Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which is the best domain register? Cheap with Register Name Protection?

hello, sorry for this post, I know that there are a lot of topics like this but I need to confirm with people here.

I think godaddy have lot of good reviews, but is too complicated to register/transfer domain, and we need to pay a lot of money to protect the register information.

I know one register that sells domain .com for less then 3 dollars but it has no service of protection and I don't know if they let us transfer the domain name, in the chat they say they allow to transfer in the phone they say its impossible. so its not very trustable. uolhost.com.br is the company.

these two are the company i know, i need sugestions to domain registers cheap + register information protection, does somebody knows one?

i use godaddy and namecheap , i have to say ive been with namecheap for 10+ years really works great!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

in this namecheap.com the whoisguard is free? even if i transfer/register more than 1 domain? after one year do i need to pay for the whoisguard service?

Quote Originally Posted by celular View Post
    in this namecheap.com the whoisguard is free? even if i transfer/register more than 1 domain? after one year do i need to pay for the whoisguard service?
    The whoisguard is only free for one year. Then you have to pay.

You might want to consider name.com. Their prices are inexpensive (8.99 for com), and their whois privacy is always free. No hidden charges.
    Sue

A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future. --Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by BristolSue View Post
    The whoisguard is only free for one year. Then you have to pay.

You might want to consider name.com. Their prices are inexpensive (8.99 for com), and their whois privacy is always free. No hidden charges.
    this name.com seems good. is it a solid company?

this name.com seems good. is it a solid company?
    Should be. They've been around since 1995.
    Sue

thanks for the info. Im checking them out now

Actually Godaddy have a special on were you buy 5 domains and get free whois. I gather you mean whois (in protection)?

Namecheap all the way. The free ssl is awesome too and cheap to renew but it is a HUGE pain in the butt to re-issue the ssl certs, besides that, they are awesome.

godaddy and namecheap, and personally, I go to godaddy more!

Quote Originally Posted by SLickCate View Post
    godaddy and namecheap, and personally, I go to godaddy more!
    hi, why you would go more to godaddy?

i was looking their prices and for transfers they charge me 6.99 and they guarantee the price if i want to renew, is it true? i always will pay 6.99 unless the registry increases the price?

and the free privacy protection only applies for 1 year or it is forever? (for + than 5 domain registered)

i prefer godaddy and namecheap both...
    godaddy for support ...
    namecheap for quality and pricing !!

i was looking their prices and for transfers they charge me 6.99 and they guarantee the price if i want to renew, is it true? i always will pay 6.99 unless the registry increases the price?

and the free privacy protection only applies for 1 year or it is forever? (for + than 5 domain registered)
    is it true if i transfer my domain for 6.99, they guarantee the price forever?

and the free privacy protection is free forever if i transfer more than 5 domains?

I use enom for everything (I guess having the best enom rate possible helps).

6.99 is for the first renewal year.

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    6.99 is for the first renewal year.
    yes i have just recieved their answer and the price is only for the first year (and i suppose that the free whois protection is only for the first year too, they didnt answered clearly). godaddy website is sooo confusing, and their prices aren't the best x,x.

now i'm in doubt between name.com and namecheap.com. name.com is cheaper and have free whois protection and namecheap.com sounds me more solid company because of comments here but it's a little more expensive.

which ones should i go?

yes i have just recieved their answer and the price is only for the first year (and i suppose that the free whois protection is only for the first year too, they didnt answered clearly). godaddy website is sooo confusing, and their prices aren't the best x,x.

now i'm in doubt between name.com and namecheap.com. name.com is cheaper and have free whois protection and namecheap.com sounds me more solid company because of comments here but it's a little more expensive.

which ones should i go?
    They are enom resellers I guess.

which ones should i go?
    Namecheap is an eNom reseller. They are ICANN registrars since 2007, but have never made the switch to doing their own thing. So, if you use namecheap, you are actually using eNom.

Name.com is a registrar themselves, and are not reselling for anyone else.

To me, it's clear which one is the better company. And I've used both, plus GoDaddy and Network Solutions (back when they were the only game in town). So in my experience, you're better off with name.com.
    Sue

It's true namecheap has gotten a lot of praise, and deservingly so.
    But name.com appears to be at the top of their game as well, even if they haven't gotten the same quantity of feedback.
    You can probably feel safe with name.com too.

I'll only go with a registrar that offers paypal as payment and certainly avoid ones with rubbish checkout and management systems, (cough... like Godaddy).

namecheap, eNom are good. Moniker is held in high regard for its domain security.

Quote Originally Posted by Basher65 View Post
    I'll only go with a registrar that offers paypal as payment and certainly avoid ones with rubbish checkout and management systems, (cough... like Godaddy).

namecheap, eNom are good. Moniker is held in high regard for its domain security.
    I agree...
    I only use name.com for these reasons.

moniker.com and name.com are the same company?
    Last edited by celular; 08-15-2009 at 02:20 PM.

GoDaddy is the best!

Enom is good registrar and the price are ok.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Godaddy is the cheapest @ $7 and i've been with them for a long time... recomend

You will never find a full time deal for $3/domain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast