application pool on Apache

I've got web application to be installed on the server. The server contains MySQL & Apache. Unfortunately web application was created for MSSQL 2005 and IIS 6.0 or 7.0. (By the way. I've got Windows XP Prof on server but I'd like to ask because of my curiosity - is it possible to run MSSQL applications on Linux servers?). I tried to run MSSQL on MySQL - without success (Console Terminal, MS Query Browser, DBConvert). I decided to install MSSQL Server 2008 in order to run .sql script files which are responsible for creating new database.

But my question is somehow different. The other thing required for installation is to "create application pool". I found h t t p : / / but it is about configuring it for IIS. My question is - how to do it for Apache?

And about MSSQL. I just installed it. I open "All Programs" -> "Microsoft SQL Server 2008" -> "Configuration Tools" ("Create on the server Internet Information Serveces 6.0/7.0 web application. Assign application pool to the application, it is recommended for the application to have its own, separated application pool") -> and I see three things "SQL Server Configuration Manager", "SQL Server Error and Usage Reporting", "SQL Server Installation Center". Where can I run sql script?

Indiana, USA
    To run MSSQL and MSSQL databases you're going to need to use a Windows Server/Windows Hosting.

Generally if the application is designed for IIS/MSSQL then you're not going to be able to port it to Linux as-is.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS

Thanks for your reply!

I installed Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and run in Command Prompt:

C:\Documents and Settings\useruser>osql -Usa -Ppassword -i "F:\Data\MyApplication\Scripts\CreateDb.sql"
    [SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2].
    [SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Login timeout expired
    [SQL Server Native Client 10.0]A network-related or instance-specific error has occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found of not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.

And more important question is how to create application pool in Apache instead of IIS? I couldn't google it.

I found this h t t p : / / w w w . but it is for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 so I don't have any SQL Server Surface Area Configuration in Configuration Tools.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyjj2 View Post
    And more important question is how to create application pool in Apache instead of IIS? I couldn't google it.
    Quite simply; you don't There is no Apache alternative for application pooling, strictly speaking.

Thanks! Do you know what I should do to execute this sql file and get rid of those errors? The link which I gave is for Server 2005, I've got Server 2008 and because of this thing I cannot follow first step in that instruction.

you can execute the sql file from management studio directly