest a desktop computer but if you do small jobs that laptop should work just fine.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Thanks guys. I won't be programming any thing behemoth with it.

i think upgrade Ram will good
    4 Ram fine
    Webgater.CoM - Cheap FullyManged Unmetered VPS , Master Reseller ,
    Reseller and Webhosting.
    Tomer A

One thing you also may want to take a look at, is the keyboard. Since your going to be using it a lot a solid keyboard that you like will be a must.

Personally i had a very bad experience with HP Laptops; what made me replace mine was: (I am not sure about this model, as the model i am talking about what bought a year ago. I assume they got many complains about this and may have fixed these issues.)

- The memory in the machine we ordered had 1GB and was only upgradable to 2GB, although it meant we needed to replace the complete memory as factory default was 2x 512mb. So always check your upgrade capability on the laptop incase you ever want to upgrade.

- They had on the model we had a Wifi switch infront of the laptop; which was a slider; for on and off; needless to say a Laptop you use on your lap, it would not be the first time we lost internet connectivity when having it on our lap, or close to the tables edge. (Nice designers flaw).

- Battery life was dramatic; within a year the battery died, and as usual it was out of warranty. This while a reason of buying a laptop is often the mobility of the machine

In other words; before you order online look at these little things before buying it in a real store, or you might end up with a laptop which might not fit your needs.

While this post is not written towards the laptop you asked specifically; it may guide you to find the best hardware for your usage.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Well that laptop looks fine for general gaming and programming as long as it is nothing major... You could always visit newegg.com which has 20+ reviews for each laptop.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

I think you just need to upgrade the ram,other than that the laptop is fine

what is the price of it? Im sure we could also find something cheaper also.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.