Web Design and Hosting Combined

Does anyone know any companies that offer both web design and hosting in one package? What I am thinking of would be managed shared hosting. Just wondering.

I am sure there are a few Hosting Companies that do this. Personally I do not know any at the top of my head. Do you really need them in with one another?

Also, What is your budget, requirements, Features?

Sean
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

I'm not really looking for myself. I suppose any price would do I was just trying to make things easier for my friend. Personally I think this is a good idea and wish more places would offer it.

I'm not really looking for myself. I suppose any price would do I was just trying to make things easier for my friend. Personally I think this is a good idea and wish more places would offer it.
    It can help in a way, Though there are plenty of excellent designers out there.
    Does your friend want a design done for free or soemthing for hosting with that certain webhost?

Not all places offer it because not everyone are designers and that includes me

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by cloix View Post
    It is available but it's more of a niche service offering. Your friend will probably pay more for the "one stop shopping" convenience.

Have you checked with local web design firms? What city/state is your friend located in? I'll see if I can find a few for you.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

It's more because she doesn't know much about the process that goes into running her own website. She would just like to call or email someone and get something changed or add a page to the site. She would like to be as hands off as possible.

She would like to be as hands off as possible.
    So how would the site be run if no one was maintaining it?

-Sean

She wants to be able to call them or email the information and have them do it for her.

She wants to be able to call them or email the information and have them do it for her.
    Got you. Well I am not sure where to look for one of them. Webhosts are merely there to support you but not to maintain your website(s).

Perhaps she may want to hire a casual programmer/designer to do that. I cannot say where to get one cause I am not sure, Can I ask what sort of site is being planned?

Sean

It's more because she doesn't know much about the process that goes into running her own website. She would just like to call or email someone and get something changed or add a page to the site. She would like to be as hands off as possible.
    There are definitely web hosts which offer this.

In these situations, I recommend dealing with a local web host. What city/state is your friend located in?
    What's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Got you. Well I am not sure where to look for one of them. Webhosts are merely there to support you but not to maintain your website(s).
    I think you're getting hung up on the term "web host". Technically the OP is looking for a web designer who also offers web hosting and ongoing maintenance. These do definitely exist.

Here's an example after a quick 3 second Google search: http://www.jasonj.com/jj.html
    What's your budget?

Mount Vernon, Ohio.

I assume for the such combination you need to do the search for the web design styudios which offer web hosting accounts but not vice versa.
    As rule all web design studios are resellers for the web hosting services
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

A lot of hosting companies also claim to be able to provide high quality design services on the side - beware though that a little amount of the companies actually do deliver on the promise of high quality.

You're best to get hosted with a hoster and get designed with a designer. They both serve seperate roles for a reason
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

I think hostway and i host big.

I think hostway and i host big.
    Hostway is not going to act as a webmaster. It is a regular web host. Like RossMAN said above, this kind of service is likely to not come cheap because you're essentially buying man-hours. I'd look for good web designers, contact them, and ask if they can provide post-design website hosting and management service.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 08-13-2009 at 09:48 AM.

I am offering this with my new business Energized I.T. I haven't rolled everything into one package but that is a good idea.

There are lots of hosted CMS sites that kind of do this for you, or they make editing the site so very easy you can do it yourself. But they host your site and have that continuing income stream.

Mark

I think its best to get services separately, get a designer then find a host.. but of course that's just my opinion. =)